GUILTY CO - Possible Serial Shooter Has Colorado Drivers on Edge *Arrest* #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
no accident...our insurance wouldn't cover it anyway...

Wait a minute, are you saying that you think your car window was purposely targeted? By a gun?? BB? Rock? :eek: I know you mentioned the vehicle from the opposing traffic, but for some reason I thought you meant a rock flew off or something ("farm equipment") or got kicked up from the road...Sorry, a little under the weather and groggy today! Rewind, starting over!

It had to happen sooner or later...and there it was hitting my windshield...weird side-flying road debris...driving down County Line Road south of Longmont yesterday afternoon...it came from opposing traffic and happened so fast I can't say what kind of vehicle it was for sure that passed me... I think it was a pickup but it might have been hauling farm equipment because that's what I saw out my rearview......but this is the largest star I have encountered on my windshields in 39 years of living here...it was a loud pop and certainly scared me...and while the windshield didn't break I doubt it will hold up for very long...I've heard to squirt superglue into the hole...

View attachment 93939View attachment 93940View attachment 93941

4G, can you please map this for us when you get a chance? Tia!

searchinGirl - Are you saying you think someone threw something at your car? I hope that is not what happened, how scary!

I know where I'm from there are a lot of tractors everywhere and it's not uncommon to get your windshield cracked from the stray gravel they carry in all that mud. I hope it was an accident, even if your insurance begs to differ.

Wait a minute, are you saying that you think your car window was purposely targeted? By a gun?? BB? Rock? :eek: I know you mentioned the vehicle from the opposing traffic, but for some reason I thought you meant a rock flew off or something ("farm equipment") or got kicked up from the road...Sorry, a little under the weather and groggy today! Rewind, starting over!
You know I have trouble thnking I was targeted...I just don't see how that could be...but for some reason I feel like "low hanging fruit"... I wish I understood...I'm having trouble with visualizing the source of the projectile that hit my windshield ... Ok earth moving equipment on a trailer... Its tires aren't turning so, how could it throw off a rock in my direction...I was traveling approx 45 mph... As were they I suppose the open trailer the farm equip was carrying could have thrown a rock... It seemed like they were moving pretty fast for hauling farm equipment...faster than me... I have to say trying to recall sets things in slow motion but doesn't answer everything...or even anything for that matter...
the reason it wouldn't be covered under our insurance is because we have commercial coverage for construction sites where It's almost expected to happen around earth moving operations ... Normal maintenance...seems once was a time that replacing a windshield justified the cost of the premium...that time is no more...

it all happened at once...the noise and the hit... it sounded like a shot and definitely shook me a little...but I'm proud to say I didn't flinch...the thing is it was all over before I could do anything about it...had the windshield shattered I would have had to pull over but I think I could have done that...have there been many front windshields shattered?... seems like most of them were rear or side that actually shattered?...

Jeeze, Searchingirl, the "which window" thing is half of our argument that the shatterings are deliberate. I thought we'd beaten it to death. Anyway, just to make sure we have, here are the numbers:

Of the unexplained 2015 window shatterings in NOCO, only 19% involved windshields. And of the 35 shatterings, 23 were on I-25 - almost double the 12 reported for all other NoCO roads and highways combined.

Screenshot 2016-05-07 at 12.25.09 AM.png

It had to happen sooner or later...and there it was hitting my windshield...weird side-flying road debris...driving down County Line Road south of Longmont yesterday afternoon...it came from opposing traffic and happened so fast I can't say what kind of vehicle it was for sure that passed me... I think it was a pickup but it might have been hauling farm equipment because that's what I saw out my rearview......but this is the largest star I have encountered on my windshields in 39 years of living here...it was a loud pop and certainly scared me...and while the windshield didn't break I doubt it will hold up for very long...I've heard to squirt superglue into the hole...

margarita25
4G, can you please map this for us when you get a chance? Tia!

Should I map it?

All SearchinGirl offered on location was "County Line Road south of Longmont" - anywhere along dozens of miles of road. I'd assumed that she put it that way to keep things a little general anonymous, which I can understand.

And there's the question of whether we think this is an "unexplained" (and thus potentially deliberate) shattering. I'm not hearing that from her so far, I don't think. The window shatterings that we have focused on are ones that have made the press and and typically involve some combination of on I-25, side/sun/read window, and bad damage. Which isn't to say that her incident wasn't deliberate, or that I wouldn't be happy to map it if she thinks I should.

Should I map it?

All SearchinGirl offered on location was "County Line Road south of Longmont" - anywhere along dozens of miles of road. I'd assumed that she put it that way to keep things a little general anonymous, which I can understand.

And there's the question of whether we think this is an "unexplained" (and thus potentially deliberate) shattering. I'm not hearing that from her so far, I don't think. The window shatterings that we have focused on are ones that have made the press and and typically involve some combination of on I-25, side/sun/read window, and bad damage. Which isn't to say that her incident wasn't deliberate, or that I wouldn't be happy to map it if she thinks I should.

Makes sense, Forager! :wave:

You know I have trouble thnking I was targeted...I just don't see how that could be...but for some reason I feel like "low hanging fruit"... I wish I understood...I'm having trouble with visualizing the source of the projectile that hit my windshield ... Ok earth moving equipment on a trailer... Its tires aren't turning so, how could it throw off a rock in my direction...I was traveling approx 45 mph... As were they I suppose the open trailer the farm equip was carrying could have thrown a rock... It seemed like they were moving pretty fast for hauling farm equipment...faster than me... I have to say trying to recall sets things in slow motion but doesn't answer everything...or even anything for that matter...
the reason it wouldn't be covered under our insurance is because we have commercial coverage for construction sites where It's almost expected to happen around earth moving operations ... Normal maintenance...seems once was a time that replacing a windshield justified the cost of the premium...that time is no more...

(Just to clarify, I didn't mean you targeted specifically, as a person, I meant do you think that this was an intentional act...oddly, iirc, we discussed farm equipment/trailers upstream..)

I'm not sure if this was posted already? Surely it was...I'm not remembering this part about the bullet on the seat, anyone? (Things are all starting to run together now with the lapse of time; sorry if this is a repost!)

Vehicle window reported shattered in Arapahoe County
POSTED 1:00 PM, FEBRUARY 14, 2016

"The driver’s father discovered what he thought was a bullet in the passenger seat after the driver took himself to the hospital for cuts on the left side of his face.

The male driver said the window shattered along Arapahoe Road near South Potomac Street."

http://kdvr.com/2016/02/14/another-window-shattered-possible-bullet-in-passenger-seat/

*the above link says this was reported on a Saturday just after 11am.

attachment.php

Source: Northern Colorado Shooting Task Force
http://www.facebook.com/Northern-Colorado-Shooting-Task-Force-898627956871939/

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-05-07-01-08-44.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-05-07-01-08-44.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 98
Should I map it?

Don't map it...the biggest takeaway this has for me is how impossible this situation is to reconstruct...no wonder the police won't commit to ever saying what happened...how can they?

I'm not sure if this was posted already? Surely it was...I'm not remembering this part about the bullet on the seat, anyone? (Things are all starting to run together now with the lapse of time; sorry if this is a repost!)

Vehicle window reported shattered in Arapahoe County
POSTED 1:00 PM, FEBRUARY 14, 2016

"The driver’s father discovered what he thought was a bullet in the passenger seat after the driver took himself to the hospital for cuts on the left side of his face.

The male driver said the window shattered along Arapahoe Road near South Potomac Street."

http://kdvr.com/2016/02/14/another-window-shattered-possible-bullet-in-passenger-seat/

*the above link says this was reported on a Saturday just after 11am.

I remember mapping that one, but didn't post about it. The actual and apparent on-road attacks that have been happening around Centential (such as this one) and Aurora seem to involve a grab bag of different weapons and circumstances. They get short shrift for initial reporting, and never any follow up. I haven't seen anyone even speculate that they might be linked to one another. I sometimes wonder whether fretting about difficult-to-solve on-road attacks is a luxury that only the better funded Press and LE of upscale communities can afford.

Foxfire had lamented earlier that we don't have a profile of the NoCO shooter. A friend with a knack for sussing situations out (but not a trained profiler) offered this one:

Early 20s, a loner who had done a stint in the military, perhaps in the Special Forces, but who screwed up and was discharged. Psychotic symptoms resulting from a post traumatic stress disorder, including the belief that he is on a mission and that he is receiving instructions from voices in his head. Probably diagnosed, but off his meds. Difficulty functioning. Living with his parents, and his family very worried about him. Ritualistic. Highly covert.

What are your thoughts on this case 1 year later, Footwarrior, if I may ask? You keep such a low profile around here, but I see you live in Ft Collins, and I know you've been here since Day 1! :) What are your ideas as a local one year later, as far as geographics, potential profile, etc, especially after the latest PC?

The fact that the shootings stopped may be the most important clue to the shooters identity. Perhaps the culprit was incarcerated for another crime?

The PC didn't add much to what we already know. Unless the shooting start again, this case may never be solved.

Foxfire had lamented earlier that we don't have a profile of the NoCO shooter. A friend with a knack for sussing situations out (but not a trained profiler) offered this one:

Early 20s, a loner who had done a stint in the military, perhaps in the Special Forces, but who screwed up and was discharged. Psychotic symptoms resulting from a post traumatic stress disorder, including the belief that he is on a mission and that he is receiving instructions from voices in his head. Probably diagnosed, but off his meds. Difficulty functioning. Living with his parents, and his family very worried about him. Ritualistic. Highly covert.

Thanks everyone for keeping the thread updated. Its been awhile since I have visited. Glad to be back reading through the recent posts.

This post is a good stab at a possible profile.

The profile almost sounds like the guy that killed his grandparents with an axe in California but lived in Colorado around time of earlier car window shatterings. But if any of the more recent incidents are tied to any of the old incidents then we would have to outrule him. Or maybe he was doing just some of them at the time he was roaming around before he got arrested.

Lets hope he is still behind bars. He seemed like a possible candidate for some of the shootings.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...andparents-calif-home-ax-da-article-1.2284489

I'd somehow skipped over this great post of yours, Mags, from 4/27 (just after the presser) , and only just noticed it. I've responds with my comments in [italicised brackets] amidst your original post:

Originally Posted by Margarita25:

Alright, all nighter, took a bunch of still shots from the surveillance videos and will post later, need to get some shut eye before work. SearchinGirl asked about the black spots...was also looking to see if I could make out more than one person in the vehicle, I think I do but it could be my eyes playing tricks on me, really hard to tell. [___ Yes! The mind will fill in details for you that aren't necessairly there. But getting a change to let the overall scene sink in is valuable. ___] )

Eta: I'll go ahead and just post the stills now. [__I liked those big pictures, ty! ___] These are 2nd/3rd generation from the TV from the presser video, Haven't gotten to the original clips yet, but wanted to start with the presser shots. I see SugarQueen also posted a still upstream.

Random thoughts:

Interesting how we have 3 pairs of linked shootings, but none that can be linked to each other yet forensically. The 2 different vehicles are also interesting. All a part of the careful planning, if all incidents are connected? [___I do think that more of the incidents are probably co-authored than the evidence yet shows, but I don't think we're necessarily seeing careful planning, at least not among the Romero / Jacoby / Biker / Cannole or building shootings. They may have been carefully planned, but I think that a little luck and a little tactical common sense could get you thru those kinds of attacks without leaving much in the way of evidence. The window shatterings are another matter. There have been so many, and so little evidence exposed that they have to have been carefully planned by someone with focus.___]

We always knew a connection to the Banner Health and Elementary School shootings were likely. Much upstream on that including photos.

Yes, Forager, Foxfire is indeed applauding LE's decision to utilize the public and social media. I'm really loving all their visuals. Also look forward to keeping up with the comments on the page (yes, Forager, who knew these guys had a fb page lol). [___I'm telling you - wa' can I say?___]

They basically said in the presser they will keep investigating and will not disband the Task Force.

My opinion Re the shatterings is that just because they have not been able to link any of them yet, it does not mean they are not necessarily connected. [___Yes! It's like point shaving in basketball. You may not be able to know for sure that any particular incident was a deliberate attack, but taken together, the statistics strongly suggest that something deliberate is going on. ___]

In the presser they stated that they do think they will solve this case, with the help of the public. They've analyzed, collected evidence and now turn to the public. [__ It would be interesting to know if the briefing was followed by a bump in tips. ___]

I am still tripping out about Connolle being shot from a vehicle with a shotgun at close range. I think we discussed this possibility upstream.

Re: the Mini Cooper, I wonder how many of those are registered in this area, surely they would have all been checked out, there must be so many of those vehicles.

Again, I think there is some stuff in the Presser, Q and A, worthy of discussion but not yet specifically mentioned in msm that I'm seeing.

I wonder if NS is one of the 12 POIs they mention. [__ Yes, for my guess - at least at first for a little while, until they figured out what his story was. I don't think we ever learned enough about him to exclude him as a suspect. __]

I still keep thinking about the incident posted way upstream Re the person who saw 2 people in the (white truck iirc?) And one hung their head out the window and pointed a gun. [___ That one is an outlier in location and style. I'm guessing that for a one off by somebody else and their drinking buddy - not the I-25 shatterer, but the naturally occurring human equivalent of road debris.__]

I want to crosscheck the recently released routes of travel with some of the brainstorming on the travel routes posted way upstream.

Per the presser, they don't know if they are dealing with single or multiple suspects. [__ My money's on multiple, with the shatterer(s) separate from the off-highway shooter(s). __]

The surveillance videos have been enhanced.

:offtobed

I'd somehow skipped over this great post of yours, Mags, from 4/27 (just after the presser) , and only just noticed it. I've responds with my comments in [italicised brackets] amidst your original post:

Originally Posted by Margarita25:

Alright, all nighter, took a bunch of still shots from the surveillance videos and will post later, need to get some shut eye before work. SearchinGirl asked about the black spots...was also looking to see if I could make out more than one person in the vehicle, I think I do but it could be my eyes playing tricks on me, really hard to tell. [___ Yes! The mind will fill in details for you that aren't necessairly there. But getting a change to let the overall scene sink in is valuable. ___] )

Eta: I'll go ahead and just post the stills now. [__I liked those big pictures, ty! ___] These are 2nd/3rd generation from the TV from the presser video, Haven't gotten to the original clips yet, but wanted to start with the presser shots. I see SugarQueen also posted a still upstream.

Random thoughts:

Interesting how we have 3 pairs of linked shootings, but none that can be linked to each other yet forensically. The 2 different vehicles are also interesting. All a part of the careful planning, if all incidents are connected? [___I do think that more of the incidents are probably co-authored than the evidence yet shows, but I don't think we're necessarily seeing careful planning, at least not among the Romero / Jacoby / Biker / Cannole or building shootings. They may have been carefully planned, but I think that a little luck and a little tactical common sense could get you thru those kinds of attacks without leaving much in the way of evidence. The window shatterings are another matter. There have been so many, and so little evidence exposed that they have to have been carefully planned by someone with focus.___]

We always knew a connection to the Banner Health and Elementary School shootings were likely. Much upstream on that including photos.

Yes, Forager, Foxfire is indeed applauding LE's decision to utilize the public and social media. I'm really loving all their visuals. Also look forward to keeping up with the comments on the page (yes, Forager, who knew these guys had a fb page lol). [___I'm telling you - wa' can I say?___]

They basically said in the presser they will keep investigating and will not disband the Task Force.

My opinion Re the shatterings is that just because they have not been able to link any of them yet, it does not mean they are not necessarily connected. [___Yes! It's like point shaving in basketball. You may not be able to know for sure that any particular incident was a deliberate attack, but taken together, the statistics strongly suggest that something deliberate is going on. ___]

In the presser they stated that they do think they will solve this case, with the help of the public. They've analyzed, collected evidence and now turn to the public. [__ It would be interesting to know if the briefing was followed by a bump in tips. ___]

I am still tripping out about Connolle being shot from a vehicle with a shotgun at close range. I think we discussed this possibility upstream.

Re: the Mini Cooper, I wonder how many of those are registered in this area, surely they would have all been checked out, there must be so many of those vehicles.

Again, I think there is some stuff in the Presser, Q and A, worthy of discussion but not yet specifically mentioned in msm that I'm seeing.

I wonder if NS is one of the 12 POIs they mention. [__ Yes, for my guess - at least at first for a little while, until they figured out what his story was. I don't think we ever learned enough about him to exclude him as a suspect. __]

I still keep thinking about the incident posted way upstream Re the person who saw 2 people in the (white truck iirc?) And one hung their head out the window and pointed a gun. [___ That one is an outlier in location and style. I'm guessing that for a one off by somebody else and their drinking buddy - not the I-25 shatterer, but the naturally occurring human equivalent of road debris.__]

I want to crosscheck the recently released routes of travel with some of the brainstorming on the travel routes posted way upstream.

Per the presser, they don't know if they are dealing with single or multiple suspects. [__ My money's on multiple, with the shatterer(s) separate from the off-highway shooter(s). __]

The surveillance videos have been enhanced.

:offtobed

Hey Forager, it seems they have received more tips, see post 271.

My question to you guys, how many 2 door red mini coopers with black tops are produced ever year, etc? Just wondering bc I saw one the other day parked and I took a picture of it, but I'm not sure if that even matters, there must be so many, so there must be another reason (say suspicious behavior, etc) to warrant calling it in imo. FTR I've seen many other red mini coopers since the PC, but they were all either 4 door or white top. Same thing with the truck, I've seen some that "coooooould be the truck", after a paintjob, but again I don't feel right calling LE about every truck that cooouuuuulllld be the truck unless there is something else that warrants a call. The truck is likely ditched anyway, but I am keeping my eyes out here 24/7. I guess what I'm trying to say is I think one needs more than just "I see a red 2 door mini cooper with a black top, or I see an old truck that could have been painted", to warrant calling it in.

rsbm
Unless the shooting start again, this case may never be solved.

Or unless someone talks (spouse, girlfriend, friend, family member, etc.). I see on these TV crime shows that sometimes people aware of such crimes come forward years later. Or the perp brags about it in a bar, etc (I find this second scenario less likely).

Again the PC was great, but I was hoping for some TV coverage.

rsbm

Yes, it is also like in mp cases when sometimes LE says "there is nothing that indicates foul play at this time" or like in child murder cases where they say "there is no evidence of sexual assault"...it doesn't mean it didn't necessarily happen, just means they can't prove it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MairinAmaliah
Back