CO CO - Roger Ellison, 17, Cedaredge, 10 Feb 1981 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It's been a while since I've been here. Still bumping for Roger and praying that this case will be solved. WHat do you do when people tell you to quit asking questions and MYOB?

I just wanted to let everyone know that Roger has still not been found and NOTHING from the

delta police or anyone else, Lori passed away from Cancer, sept 11 2001Lori was my rock and helped me try to find Roger, I miss her!!

Remembering Roger today, hoping he will be brought home to be laid to rest, finally.

Lori passed away from Cancer, sept 11 2001Lori was my rock and helped me try to find Roger, I miss her!!
Hi silver1sb - are you referring to the Lori who made and maintained the findrogerellison.wordpress blog? If so that really is a major loss - that site seemed quite promising when it was new.

I think this is one of those cases where it would be good if LE went right back to the beginning and looked at every single thing afresh. For instance His mother says she saw him leave and get on the school bus, and his friend says he saw him at his locker. But often people make assumptions based on the fact the same things happen every day. For instance is it possible his mother just saw him leave, then saw the bus leave and assumed he was on it, and the locker friend saw Roger's books in the locker and assumed he had been there. At the time LE might not have questioned too deeply.

As for John Pash, I can understand why he might be angry. If I was accused of murdering a teenager for thirty years and had my name put across the web as some sort of deviant by anonymous people I would be mightly bitter and angry too.

I seem to remember another case somewhere in the US where a girl and her mother were at a school after hours for some sort of sporting event for the girl's brother. The girl nipped in to use the school's loo and was never seen again. There was some speculation that a student had hit her with his car in the car par, paniked and hid her body. Could something similar have happened to roger?

As for John Pash, I can understand why he might be angry. If I was accused of murdering a teenager for thirty years and had my name put across the web as some sort of deviant by anonymous people I would be mightly bitter and angry too.
We didn't pull his name out of the air. He was named as a possible POI and therefore sleuthable. No one accused him of anything. His own actions made flags come up for me anyway....such nastiness does not win over people into agreeing with you. I don't know if LE ever officially ruled him out. Whether he is guilty or not remains to be seen.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

This is one of those intriguing cases that seems like it should have been solved. At the time of Roger's disappearance, John Pash reported to the investigators that something Roger had written for a class assignment might be relevant to the investigation. He also called Rogers parents and told them what Roger had written. He has never disclosed the nature of this writing publicly. Apparently, the family did not believe Pash and became suspicious of him.
A few years later, there was some sort of "problem" between Pash and the school district and Pash moved back to California where he resumed his career. He has been divorced a couple of times but otherwise led an unremarkable life and an uneventful career.

Years after the disappearance, someone posted to another web site, the allegation that Pash had "inappropriate" relations with students (drugs, alcohol, sex etc). The allegation suggested that Roger may have been involved in these activities. They may have originated with Roger's family.

Local Law Enforcement did go so far as to dig up the back yard of the house Pash had lived in (they found nothing) but it is unclear how seriously the allegation was taken. There are indications that Roger's family was putting pressure on LE to pursue the "Pash angle". Pash claimed he was called by someone from Colorado Law enforcement but it was just a few short questions with no follow up interview. Pash’s posting suggest he may have been enjoying his status as “suspect”.

The country around Cedaredge is rough and heavily forested. Someone could go there to commit suicide and the body would never be found. While there is no evidence that this is what happened, there is no evidence of a murder either. Very strange.

Well, the old school building is being remodeled still. I haven't gotten up there yet, but a source I spoke with says it has been going steady for at least 3 mos, maybe a bit earlier. No news yet of any findings. Is that good or bad? It must be hell being a family member who doesn't know. Sheer Hell. :banghead:

Yes it is sure hell!!! still nothing from Delta police, they drive me crazy!! Lori the person who started Rogers website, and was trying to help me find Roger passed away Sept 11, 2001,so I am still trying to do it on my own, Roger is my brother and I want to know what happened, before I die.

Rogers website is www.findrogerellison.wordpress.com

You might already have done this, and if not I can imagine it would be incredibly time consuming, but have you thought about contacting all LE offices to as about any unidentified people they have found, and homeless shelters to see if anyone recognizes Roger. I now LE put up info on John Does on the internet, but some must slip through the net and there might not have been the same co-operation between the states in the '80s. I am not saying I think Roger is definitly dead, just that it is a good idea to cover all bases.
Also what local publicity is there still about the case? It may be that someone who knows something is still in the area, and a publicity blitz might cause them to talk. What about going on local radio, blitzing the area with posters again (if you put them in bars it might cause people to talk when drunk).
Also can I just as if your mother definitly saw Roger get on the bus, or did she just hear the front door slam and Roger leave and then see the bus go? The same with the friend who shared the locker, did he actually see Roger there, or just see the boos and assume he had been there. I am not accusing anyone of lying, I just thought it is easy for people to make assumptions because something happens the same way everyday.
Sorry if you have already answered these questions, and I missed them. I am really sorry that you do not know where your brother is, it must seem like a never ending nightmare.

You know, I don't post here at WS anymore really but do check from time to time for updates on two cases. This being one of them. Something about this case has always resonated with me.

I have never thought about the suicide angle. And I will try to be gentle because I know Roger's sister posts here. But that could be a possibility. I wonder if the writings Roger wrote had to do with being possibly suicidal. As someone posted above me, the area around there is heavily wooded. If he killed himself then the remains would probably be long gone. They didn't have as good technology back in the 70s to find remains. I wonder if there was a thorough search of all surrounding areas. Often people don't even seem super depressed. Look at what happened with Mariam Maschkavelli (sp?).

When it comes down to it, what is there against Pash. There is no physical evidence. He was a POI and wrote some rambling rant on here but nothing incriminating. And rumours and heresay. That doesn't mean much. Small towns are known to do that.

I'm just saying, I am beginning to think it was a suicide. It was the same thing with others who killed themselves. Just seemed to dissapear. No suspicious vehicles, no big suspects. Just dissapeared into thin air and it ended up they went to a remote area and killed themself so no one would find them.

And did Lori pass away September 2011, not 2001? Was that just an error typo?

And did Lori pass away September 2011, not 2001? Was that just an error typo?
Yes a typo, if she passed i 2001 she would never have found me or helped me, she is greatly missed, and also went to high school with Roger.

Thank you for all of your concern. The reason Lori was so adiment to findinf Roger because she knew and had a gut feeling about Pash, why can't I get any help from Delta police, they just don't care
:fence:

Disappeared on ID would be a good show for this to be on!

I agree, a Disappeared episode would be great for this case. Bumping for Roger!!!

The one thing that struck me as totally odd was Roger's teacher showing up at Roger's family's home, six months after Roger's disappearance, to say that he felt Roger was suicidal. That's just wrong on every level. If he felt that, he should have shared that with LE perhaps, but NOT go to the family's house! I've come up with several possible reasons why he did that...and none of them are good. That was a very inappropriate move on his part.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ismyless
Back