CO - Mass shooting at King Soopers, 10 fatalities including 1 LEO, Boulder, 22 Mar 2021 *arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am suggesting, ahead of the announcement identifying the shooter, that when they do, we only refer to him by initials. I was glad they did not name him at the press conference tonight. It is small solace that we don’t say his name, when 10 innocent people who died should be the ones remembered, along with those injured, and their families, and the community who have been deeply affected by this heinous crime. I hope you will join me in pledging to refrain from posting his name as much as possible. IMHO it is the least we can do in honor and respect of those who died today in this senseless act.

When l heard about a active shooter inside a King Soopers in Boulder, immediately l thought of my cousin’s husband, a sheriff with Boulder county. I believe he would’ve responded to the call. My understanding one officer was killed. I haven’t heard if he was injured. Five civilians were also shot and killed . This is so horrific for the victims and their families. My mother is from this small college town, included having my brother graduated from the university in Colorado in Boulder. I grow up feeling this was a safe town. Today l realize no place is safe, even in a small town like this.
What possessed a individual to killed so many? This loss of life from a madman. Breaks my heart!
Doused duckling rescue: Boulder police retrieve family of ducks from drainage ditch – Boulder Daily Camera

I found this article on Officer Talley...I think it paints a perfect picture of the person he was along with today’s events.
this brought me to tears. Thank you for finding this.

I am suggesting, ahead of the announcement identifying the shooter, that when they do, we only refer to him by initials. I was glad they did not name him at the press conference tonight. It is small solace that we don’t say his name, when 10 innocent people who died should be the ones remembered, along with those injured, and their families, and the community who have been deeply affected by this heinous crime. I hope you will join me in pledging to refrain from posting his name as much as possible. IMHO it is the least we can do in honor and respect of those who died today in this senseless act.
So much this.

Boulder shooting: Gunman kills 10, including police officer, at King Soopers

The workers and shoppers who survived the violent scene in the Front Range college town fled the store any way they could — if they couldn’t, they took shelter inside — as the shots echoed.

“It seemed like all of us had imagined we’d be in a situation like this at some point in our lives,” 57-year-old James Bentz said.​

I feel sick every time one of these happens. RIP to all victims and families. I am always devastated when I hear about LE arriving quickly to help protect others and then losing their lives due to these deranged cretins who commit these acts.

I just heard. Terrible, tragic, hits too close to home ... I have shopped at that store multiple times. RIP to all the victims. My thoughts are with them, the families, the first responders, and everyone touched by this tragedy. Hard to believe ... Another mass shooting in Colorado. :( :( :(

Police Chief Maris Harold spoke first, she was very emotional, catching her breath as she spoke about the toll of this horrific act.
10 dead, including Officer Eric Talley, 51, joined the Boulder PD in 2010.
He was the first officer on the scene.

They are still working to identify all the victims. How agonizing for the families who are waiting to hear. They will be working through the night to do this, and continue the investigation, with the full weight of local, state and federal authorities.

Next presser will be tomorrow morning, but BPD will tweet a picture of Officer Eric Talley who died in the line of duty today.

I feel so sorry for CO. So many mass shootings seem to happen there. And it’s such a beautiful state.

Why are there so many impotent, unstable men in our country who feel the need to vent their feelings of entitlement, rage and inadequacy by murdering innocent people?

Is this a result of our attitudes about masculinity and a national glorification of violence?

I feel sick every time one of these happens. RIP to all victims and families. I am always devastated when I hear about LE arriving quickly to help protect others and then losing their lives due to these deranged cretins who commit these acts.

It’s awful. They run toward death where everyone else runs from it.

YES!!!! Please. Please. I’m so sick of how society exalts these cowards by giving them so much attention. We all know the necessary information about him without knowing who the hell he is:

Anti-social loner.
Impotent.
Angry.
Hasn’t done too well with the ladies in his life.
Feels entitled to more recognition and credit than he deserves.
Cant handle feelings of rejection or shame or failure of any kind and/or believes in some sort of wacky conspiracy theory.

Knowing details about this human isn’t going to help anyone instead, it is going to fuel the next coward.

@book-thinker I watched the first press conference (pretty sure it's linked earlier in the thread, from the Boulder PD twitter site) and the question was asked about injuries and the answer was given that other than the fatalities, the only known injury was to the shooter himself.
Thank you for letting me know. A sad day for many. I had planned on flying to Denver this week for my godfathers funeral in Lafayette, Colorado it’s a 20 minute drive to Boulder. Afterwards, driving to Green Mountain Memorial park cemetery where my Grandmothers grave sets against the foothills, a two minute drive from the King Soopers where so many loss their lives from this monster. Have decided against it. This is a time of sorrow to victims and their families. I’m at a loss words: my heart goes out to this town

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChillThrills
Back