CO - Possible Serial Shooter Has Colorado Drivers on Edge #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://larimersheriff.org/press-release/task-force-update

Task Force Update

On June 25, 2015, at approximately 8:30 am, the task force evidence recovery team responded to the area of 18th Street and Chelsea Drive in Loveland to follow up on leads from tips they have received. As discussed earlier this week at the media briefing, late last week a person reported to the task force they were shot at in the area of Denver Avenue and East Eisenhower Boulevard. Task force investigators conducted canvasses and interviews of potential witnesses in that area. Today, the task force is continuing their investigation in the area.

Investigators will continue to follow up on leads and tips as they have been since this task force investigation began. To maintain the integrity of the investigation, details of these tips, leads, and evidence sought and/or recovered will not be released.

<snipped - read more>

Here's the spot (a green square in the upper right) cited in the Task Force's Update of earlier today. A red dot is in the lower left marks Bill Connole's murder.

Task force canvasses 6_25_15.png

Donna Sharp's vehicle was hit on the left side while she was northbound on I25 approaching the CO 14 exit. She indicated there were no other vehicles near her at the time. So where was the shooter?

Taking a shot from a vehicle moving south on I25 doesn't sound likely. Especially if only one person is involved. A vehicle parked on the shoulder of southbound I25 is also unlikely. The State Patrol will investigate and tag any vehicle stopped on the Interstate. A parked vehicle on the west side frontage road would not attract much attention.

I'm honestly very surprised this truck hasn't been found yet since it's so distinctive. I think it's possible that whoever described the truck made some mistakes. Or it's just the wrong car. I'm also pretty suspicious of the person who reported being shot at- they waited so long. They might be lying. Or they might be the shooter lol.

Anyway. In the Paul Bernardo/Karla Homolka case, police were hunting for the wrong car for a long time because the witness wasn't sure what kind it was. The police decided it sounded like a Camaro, so they spent all this time searching for a phantom Camaro. We could have a situation like this right here.

I'm honestly very surprised this truck hasn't been found yet since it's so distinctive. I think it's possible that whoever described the truck made some mistakes. Or it's just the wrong car. I'm also pretty suspicious of the person who reported being shot at- they waited so long. They might be lying. Or they might be the shooter lol.

Anyway. In the Paul Bernardo/Karla Homolka case, police were hunting for the wrong car for a long time because the witness wasn't sure what kind it was. The police decided it sounded like a Camaro, so they spent all this time searching for a phantom Camaro. We could have a situation like this right here.

Mrscg, the VOI sketch was prepared by a forensics sketch artist. They are not only talented artists, but also have the ability to pull locked up information from the witness.

I'm sure they're good at what they do- but they aren't mind readers. If the witness has convinced themselves of how they remember something, the artist isn't going to undo that memory. Eyewitness, as we know, are notoriously unreliable. I assume whoever saw this truck saw it in the dark as well. I just don't think this is the vehicle.

I'm sure they're good at what they do- but they aren't mind readers. If the witness has convinced themselves of how they remember something, the artist isn't going to undo that memory. Eyewitness, as we know, are notoriously unreliable. I assume whoever saw this truck saw it in the dark as well. I just don't think this is the vehicle.

Actually some forensic artists are virtual mind readers, mrscg.. Read my comment #13 about an experience that I had concerning a forensics artist; Diane Trepkov, at this websleuths thread:
GA - Raymond Lamar Green: Abducted, 6 days old, Atlanta, 6 Nov 1978
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Green-Abducted-6-days-old-Atlanta-6-Nov-1978

Was the truck actually faded orange of did it just look that color under sodium vapor street lights?

This also could be a red herring. A vehicle in the vicinity of the shooting but not involved. Remember when everyone was looking for a white van in the Washington sniper case?

I was looking at that Donna Sharpe incident. I know this area very well and I can't figure out where a shooter could have been. She was north bound, so it must have come from the west. But the west side of the interstate there has some "furniture row" stores there, lots of people. The parking lots i think are down a bit so there wouldnt be line of sight from there. So if there was a shooter, he would have had to either have been in a vehicle on the service road or on top of one of those buildings. That service road there is pretty busy, so that seems unlikely.

I was looking at that Donna Sharpe incident. I know this area very well and I can't figure out where a shooter could have been. She was north bound, so it must have come from the west. But the west side of the interstate there has some "furniture row" stores there, lots of people. The parking lots i think are down a bit so there wouldnt be line of sight from there. So if there was a shooter, he would have had to either have been in a vehicle on the service road or on top of one of those buildings. That service road there is pretty busy, so that seems unlikely.

Seems that the shooting incidents where the victim survived, with the limited information that we are privy to, were all near entrances/exits, and or access roads...

Yep. There are quite a few exits in that area, but I don't think its just a coincidence that the shootings are happening close to exits. Now, I guess i have to say I don't know exactly where Ms. Sharpe was when her car was hit. If it was just a bit further south, I think there is some open ground, but I am not sure there is line of sight to the interstate. I will have to look the next time I go by there.

On 6/23/15, Eric Ortiz of NBC News Denver did a piece in which he included the first public reporting on a 4/25/15 incident in which Donna Sharp's car was hit something that left a deep pock mark in the steel of her rear left door frame. Thru correspondence with the reporter, and with the victim's permission, I was able to get two additional photos and more precision on time and location, enabling me to map the incident.

The victim was driving north on I-25 just south of the exit for Hwy 14 (East Mulberry) in Ft. Collins at between 12:00 and 1:30 PM on Saturday afternoon, 4/25/15. "It was loud! I made a police report with Ft. Collins #15-3234." When she looked around, she didn't see any other car, but is convinced the quarter-inch dent came from a bullet and not random debris.

J98VrpGD4dKWbsMEsMlXuKcV7r4fBPlOrmyQxrG7fUo=w436-h410-no

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/J98VrpGD4dKWbsMEsMlXuKcV7r4fBPlOrmyQxrG7fUo=w436-h410-no

3HVAfGcuh5ngdpqkpAMzEUx15UPn6mvq-ZwiKDjQSk8=w969-h701-no

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/3HVAfGcuh5ngdpqkpAMzEUx15UPn6mvq-ZwiKDjQSk8=w969-h701-no

The incident is marked (for now) by a big yellow teardrop to make it stand out.

Map Link

View attachment 77094

Link to Ortiz' NBC piece:
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...y-shooter-release-pickup-truck-sketch-n380501

Yep. There are quite a few exits in that area, but I don't think its just a coincidence that the shootings are happening close to exits. Now, I guess i have to say I don't know exactly where Ms. Sharpe was when her car was hit. If it was just a bit further south, I think there is some open ground, but I am not sure there is line of sight to the interstate. I will have to look the next time I go by there.

<BBM for Focus>

Hope this helps, PrairieWind..

<info snipped from teardrop>

"right after seeing the interstate exit for the Colorado State University and for Hwy 14", per the driver, Donna Sharp. "I heard a loud ping beside my head, knew it was metal on metal.

The shooter may have parked somewhere in this area (Google Street View). Donna would have been heading north at around 75 mph. At that speed, the area I linked is only a few seconds south of the exit ramp for CO 14.

<BBM for Focus>

Hope this helps, PrairieWind..

<info snipped from teardrop>

"right after seeing the interstate exit for the Colorado State University and for Hwy 14", per the driver, Donna Sharp. "I heard a loud ping beside my head, knew it was metal on metal.

I'm just not sure what she means by "right after seeing the interstate exit for the CSU and Hwy 14." Is she referring to the sign for the exit, or the beginning of the off ramp? Maybe she can't be more precise than that. Could a shooter have been on top of one of those furniture outlets? Seems odd. But maybe he works for one, maybe he drives a truck for one and is on the interstate for his job a lot.

Bumping this June 6/2015 article>

Former FBI agent says northern Colorado shooting task force should engage public for tips
Ex-FBI agent Brad Garrett worked D.C. Sniper case

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...ting-task-force-should-engage-public-for-tips

DENVER - A former FBI agent who worked the Washington, D.C. sniper investigation believes a task force investigating a series of shootings in northern Colorado should engage the public for tips.

So far, the task force has been silent on details.

<snipped read more/video>

I'm just not sure what she means by "right after seeing the interstate exit for the CSU and Hwy 14." Is she referring to the sign for the exit, or the beginning of the off ramp? Maybe she can't be more precise than that. Could a shooter have been on top of one of those furniture outlets? Seems odd. But maybe he works for one, maybe he drives a truck for one and is on the interstate for his job a lot.

I believe that sequence of signs is just south of the Prospect Rd exit...this is confusing...but, both have overpasses...big wide-open overpasses...

I think you're right SearchinGirl, the CSU sign is before the Prospect exit, not the Mulberry exit. So she maybe has sort of compressed that area in her mind. So maybe her car was hit anywhere in between the Prospect and Mulberry exit. I was on both yesterday by the way. So, a shooter could have perhaps been located in that grassy, tree area between the trailer shop and the Motorcycle shop. He could be concealed there easily have escape either to the north or south as needed.

I think you're right SearchinGirl, the CSU sign is before the Prospect exit, not the Mulberry exit. So she maybe has sort of compressed that area in her mind. So maybe her car was hit anywhere in between the Prospect and Mulberry exit. I was on both yesterday by the way. So, a shooter could have perhaps been located in that grassy, tree area between the trailer shop and the Motorcycle shop. He could be concealed there easily have escape either to the north or south as needed.
now I'm turning around...wouldn't that be the east side going northbound not the west?

The Eurocycle/watercraft shop i was referring to is on the west side, just north of Prospect. To the north of it is some open land with grass/trees.

now I'm turning around...wouldn't that be the east side going northbound not the west?

The shot hit the left (drivers) side of a vehicle going north. That indicates the shooter was somewhere to the west of the vehicle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member