Identified! CO - Park Co., WhtMale UP16790, 30-60, on hillside, Feb'74 - Anthony John Armbrust

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Just FYI, a couple news outlets are confused and have used a a photo of Armbrust and his first wife in their articles. This below is the actual photo of Armbrust and Renee, his second wife, according to what was said at the press conference. The photo is clipped but in the full version of the photo you can see she's wearing a wedding ring:

Man found dead in Colorado mountains in 1974 is identified

Wow, interesting. It seems like they would have been reported missing. I wonder if reports just got lost along the way. Hopefully Renee can be found!

Wow, interesting. It seems like they would have been reported missing. I wonder if reports just got lost along the way. Hopefully Renee can be found!
I was wondering the same, but according to the press release of Park County Coroner office they were never reported missing. May be they were estranged from their families. According to the family tree his mother was still alive in 1973.

Photo snipped from above article.

Just FYI, a couple news outlets are confused and have used a a photo of Armbrust and his first wife in their articles. This below is the actual photo of Armbrust and Renee, his second wife, according to what was said at the press conference. The photo is clipped but in the full version of the photo you can see she's wearing a wedding ring:

Man found dead in Colorado mountains in 1974 is identified

I don't think they are confused. They used photos available provided by family members and there are no photos of missing 2nd wife Renee Niles available.

Woman on the photo I believe is his daughter. Quoted from that news article - Anthony John Armbrust, left, with a family member.

How DNA Doe Project traced his identity by building his family tree. Posted on official police fb page - Park County Coroners Office

Family Tree created by DNA Doe Project when they searched for his identity. It seems DNA led them to his extended maternal side of the family which led them to his identity and confirmed by DNA testing than by close relative (cousin) from paternal side.

122364578_197970485073398_8509384250011537604_o.jpg

(click on image to enlarge)

I don't think they are confused. They used photos available provided by family members and there are no photos of missing 2nd wife Renee Niles available.

Woman on the photo I believe is his daughter. Quoted from that news article - Anthony John Armbrust, left, with a family member.

I got the information about the young woman in that photo with him being Renee straight from the press conference. Watch the press conference at the time stamp 33:30 and after talking at length about Renee, a DDP volunteer said "and that's a picture of Renee," gesturing to that picture, the only picture on the white board, and the coroner echoed "that's a picture of John and Renee soon before the disappearance." So unless they misspoke, it is definitely a picture of Armbrust and his second wife, Renee.

Last edited:
I got the information about the young woman in that photo with him being Renee straight from the press conference. Watch the press conference at the time stamp 33:30 and after talking at length about Renee, a DDP volunteer said "and that's a picture of Renee," gesturing to that picture, the only picture on the white board, and the coroner echoed "that's a picture of John and Renee soon before the disappearance" and the other DDP volunteer nodded and gestured as well. So unless they misspoke, it is definitely a picture of Armbrust and his second wife, Renee.

Thank You, I stay corrected. That would clear all the news mess up and great that there is actually existing photo of Renee.

I saw a friend of Renee's relative posting on Facebook.
Hopefully LE will prepare an MP report for her and DNA can be collected from family.
There are several possible unidentifieds on Namus, this one being the closest to Grant:
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Odd story.
Was he ill or not? Why did they think it was a suicide pact?

Also, congratulations to the adoptee and to DDP who found their birth family!

Hopefully LE will prepare an MP report for her and DNA can be collected from family.
There are several possible unidentifieds on Namus, this one being the closest to Grant:
Odd story.

The Coroner mentioned that this case in particular has baffled them

How DNA Doe Project traced his identity by building his family tree. Posted on official police fb page - Park County Coroners Office

Family Tree created by DNA Doe Project when they searched for his identity. It seems DNA led them to his extended maternal side of the family which led them to his identity and confirmed by DNA testing than by close relative (cousin) from paternal side.

Unfortunately, the above image is NOT the official DNADoeProject image of the tree. As you can imagine, we have many drafts just like any organiz

Unfortunately, the above image is NOT the official DNADoeProject image of the tree. As you can imagine, we have many drafts just like any organization might prior to a press release. I will contact the Park County Coroner's office and ask them to update the image.

Attachments

• ddp with pic.pdf
    279.8 KB · Views: 14
Odd story.

Namus for that individual is down, maybe it was Renee?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherlockDuck
Back