Found Deceased CO - Maggie Long, 17, suspicious house fire, Bailey, 1 Dec 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not believe that the fire dept vented the roof. Witness says they saw smoke and flames from at least1/4 mile away. This home is at the top of a hill surrounded by some pretty decent tall evergreen trees.
Also....Am I missing something or did zchick remove her reference to the van speeding down the driveway exiting the long ranch. I went back through to try and get a time that might have been mentioned and I cannot find it.

I do not believe that the fire dept vented the roof. Witness says they saw smoke and flames from at least1/4 mile away. This home is at the top of a hill surrounded by some pretty decent tall evergreen trees.
Also....Am I missing something or did zchick remove her reference to the van speeding down the driveway exiting the long ranch. I went back through to try and get a time that might have been mentioned and I cannot find it.

As a possible witness she may have been asked to delete it.

The 911 call was made from the attic of a Mother in law house on the property, the caller was male, I have a friend of a friend that actually rents the upstairs bedroom of the mother in law house, it was probably him who called, I haven't been able to talk to him yet acted as displaced from his home and the gag order . 2of my friends were driving down 43 when they observed a beige mini van driving at excessive speeds down there driveway, once the driver hit 43 the minivan went all the way over to the shoulder of the other side of road, kicked up a bunch of rocks, my friends managed to get the licence plate number, they reported it. The whole thing stinks
Here it is.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by zchick
The 911 call was made from the attic of a Mother in law house on the property, the caller was male, I have a friend of a friend that actually rents the upstairs bedroom of the mother in law house, it was probably him who called, I haven't been able to talk to him yet acted as displaced from his home and the gag order . 2of my friends were driving down 43 when they observed a beige mini van driving at excessive speeds down there driveway, once the driver hit 43 the minivan went all the way over to the shoulder of the other side of road, kicked up a bunch of rocks, my friends managed to get the licence plate number, they reported it. The whole thing stinks
Here it is."

Thank you Pamelado2

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by zchick
xxxxxxxxxx (edited to remove in my reply)"

Thank you Pamelado2

Respectfully, if the post was deleted by zchick, she probably had a good reason to remove it and wouldn't want it reposted.

Respectfully, if the post was deleted by zchick, she probably had a good reason to remove it and wouldn't want it reposted.

It wasn't deleted. It's post #182 on page 13 of this thread.

Is it possible she went to meet a boy at home? Maybe even someone known to her parents that they wouldn't approve? It crosses my mind because the time home and the reports of screaming (arguing?) are a couple of hours apart. Something happened in those 2 hours, whether held against her will or willingly

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

The post that was clipped and then pasted to a "find Maggie Long" website is going to be removed by the administrator.

It was my mistake, not Web Sleuths, that it was cross-posted.

For whatever silly reason, it didn't occur to me that this site was public.

Of course it is, that's how I found it.

Face-palm.

It is possible for threads to be moved to a "members only" section that is called The Parking Lot on this forum.

Marking my spot.

What's with the random, non-related talking on that recording? Is it non-related?
Anyone familiar that may have insight?

The BOLO was in the right ear and the other came through the left. I thought 2 channels or sources. Perhaps the BOLO cuts into every department's channel.

Why wait 6 days to put a bolo out on witness information.
Per LE that was never supposed to be a BOLO, it was info not meant to be released to the public.

The BOLO was in the right ear and the other came through the left. I thought 2 channels or sources. Perhaps the BOLO cuts into every department's channel.
Well that's interesting and makes sense, thanks!

On a general topic of radio traffic.

No LE dispatch I know of streams radio traffic to the internet. They do keep an audio tracker of their dispatch conversations, but that is not available to the public without a FOIA request.

These audio streams that you can come across are because someone, lets say in Denver County, has their 800mhz scanner attached to their computer, are running a software program that takes the audio stream and streams it to a server on the internet.

One such service is Broadcastify.

Private individuals all over the world have their scanners hook up to their computers and are streaming to Broadcastify.

That's how you normally hear these transmission, downloading an audio stream from Broadcastify (or other similar services).

The audio in this BOLO in the Maggie case came from Broadcastify.

You can also listen to traffic as it stream in. Broadcastify has hundreds of streams you can listen to in almost real time (there is about a 10-15 second delay) on their website.

Currently no one is streaming Park County dispatch to anyplace on the internet. We had one person for a few years streaming, but not now.

If that BOLO had transmitted from the PC dispatch, there would be no public audio of it.

The bolo was meant to be sent.
Park County just didn't want the public to hear it. (and I am equally curious as to why they would not want the eyes of their county to have this information)
The question remains. If they had this information from a witness....why wait several days to alert authorities. Any ideas on that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crazythunder