Found Safe CO - Leonor Enriquez, 59, Colorado Springs, 11 Sep 2022 *took the trash out & possibly went on a walk*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

PommyMommy

#ShinelikeShanann
Reaction score
krdo.com

Family and police searching for woman missing in Colorado Springs since Sept. 11 - KRDO

[...]

Enriquez was last seen on Sept. 11 at around 8:30 p.m. at the Incline Apartments near Sinton Rd. and Fillmore St. She is described as a White female, 5 feet 3 inches tall, 115 - 130 pounds, with brown hair and brown eyes.

"She went to take the trash out and possibly take a walk around," said Jessica Alvarado, Enriquez's daughter. "She's not known to be gone for a long amount of time. So I'm very, very concerned, very, very worried about her."

Enriquez was last seen wearing a maroon button-up t-shirt with a white shirt underneath, and a skirt. She also is likely carrying a white purse.

[...]

Her family says Enriquez is incredibly friendly and would strike up a conversation with anyone. However, mental health problems like early onset dementia, bipolar, and depression may leave her confused during conversations.

"This is very unlike her," said Alvarado. "She doesn't have any friends, no money, no social media, no car, no phone. So it's very important that we get her name and face out to people that we don't know because possibly she met somebody that she didn't really know.”

Despite security cameras installed around the Incline Apartments, Enriquez's family says management has told them they can’t make out the footage to tell which direction their mom went.

[...]

How long does a person have to be missing before it becomes a police investigation? If police are investigating, shouldn't they be the ones viewing any video, and communicating with the family??

The first article reports her family said she has early onset dementia, bipolar, and depression. Since her family is aware of these medical issues, it seems likely she would have been taking medication for them. It would also seem logical for Law Enforcement to release some type of Silver Alert or special alert for those who have mental/health type conditions.

9/16/22

1663368266003.png
The Colorado Springs Police Department is asking for the public's assistance in locating Leonor Enriquez.

Leonor, a female who stand 5 feet 3 inches tall and weighs an estimated 115 to 130 lbs., vanished on Sept. 11 at around 8 p.m., according to a police statement.

"Ms. Enriquez is considered missing and endangered as she has not returned or been in touch with any of her family," reads the statement.

She has brown eyes and brown hair.

Police say Leonor was last seen wearing a maroon button-up shirt with a white shirt underneath, and a skirt.

She was also carrying a white purse.

[..]

Relatives told the station Leonor is friendly, and also suffers from early onset dementia, depression, and bipolar disorder.

"This is very unlike her," Alvarado added. "She doesn't have any friends, no money, no social media, no car, no phone. So it's very important that we get her name and face out to people that we don't know because possibly she met somebody that she didn't really know."

Anyone with information about Leonor's whereabouts should call the Colorado Springs Police Department at (719) 444-7000.

Anonymous information can be called into the Pikes Peak Area Crime Stoppers Tip Line at (719) 634-STOP (7867) or 1-800-222-8477.

9/15/22

Colorado police are searching for a Colorado Springs woman who disappeared earlier this week and failed to contact friends and family.

According to the Colorado Springs Police Department, Leonor Enriquez, 59, was last seen on September 11 at around 8 p.m., near Sinton Road and Fillmore Street. KDRO reports that family members haven’t heard from her or seen her.

The police department said since it’s unlike Enriquez to have no contact with family, she’s considered missing and endangered.

Just saw this -
This is a sad one, IMO. Hoping she will be found soon and unharmed or frightened.

------------------------------------------
'Very Unlike Her': Colo. Mom Who Vanished After Taking Out Trash Is Considered 'Missing and Endangered'
Leonor Enriquez vanished last Sunday at about 8 p.m.
By
Chris Harris
Published on September 16, 2022 10:50 AM
olice in Colorado are searching for a 59-year-old mother who hasn't been seen since Sunday.
The Colorado Springs Police Department is asking for the public's assistance in locating Leonor Enriquez.
Leonor, a female who stand 5 feet 3 inches tall and weighs an estimated 115 to 130 lbs., vanished on Sept. 11 at around 8 p.m., according to a police statement.
"Ms. Enriquez is considered missing and endangered as she has not returned or been in touch with any of her family," reads the statement.
[...]
Relatives told the station Leonor is friendly, and also suffers from early onset dementia, depression, and bipolar disorder.
"This is very unlike her," Alvarado added. "She doesn't have any friends, no money, no social media, no car, no phone. So it's very important that we get her name and face out to people that we don't know because possibly she met somebody that she didn't really know."
----------------------------------------
Source:

Despite security cameras installed around the Incline Apartments, Enriquez's family says management has told them they can’t make out the footage to tell which direction their mom went.
RSBM.

That is ridiculous and unacceptable, and defeats the object of having security cameras in the first place!

I hope the management upgrades them with something that produces a decent image asap.

There's a view of the apartments (somewhat) and dumpster in this video.

Thank you for this post. It does answer a few questions. Originally I thought maybe she was a walker however it sounds like if she walked it was in the same vicinity of the garbage area. They also say she doesn't have a phone so there's no tracking on that. I know she has on-set dementia but if these habits are regular then there is SERIOUS concern with her missing now. Have we read/heard who was with her at this time? Not accusing just asking if there was a house full or did she live alone? IMO

Thank you for this post. It does answer a few questions. Originally I thought maybe she was a walker however it sounds like if she walked it was in the same vicinity of the garbage area. They also say she doesn't have a phone so there's no tracking on that. I know she has on-set dementia but if these habits are regular then there is SERIOUS concern with her missing now. Have we read/heard who was with her at this time? Not accusing just asking if there was a house full or did she live alone? IMO
Sounds like an apartment..Is the name of the apartment the 'Incline'?

So...This is the vicinity that I ride my scooter in. There are several trails here and a trail-hub on Mark Dabling; which is the road near there, by I-25. There are a LOT of homeless here. I'm going to go check for updates. If they need volunteer searchers, I will help any way I can.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LarryG
Back