CO - Possible Serial Shooter Has Colorado Drivers on Edge #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever he does on the weekends I don't think he gets any joy from it. Working a job he hates? Weekends in jail? Taking care of an elderly person? Something he feels "stuck" with, or trapped into. Something he feels isn't giving him the recognition he deserves. He doesn't like being an unimportant, underling. I think this guy is more angry than looney like Berkowitz. Of course I may be totally wrong. Lol

Good work, FindHG.. This perp is very confident and brazen..

The incident on I-25 south 04/27/2015 may be very significant, imo; 'A Longmont Police Officer in a narcotics pickup truck reported the rear passenger window shattering'.

There was also a jail van window shattered. 4/21 or 4/22 I think.

Awww, thanks for the kind words you guys! I may not be great with maps, or jumping into the mind of a self important lunatic, but Sugar makes a mean, custom cake! Lol it's all good.

'Count me on the cake, Sugar, but I really luv Pie'..

Well, Foxfire, I watched that and I can't figure out what you're referring to. Lol. It's so tough to try to wrap my head around these things. The problem I keep having is that it's impossible to know exactly which incidents are related and which are not. I do think a lot of the window shatterings, especially those on I-25 are related to the injury and killing(s). But not all. So, to figure a pattern you have to figure out which to filter out, and that's a mess. I do disagree with you a bit on the criticism of LE for not releasing more info. It may be that they don't have anything to release. But I actually do think they know something. I think they have at least two clear and distinct pieces of evidence about the shooter. They may feel that disclosing too much right now will actually tip off the shooter more than help the LE and the public. A smart killer (and many serial killers are very intelligent) is checking social media and maybe even Websleuths. So I think you and I and many others, are very much like the police, and are nervous about how much to discuss in the open. But, I will say this: almost immediately after the Windsor killing, the FBI was involved. I wonder if the shooter(s) didn't leave an actual message at that scene.

<BBM for Focus>

PrairieWind the sign is 00:20 seconds into the Fox News 'CO Shooter' video--> http://video.foxnews.com/v/4276662506001/serial-killer-on-the-loose-in-colorado/?#sp=show-clips

Active during the week and inactve on the weekends?

Perp has a part time job in hotel/restaurant/retail that utilizes them during peak hours?

Perp has children and gets custody on the weekends?

Im sure we can come up with more reasons but thats all my brain is willing to do at the moment (havent fully woken up yet.)

Could be someone unemployed who lives with family or a partner who's home more on weekends?

I think the main idea is safety in numbers... The person seems to be targeting people who are alone. One person = no witness. Not gonna lie, I'm a little on edge.

Sarabean, I'm not sure that 'Safety in Numbers' would be an effective deterrent in this situation due to the rapid rate of escalation by the shooter. With each kill the shooter only builds confidence and will become even more brazened, possibly targeting multiple victims in a vehicle, imo..

Sarabean, I'm not sure that 'Safety in Numbers' would be an effective deterrent in this situation due to the rapid rate of escalation by the shooter. With each kill the shooter only builds confidence and will become even more brazened, imo..
I think the safety in numbers idea was based off the fact that so far the shooter has targeted people that were alone. But your point is valid; things are escalating and that may not matter any more.

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieWind View Post
Well, Foxfire, I watched that and I can't figure out what you're referring to. Lol. It's so tough to try to wrap my head around these things. The problem I keep having is that it's impossible to know exactly which incidents are related and which are not. I do think a lot of the window shatterings, especially those on I-25 are related to the injury and killing(s). But not all. So, to figure a pattern you have to figure out which to filter out, and that's a mess. I do disagree with you a bit on the criticism of LE for not releasing more info. It may be that they don't have anything to release. But I actually do think they know something. I think they have at least two clear and distinct pieces of evidence about the shooter. They may feel that disclosing too much right now will actually tip off the shooter more than help the LE and the public. A smart killer (and many serial killers are very intelligent) is checking social media and maybe even Websleuths. So I think you and I and many others, are very much like the police, and are nervous about how much to discuss in the open. But, I will say this: almost immediately after the Windsor killing, the FBI was involved. I wonder if the shooter(s) didn't leave an actual message at that scene.

<BBM for Focus>

PrairieWind, many, if not most serial investigations are solved due to an aware citizen's tip. Imo, investigators in this case are utilizing the very ineffective antiquated silence and misinformation investigative strategy, which only causes more innocent victim's lives lost and mounting cold cases.. . Realizing the value of awareness by the American public, F.B.I. director J. Edgar Hoover, began the &#8220;Ten Most Wanted Fugitives&#8221; program in March 1950; over 65 years ago..

The F.B.I. has been able to enlist the public's help in finding what it calls the most serious offenders. Of the 490 names that have appeared on the list since its inception, 460 have been apprehended, including 151 nabbed as a direct result of tips from the public. The Internet has made the list even more universal, since it can be seen all over the world in a matter of seconds.

PrairieWind, please consider the criticism of LE/investigators as constructive criticism.. Public Safety is very important to us all. On 01/03/2008; two days after new years day, about 7 years ago, near my home in the north GA mountains, I witnessed an elderly man, a young girl, and a white van in the nearby woods. Thought they were only campers..

A young 24 yr old hiker and her dog<Ella> had gone missing on Blood mountain; over 60 miles away. Via MS Media, LE had reported her as only being lost on the AT <Appalachian Trail>. On day two, LE knew that she put up a valiant fight, yet had been violently abducted and was endangered.
Meredith Hope Emerson was murdered and decapitated the next day after I witnessed them in the woods next to my home..

Dateline - The Mystery on Blood Mountain, Part 1

Hiker Meredith Emerson goes missing on Georgia's Blood Mountain on New Year's Day 2008. Law enforcement officers become concerned after finding a police baton with some her possessions on a trail. http://www.nbcnews.com/video/dateline/55844223

PrairieWind, the tragic results of the misinfo/silence in this case was the catalyst for years of researching serial predator investigations to determine the common denominators of those that were successful as opposed to those that went south.. The overwhelming number of successful serial murder investigations are very transparent and utilize all available investigative resources. Their most valuable investigative resource; 'The American Public'.. via MSM and social media.. jmho

Fox News 01/04/2008 - 911 call leading to the arrest of the Georgia Hiker murderer

[video=youtube;1C1XwTNKEMM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1C1XwTNKEMM[/video]

So I'm sitting here thinking I live in Pueblo now, no way would I know this person. I met him once at my friends house in Berthoud. My friend Dave and his ex Missy have been friends with Bill and Julie and Yelena for 33 years. I'm heartbroken for them all. RIP Bill.

:(

:grouphug:

They were able to collect surveillance footage from nearby businesses. Hopefully that leads to something. I also read somewhere something about them looking into a vehicle seen in the area.
A few people seem to have heard the gun go off.

This is all in msm. Sorry, too upset and exhausted to find and link.

Foxfire, I fully understand your desire for LE to release as much as possible. And I agree. Certainly in the situation that you were involved with it would have saved a life. I can't imagine how you must have felt after that tragedy. Heartbreaking.

Talking to locals, everyone seems to have different theories / insight. Re: the shattered windows, one military vet thinks the guy is using a hunting rifle from a distance, as far as 2 miles out. Lies in a wooded area, when he gets a glimmer/reflection of a windshield fires. Seems to thing he's not a great shot. This is why I want to go back to Footwarrior's old post(s) re: CR.

Another "gun guy" I talked to thinks he's using a pistol.

My brain is jello, can barely post.

I do plan to visit all the crime scenes sometime. Soon.

Our latest victim had 5 grandkids. Survived cancer. Only to be assassinated while walking down the street a block from his house.

He worked at Home Depot.

How many more stars and dots will Forager have to add before this is caught.

Foxfire, did you know Meredeth Emerson was from Longmont?

Yes, searchinGirl, but wasn't aware of Longmonts, COs' proximity to this case. Her parents flew in from Longmont, CO when she went missing and was sequestered at a cabin in Blairsville/Blood Mtn., GA, with a UCSO deputy who kept them updated of their daughter's missing person investigation. They later adopted MHE's black lab puppy; Ella, and took her back home to Lakemont, CO. I attend annual memorials for MHE and support the 'Right to hike org' established to keep her memory alive by insuring hiker safety by purchasing emergency solar/wireless phones for greenways, parks and trailheads . The last update was that Ella now weighs 80 pounds and is very spoiled, but doing fine.

Right To Hike, Inc.
http://www.righttohikeinc.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members