CO CO - Nathaniel Holmes, 17, Westminster, 19 December 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It strikes me that he went to the principal's office to ask for a specific student to be called out of class. Very bold. I can't imagine having done that in high school. What could he have needed to talk to the other student about?
Also I wonder why not go to his first class? Was there a student in that class he feared?
He seems like a nice and talented person. I hope he's safe somehow. I feel for his family and hope they get answers soon.

ETA: He's classified as endangered; has LE called in experts to check out his computer?

Last edited:
holmes_nathaniel_ap.jpg

Age-progression to age 20 (circa 2020)

Nathaniel James William Holmes – The Charley Project

Last updated October 25, 2021; age-progression added.
upload_2021-11-5_15-13-40.jpeg

Details of Disappearance
Nathaniel was last seen in Westminster, Colorado on December 19, 2017. His mother dropped him off at Hidden Lake High School that morning. He didn't attend classes that day, however.

He went to the principal's office and asked to speak to a friend, but the principal refused to call Nathaniel's friend out of class. After this he walked out of the school. He called his mother and said he was going with a friend of his father's and he didn't need to be picked up. He never contacted his family again.

Nathaniel was using drugs at the time of his disappearance, and investigators believe he left of his own accord. His family is concerned for his well-being, however, as his disappearance is completely out of character. Prior to his disappearance, he didn't even spend the night at friends' houses. He left his belongings behind, including his iPad.

When Nathaniel was eight years old, his parents divorced, and his father got custody of him and his siblings. The family traveled extensively, including to Canada, Mexico, Scotland, the Virgin Islands, and Africa. Nathaniel enjoys playing the bagpipes, hunting, and playing the game World of Warcraft.

He began attending Hidden Lake High School just five weeks prior to his disappearance; before then, he was enrolled in an online high school program. His case remains unsolved.

Trying to find more updated information on his case- and nothing seems to be happening. And sadly, the more time goes on, the more the running away theory seems less and less likely.

Podcast ---> Episode 6: The Unsolved Disappearance of Nathaniel Holmes by Where are they?

******** set up by father to conduct drone searches -----> https://www.********.com/f/28hgaioudc

Arvada Father Plays Bagpipes At Sunset As Call To Missing Son

The Unsolved Disappearance of Nathaniel Holmes
His sister has stated it has been made a cold case. So that might be why there is no new informaion.

March 23, 2023 article -

[…]

“I do think he’s out there. I do think that he’s going to hear these messages, and if he doesn’t see it, I hope somebody would show him how much my family misses him and wants him home,” Hannah Holmes said.

Age progression photos show how Nathaniel might have aged in the years he’s been missing. Westminster police say they occasionally get tips or reports of possible sightings, but none have panned out.

[…]

This is sad and the information is sparse. I did see his episode on disappeared and hope it will gain more interest and spark some new leads or even 1, as it doesn’t seem there is even a lead. I’m not sure the dynamic as far as his relationship with both parents and it did not seem as if the mom believed the friends’ sighting but then again he even said himself he wasn’t sure if he saw him. So, imo there’s very little to no evidence of him since leaving school that day.

I’m conflicted with this case as I think anything is possible however without any creditable sightings, I believe self-harm is highly probable. I don’t really know about the drug debt angle. If it was only a few pills, I personally can’t see the threat being very high. Im sure it does happen but to me it feels more like he was at the end of his rope with his path he had chosen and like many of us did at that age, thought it was the end of the world when it wasn’t. Often we make things into bigger problems or think there’s no way out and realize later that all things eventually change (we’re still here anyway). Unfortunately we don’t all make it to the other side of our problems to learn that.

I do hope he is well and alive. I feel horrible for his family. If someone knows something, may they do the right thing and come forward. My fear is that no one knows besides Nathaniel himself.

This is sad and the information is sparse. I did see his episode on disappeared and hope it will gain more interest and spark some new leads or even 1, as it doesn’t seem there is even a lead. I’m not sure the dynamic as far as his relationship with both parents and it did not seem as if the mom believed the friends’ sighting but then again he even said himself he wasn’t sure if he saw him. So, imo there’s very little to no evidence of him since leaving school that day.

I’m conflicted with this case as I think anything is possible however without any creditable sightings, I believe self-harm is highly probable. I don’t really know about the drug debt angle. If it was only a few pills, I personally can’t see the threat being very high. Im sure it does happen but to me it feels more like he was at the end of his rope with his path he had chosen and like many of us did at that age, thought it was the end of the world when it wasn’t. Often we make things into bigger problems or think there’s no way out and realize later that all things eventually change (we’re still here anyway). Unfortunately we don’t all make it to the other side of our problems to learn that.

I do hope he is well and alive. I feel horrible for his family. If someone knows something, may they do the right thing and come forward. My fear is that no one knows besides Nathaniel himself.
This is one of not very many 5+ year missing cases where I would not be surprised if he was still alive.

I agree that self harm is the most likely scenario, but to me it’s more just “likely” than “highly probable”. If that is the case, I don’t think he’s in the immediate area of the school. I live a couple miles from there and there really aren’t many places in the area he could be and not have been found by now.

Also it’s pretty common knowledge around here that if you’re homeless, generally the further you get from Denver the easier life is going to be. Since it sounds like he’s at least somewhat dialed in to those kinds of things, if I were trying to find him I’d be checking out the homeless communities in Boulder and Longmont.

It strikes me that he went to the principal's office to ask for a specific student to be called out of class. Very bold. I can't imagine having done that in high school. What could he have needed to talk to the other student about?
Also I wonder why not go to his first class? Was there a student in that class he feared?
He seems like a nice and talented person. I hope he's safe somehow. I feel for his family and hope they get answers soon.

ETA: He's classified as endangered; has LE called in experts to check out his computer?
So... after watching the new episode of Disappeared featuring Nathaniel today... I wonder if it had something to do with the pills his mom had confiscated from him the night before. Maybe he thought if he talked to this kid IN school, the kid couldn't hurt/attack him? I don't know.

I wish I could give him a giant hug. It killed me listening to his friend describe how Nate would call him crying and asking him how to stop doing drugs, and how he'd be intent on stopping then think "life sucks anyway so why not". My heart just aches for this kid.

This is one of not very many 5+ year missing cases where I would not be surprised if he was still alive.

I agree that self harm is the most likely scenario, but to me it’s more just “likely” than “highly probable”. If that is the case, I don’t think he’s in the immediate area of the school. I live a couple miles from there and there really aren’t many places in the area he could be and not have been found by now.

Also it’s pretty common knowledge around here that if you’re homeless, generally the further you get from Denver the easier life is going to be. Since it sounds like he’s at least somewhat dialed in to those kinds of things, if I were trying to find him I’d be checking out the homeless communities in Boulder and Longmont.
Thank you for the info about the area. It’s always hard to decide when you know little about the area. I’ve been to Colorado but not spent a whole lot of time there and in general, anywhere seems much easier to hide and not be found than where I am. Out of curiosity, is it common for the homeless or transient population to go a long time without having a cell phone out there? I know it sounds like a dumb question but I have worked with a lot of homeless around here and I’d say a big majority of them have cell service even if it is inconsistent. Of course that is with the younger population mostly. I suppose if you don’t want found, no cell is a good way to stay unfound.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oma-of-9
Back