GUILTY CO - Pregnant woman, 26, stabbed, fetus cut from womb died, Longmont, 18 March 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
John Bear ‏@johnbearwithme 2m2 minutes ago
Defense says Lane acted way too casual on March 18 to be someone planning a fetal abduction: slept late, talked on phone long time, etc.

John Bear ‏@johnbearwithme 17m17 minutes ago
Defense is pushing "hasty, impulsive and reckless" as part of its closings.

John Bear ‏@johnbearwithme 18m18 minutes ago
"They move into the kitchen. Why didn’t she stab her there? Why not hit her with a pot? It’s be easier to clean up in the kitchen."

Lauren DiSpirito ‏@CBS4Lauren 8m8 minutes ago
DA Stan Garnett delivering a rebuttal: "your determination of the truth of the facts of this case" is so important #DynelLane @CBSDenver

John Bear ‏@johnbearwithme 14m14 minutes ago
DA Stan Garnett will deliver final comments to jury, which will go deliberate after.

John Bear ‏@johnbearwithme 5m5 minutes ago
Garnett disputes that Lane acted reckless. He says reckless is "a bad car accident" or "running with
scissors.
John Bear ‏@johnbearwithme 4m4 minutes ago
"She intentionally, deliberately cut Michelle Wilkins. to kill her and take her baby. That’s what the truth is," Garnett said.

Just because a crime scene was bloody and messy doesn’t mean it wasn’t intentional," Garnett said....

... First degree attempted murder is a bloody, messy business," Garnett said.

John Bear ‏@johnbearwithme 55s55 seconds ago
"This defendant was extremely good at keeping secrets at keeping her intent secret from everyone around her, Garnett said.

John Bear ‏@johnbearwithme 34s35 seconds ago
Attorneys have wrapped up closing remarks. They are at a bench conference right now. Case should go to jury shortly.

John Bear ‏@johnbearwithme 47s48 seconds ago
Judge is sending four alternates to separate room, three women, one man.

Lauren DiSpirito ‏@CBS4Lauren 2m2 minutes ago
Packed courtroom for closings, defendant Dynel Lane motionless so far this morning. #DynelLane @CBSDenver

John Bear ‏@johnbearwithme 4m4 minutes ago
It's all up to the jury now. Closing remarks and jury instructions took about two hours this morning.

John Bear ‏@johnbearwithme 5m5 minutes ago
For a packed courtroom, it cleared out like it was on fire as soon as the judge allowed people to get up and leave.

Lauren DiSpirito ‏@CBS4Lauren 2m2 minutes ago
Jury is now deliberating in #DynelLaneTrial @CBSDenver #DynelLane

I did not think it would take this long, however, I rather the jury go over erverything and be sure.

Lauren DiSpirito ‏@CBS4Lauren 32s33 seconds ago
Verdict: Lane guilty of attempted first degree murder #DynelLane #DynelLaneTrial @CBSdenver

Does anyone know what the max sentence she can get? TY

That didn't take very long, now let's all hope for an appropriate sentence for this crime.

I'm just catching up with this on YouTube,at what point when she was making up this story did she stop and think...yeah people are 100% going to believe this.

I was in tears listening to the 911 call,I just hope that the appropriate sentence is handed down for this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for this update, KayElJay. I truly hope the sentence will be reflective of how absolutely heinous and brutal this crime was! Especially in light of the fact that current law did not allow for a murder of the unborn child :no:
[...]
Lane wasn't charged with murder in the death of the baby. Colorado lawmakers have rejected proposals to make the violent death of a fetus a homicide for fear such a law would be used to restrict abortions.
[...]

Both mother and child deserve justice, IMVHO. That said, this convicted felon does not deserve to ever walk free again. :cow: Therefore, the sentence should be harsh enough to ensure that there is never a viable chance at parole. May this be the outcome later today. :judge:

:candle:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kzrrz