CO - Lori Lupercio, Colorado woman found dead outdoors near downtown Denver, City of Cuernavaca Park, homicide investigation - 01 Aug 2024

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

smamda

Reaction score
Article from 9News on Aug 1
Article from Denver7 on Aug 4

Lori Lupercio's body was found at City of Cuernavaca Park (3500 block of Rockmont Drive) just after midnight Thursday August 1, according to the Denver Police. Later on Thursday they announced the case was being investigated as a homicide. As of now, the cause and manner of death are pending. No arrests have been made, and suspect information is not available. Police are seeking information.

Untitled design.png

Last edited:
Article from Denver Gazette on Aug 22

The linked article is about homelessness issues occurring here in Denver.
This is the part relevant to Lori's case:

“You get tired of losing everything. You have to detach. I have gotten used to losing so much stuff I have to tell myself not to hold onto anything anymore,” said Lori Lupercio told the Gazette in June at the encampment a week prior to the sweep described above.
She was gone by the sweep but a few days later at a gathering Downtown she told the Gazette she had been unable to get housing and was scared. A 50-year-old mother of six, she became homeless after not being able to keep up with her rent and was trying to escape domestic violence.
On August 1, Lupercio’s body was found near the South Platte River. Her boyfriend was later arrested and charged with first degree murder.

Rest in peace Lori

Article from Denver Gazette on Aug 22

The linked article is about homelessness issues occurring here in Denver.
This is the part relevant to Lori's case:

“You get tired of losing everything. You have to detach. I have gotten used to losing so much stuff I have to tell myself not to hold onto anything anymore,” said Lori Lupercio told the Gazette in June at the encampment a week prior to the sweep described above.
She was gone by the sweep but a few days later at a gathering Downtown she told the Gazette she had been unable to get housing and was scared. A 50-year-old mother of six, she became homeless after not being able to keep up with her rent and was trying to escape domestic violence.
On August 1, Lupercio’s body was found near the South Platte River. Her boyfriend was later arrested and charged with first degree murder.

Rest in peace Lori
Heartbreaking. She had no place to go to be safe.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor
Back