Found Deceased CO - Maggie Long, 17, suspicious house fire, Bailey, 1 Dec 2017

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wondering did the suspect take the safe out of the house without opening it to see what's inside. How would he, or why would he, take the time to open it in the house?
The puzzle for me is did the suspect have insider info on what the safe contained?
How would he even know, or did he know that there was a safe within the home?
I cannot see a thief breaking into a house and carrying a heavy safe out instead of smaller items like jewelry, phones, laptops/tablets ect.
It was obviously a gun safe so that reasonable suggests he thought guns were inside so did he break in the property purposely looking for guns. If so what made him think the home had any guns?

Lots of questions and I could go on all day long.
I do not see how LE could EVER make a statement that the community does not have to worry.
The only time I have seen LE say this is when they know who the suspect is and they know the victim was the only intended casualty.

All my own thoughts and rambling.

It does seem that atleast two people would of had to have carried the safe from the house?

It does seem that atleast two people would of had to have carried the safe from the house?
I'm really struggling with this. Have we seen any official information on specs of the safe? I don't know much about them, but it appears to not be something one could just grab & stuff in the car on the way out the door.

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

I'm really struggling with this. Have we seen any official information on specs of the safe? I Vdon't know much about them, but it appears to not be something one could just grab & stuff in the car on the way out the door.

I've not seen anything about the actual size of the Long's safe, that's what I've been waiting for to be released.
Even empty tHey can be heavy. The jade figurines can't to too light either with the amount shown in the photos LE has released.
I suppose it could be one stronger man but its still puzzling why nothing more easier to handle was took.

That brand safe is sold at Walmart, I'm sure probably other places as well, but if you go to Walmart.com and look it shows the safe, and the weights. They do come in different sizes and I don't know how many guns that particular one is suppose to hold, but it will give an idea of weights. Maggie may have been tortured to give the combination to open the safe. However, since it wasn't opened and just the contents removed, my guess the murdering thief took the safe because the murdering thief didn't have tools to open it. The ammunition probably weighed the most of what was taken. Those jade figurines, just by the photo it's difficult to gauge the size of them, however since so many of shown in one photo, they may be the small ones. I have some that aren't more than 3 inches tall. They don't weigh much. I would suspect that all the ones missing total little more than a pound.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Stack-On...ategy=PWVUB&visitor_id=Rc6pka9p-AwELx1AawRSfM

This particular safe is for 8 guns. In the comments/reviews it says it weighs over 300 lbs. One person is not likely to move it.

Further down is another comment/review that says a 50 yr old female was able to carry it up a flight of steps, and it was very lightweight.

So without knowing the exact safe, the weight varies greatly.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Stack-On...ategy=PWVUB&visitor_id=Rc6pka9p-AwELx1AawRSfM

This particular safe is for 8 guns. In the comments/reviews it says it weighs over 300 lbs. One person is not likely to move it.

Further down is another comment/review that says a 50 yr old female was able to carry it up a flight of steps, and it was very lightweight.

That's quite a range; thank you for looking it up.

Thankyou for taking the time to get all them links. So without actual measurements it hard to be sure of the weight but it COULD be possible for one person to carry it.

I don't have guns but I know by looking at that case that its a gun safe. Me personally, I would know guns are likely to be in it, but I don't think I would assume that there would be valuables in there.
If I took that safe I would be stealing it for the guns I assumed would be inside.
Did the suspect KNOW the guns were inside by prior knowledge of entering the house or was this a case of taking the safe because he had there but he went in the house with the purpose of killing Maggie?

This is my main question I keep going back to.
Was the suspect a burglar and Maggie got killed because she was there?
Was the suspect there for/with Maggie and then took the safe as an after thought?

Maggie wasn't supposed to be home...she only went home to pick up some supplies and food for the concession stand for the concert at the school that she had helped organize. I do not believe that whoever did this was after her specifically.

Its been four months since the death of Maggie yet no answers, no leads, and no suspects. Maggie deserves better.

Its been four months since the death of Maggie yet no answers, no leads, and no suspects. Maggie deserves better.
Absolutely she does! Maggie should be prom dress shopping and planning her graduation party right now.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I really don’t think that because we do not know anything more that LE has no leads. They wouldn’t let the public know if there was a suspect. IMO.
Maggie, her family, and her friends all deserve justice. I miss her whole family.
I continue to pray that the individuals who committed this heinous crime will screw up by bragging, or sell some of the items and get caught. Which is completely possible.

Does anyone know if Walter is back from his trip?

Does anyone know if Walter is back from his trip?

March 3, 2018 (see below).

What I wrote about the coroner Kintz was based on a direct conversation I had with him. I realize that what he told me seems to contradict other statements made in various media outlets, and by LE in Park County,

I stand by his statement, in the sense that he gave it to me. If he was lying or stretching the truth, I don't know at this point. Anything is possible.

Off topic a bit.

Yes, I will be in Europe and the Middle East, for a three week trip, leaving Feb. 9, returning March 3.

My part-time staff writer will be working full time in the editor's chair while I am gone.

He has instructions that the Long story is job one, if anything pops, he will get it on our web page as breaking news and follow up with more detail in the next weekly issue,

So I have tried to cover my bases the best I can while I take a little well-needed vacation.

And thank-you to everyone who has given me kudos. Normally in this business, when you upset someone, you hear about it, when you do a good job, no one lets you know.

I'm back, no new news, and I have not done any new articles.

Some newspapers like to keep the news cycle going artifically, by rehashing old information, not my style for running this paper.

That kind of rehashing just lets people down.

Of course, I'm keeping eyes/ears open for new info, but nothing yet.

One small thing I heard, don't know what it could mean, but vague enough not to be news right now.

Sorry I can't report back more info.

Hey there! Good to see you back!

Some newspapers like to keep the news cycle going artifically, by rehashing old information, not my style for running this paper.

One small thing I heard, don't know what it could mean, but vague enough not to be news right now.

Once again another month has passed and no new leads or suspects. I don't believe this crime was committed by some criminal master mind but LE seems to be totally stumped by this case. Maybe Walter might know if the national news media has taken interest in this crime such as the major tv networks in regards to magazine shows 20/20, Dateline, 48hours.

Removed as already realized some of the stuff hadn’t loaded when I originally read thread :-)

Glad you are back, safe and sound. Hope you enjoyed your vacation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Required