Found Deceased CO - Maggie Long, 17, suspicious house fire, Bailey, 1 Dec 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was reported that guns and ammo were stolen from the home and if so is the ATF helping in the investigation.

From my next article ...

Wegener’s press release also indicated that a task force, comprised of “federal, state, and local law enforcement” had been formed to bring any individual involved in the Maggie Long homicide to justice.

So, federal could certainly be ATF or FBI. Take your pick.

From my next article ...

Wegener’s press release also indicated that a task force, comprised of “federal, state, and local law enforcement” had been formed to bring any individual involved in the Maggie Long homicide to justice.

Have you talked to the mods about becoming verified? Couldn't hurt.

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

From my next article ...

I pick FBI. The number of services the FBI can provide when requested is pretty impressive. From the FBI website;

SERVICES

The types of crimes they investigate can be quite useful in this especially from the standpoint of violent crime;

WHAT WE INVESTIGATE

Very often both FBI and ATF work together. It's not unusual at all.

https://www.atf.gov/

From my next article ...

I never actually log in and comment, but I had to. It’s a crazy story and I have a feeling it will remain just as convoluted as it goes. I sincerely appreciate your contribution to this thread. It’s riveting & most of that is because you are here. Thanks, Walter. You should stick around.

A lot of us here have followed crime stories for a long time. Do any of you recall any incident where law enforcement came out and lied saying there was no body found and then hide it in the morgue? I can’t think of one case

Yes, I have seen where LE recovers a body but doesn't release this for investigative purposes, saw it again just the other day on Forensic Files; Iwill try to remember the case names, but unfortunately I don't think I will remember, but I have mentioned this in other threads.

Some "grow house" as you call them are commercial.

A medical marijuana caregiver can work out of his/her house.

There are regulated to having five )or did they change that to six) plants growing for each patient they are "care giving."

At the same time, they cannot have more than a 150 square foot place that is growing the marijuana.

And "grow house" is sort of interchangeable with a commercial business.

And we have grow house that are not commercial, as they don't sell to the public, only to the industry.

Park County has more marijuana related businesses than most rural counties.

Commercial grows, industry grows, medical and retail stores, caregivers working out of their homes and a good number of illegal grows on property. That includes hash extraction, edible infusing and cultivated marijuana.

It's complicated, I know.

I thought anyone, rec users, etc can have up to 6 plants? Need to look it up.
(As some people reading this suddenly start packing their bags and heading this way, lol)

I thought anyone, rec users, etc can have up to 6 plants? Need to look it up.
(As some people reading this suddenly start packing their bags and heading this way, lol)

You're correct. But my comment was not about private users and those who grow in their home for private recreational use.

My comment was about regulated, licensed growers and distributors.

Zchick said they got the license plate number of the "beige van" that was seen leaving the Long's ranch in a hurry....I can't imagine what the hold up would be in running the plate....do we have any further info on that? Was it reported stolen? Is that still even a lead?

Zchick said they got the license plate number of the "beige van" that was seen leaving the Long's ranch in a hurry....I can't imagine what the hold up would be in running the plate....do we have any further info on that? Was it reported stolen? Is that still even a lead?

We don't have any information PERIOD. That's what's so frustrating.

THe description of suspect that was leaked said it was a 20 year old white male. Might have to look at friends of the children in the family if you want to figure this case out. Just sayin. There is no doubt in my mind that Maggie knew the person who killed her. Arguing and throwing things. I don’t think she felt like they would hurt her or why would she be arguing? Someone was there with a specific purpose - I’m guessing money for drugs. I think the cops know who did this and that’s why they are saying there is no threat to the community. Time will tell. Prayers for the family and community.

THe description of suspect that was leaked said it was a 20 year old white male. Might have to look at friends of the children in the family if you want to figure this case out. Just sayin. There is no doubt in my mind that Maggie knew the person who killed her. Arguing and throwing things. I don’t think she felt like they would hurt her or why would she be arguing? Someone was there with a specific purpose - I’m guessing money for drugs. I think the cops know who did this and that’s why they are saying there is no threat to the community. Time will tell. Prayers for the family and community.

:welcome:

However the arguing could have come after the murder if there was more than one perp. (Especially if one person killed Maggie and the other freaked out.) If it was Maggie and the killer arguing would the tenant have called 911 or the parents?

I really want to know:
What time was the van seen leaving Long's Ranch?
What time did the tenant get home?
Did the tenant hear Maggie or see her arrive home?
Did the tenant see the van?
What time did the police arrive? (Can that information be found somewhere?)

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I'm a local, and I question how there is no threat to the community if there is a missng AK47 and 2000 rounds. The local sheriff has botched a few things over the years, hopefully another agency will take the lead.

I'm a local, and I question how there is no threat to the community if there is a missng AK47 and 2000 rounds. The local sheriff has botched a few things over the years, hopefully another agency will take the lead.

There is no threat to the commuity I feel because it was an isolated incident and not a random thing. The authorizes know this (probably know exactly who it is) and that’s why they said no threat. Because it’s not a person that is just randomly is going around the community robbing houses with tons of cash.

FYI FBI and CBI are involved so you can’t blame things solely on the local sheriff. I think them being quiet means they know who it is and they are looking for them.

I heard that the tenant possible saw the person. So maybe that’s how they had the “white male” description.

I keep coming back to this article, where the sheriff discounts the BOLO and basically gives no additional information.

http://www.9news.com/news/local/inv...spect-in-park-county-teens-homicide/498071847

Yea that’s interesting to me too. But I keep thinking that they are down playing it because they orginially didn’t want it getting out to the general public on Law enforcement.

My theory is they down played it because They don’t want the suspect knowing they have a description of the van etc. and they are coming for him. They want him to think he got away without anyone seeing.

I think if they wanted the info out to the public they would have released it. It only came out because someone caught it on a scanner and then the media got ahold of it. It wasn’t part of the plan for investigators.

A “be on the look-out” was broadcasted by the Denver Police Department, Thursday Dec. 7, at 4:40 p.m. Numerous TV stations in Denver reported the contents of the BOLO. The Flume has an audio of the BOLO that was released and can confirm the language used in the BOLO.

“We did issue a BOLO, but it was not intended for public consumption,” said Undersheriff Dave Wohlers. “It was supposed to go out through a confidential law enforcement source ...

The confidential law enforcement source is known as Colorado Information Analysis Center, which is under the umbrella of Homeland Security and Emergency Management.

(From this coming Thursday's article)

I think maybe we are putting too much faith in what the Park County Sheriff's office said or did, and also the fact that they said the CBI and FBI are involved. No matter what other agency's are "helping", you can be sure this investigation is being handled mainly by the Park County Sheriff's Office. And remember, they didn't retract the BOLO, all they said was that it wasn't supposed to be broadcast the way that it was, it was only to be broadcast to other LE agencies. The fact that they said "No danger to the community" doesn't mean anything, they always say that. This all tells me that they do not know who did this, not at all. I do not think they have a specific suspect that they just haven't located yet. I think they don't know at all who did this or why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member