GUILTY CO - Riley Whitelaw, 17, found fatally stabbed at Walgreens, Colorado Springs, June 2022 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I know we think this whole thing is wrong on so many levels, but here's another level:

"A customer who was shopping in that Walgreens on Saturday told police she heard a woman screaming at about 5:45 p.m. She said she also thought she heard the sound of stalls slamming, but unsure of what she really heard, she left.

That customer said when she drove by later and, seeing patrol officers there, stopped to tell them about what she'd heard."

So a shopper hears a woman screaming and a commotion and just leaves the store?? Doesn't think to call the police and get it checked out, or even to inform a worker at the store?

Quote is from this article: ‘Blood everywhere': Details on Walgreens murder scene

This part especially burnt my biscuits:

"Manager Justin Zunino said Whitelaw had complained about Johnson last year. She said Johnson had made advances toward her and it made her feel uncomfortable, according to court documents. Zunino reported he’d told Johnson to “keep things professional,” and said Johnson “appeared to be receptive.”

Still, Zunino told police, Whitelaw had asked to work a different schedule just a few weeks ago, again, telling her manager Johnson made her feel uncomfortable. However, Whitelaw asked for additional hours – which, Zunino said required that she’d work with Johnson. Zunino said Whitelaw was told that would happen."

So Whitelaw's male manager told Whitelaw, the employee who had NOT had a complaint made against her, that there was no other way to accommodate her request for extra hours without having her work at the same time as Johnson. Of course there was a way to avoid that--FIRE the employee who's had a complaint made against him! But, the manager may have reasoned, that would not be fair to Johnson, who'd "seemed receptive" when his male manager told him to "keep it professional" (which, IMO, is a far cry from saying to Johnson, "Knock it the h**l off with the sexual harassment or find another job").

The manager seems to have decided that, if Whitelaw wanted the extra shifts that badly, she would just have to tolerate Johnson's sexual harassment. One can't go firing an employee just on the grounds of ONE female employee making a complaint about him, right?
And let’s not even talk about her being underage and this low life being 28. <modsnip> I hope her family sues walgreens. This absolutely should not have happened.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know we think this whole thing is wrong on so many levels, but here's another level:

"A customer who was shopping in that Walgreens on Saturday told police she heard a woman screaming at about 5:45 p.m. She said she also thought she heard the sound of stalls slamming, but unsure of what she really heard, she left.

That customer said when she drove by later and, seeing patrol officers there, stopped to tell them about what she'd heard."

So a shopper hears a woman screaming and a commotion and just leaves the store?? Doesn't think to call the police and get it checked out, or even to inform a worker at the store?

Quote is from this article: ‘Blood everywhere': Details on Walgreens murder scene
She actually purchased her items before leaving so I don’t know why she didn’t at least mention it. I apologize for leaving the link to this info out of a previous post. I incorrectly thought I had read it in the linked article I was replying to. Here it is:

Elisha Schwenke, a customer at Walgreens at 5:44 p.m., said she was in the deodorant aisle and heard a female screaming. She thought she heard the sound of stalls slamming, the affidavit said. She “thought she could not have heard what she thought so she purchased her items and left. When she drove by a little later and observed patrol officers, she stopped to tell them what she heard,” it said.

That's so wrong. This is my opinion only..I Hope this doesn't offend anyone. People (in the city, especially) don't pay attention. Even when they do pay attention, they think it's not their business. Again, my opinion only. I'm very cynical since moving to the city, lol. Maybe another wake-up call like the Naomi Irion case. If we see something, we should absolutely say something.

A 19-page postmortem examination revealed the teenager was stabbed 42 times on her face, chin, chest, arms and hands, according to CBS Colorado Springs affiliate KKTV. The most fatal of these wounds were found on the victim’s neck.

Blunt force injuries were also noted in the autopsy report.
[snip]
Jail records show Johnson is being held without bond at the El Paso County Jail in Colorado Springs. According to the court docket, he is scheduled for a preliminary hearing on Sept. 16 at 8:30 a.m.
Teen Killed In Walgreens Break Room For Allegedly Rebuffing Suspect Stabbed 42 Times | Oxygen Official Site

[…]

Following the media attention surrounding the death of Riley Whitelaw, her mom Courtenay, and Riley's friends took action after Riley's identity was released in an arrest warrant for her alleged killer. Governor Jared Polis and the Colorado Legislature agreed, signing 'Riley's Law', Senate Bill 23-075, into law in 2023.

The new law, which will take effect in 2024, is designed to protect the identities of underage victims and witnesses across Colorado from being released in reports that could be seen by the public.

[…]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back