Found Deceased CO - Ryder Johnson, 20, Boulder County, 17 Jan 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Boulder County sheriff's Cmdr. Mike Wagner said Mettler was 83 years old and appeared to have been camping in the area.

Coroner Emma Hall confirmed that the case is related to the foot found in a snow boot on June 1. A trail runner found additional skeletal remains on July 16 about three-quarters of a mile outside the gate to the resort.

Hall said Mettler had an identification card on him, which investigators used to gather dental records and identify the body. Investigators used DNA evidence to link the body to the foot.
The remains were scattered over a 20-foot area.

Investigators believe the remains had been in the location for several months, based on their condition...

Wagner said that a friend attempted to report Mettler missing in February in Denver, but no report was taken and Mettler was not listed as a missing person because the friend was not a family member.

"He was never officially listed as a missing person," Wagner said.

http://www.dailycamera.com/boulder-...ervin-mettler-human-remains-eldora-ski-resort

I grew up close to Ryder and I know his family well. This case just catches my attention at every turn. I know his personality well and many things just don't add up. I've done a lot of research involving timelines and geography into the case, have some theories and it just doesn't add up. I have to wonder how much detail has gone into the investigation. How much investigating can I do on my own to try and get more information? I'm a new sleuth here.

I grew up close to Ryder and I know his family well. This case just catches my attention at every turn. I know his personality well and many things just don't add up. I've done a lot of research involving timelines and geography into the case, have some theories and it just doesn't add up. I have to wonder how much detail has gone into the investigation. How much investigating can I do on my own to try and get more information? I'm a new sleuth here.

Hi and welcome. I am SO sorry about Ryder missing. It must be nuts to experience something like this.

Honestly I feel like the family should maybe hire a PI at this point. Perhaps he went somewhere else nobody considered.

Skeletal remains found (UID): http://www.denverpost.com/2017/08/01/human-remains-gross-reservoir-boulder-ryder-johnson/

A fisherman discovered skeletal remains on Saturday near Gross Reservoir, and the Boulder County Sheriff’s Office and Boulder County Coroner’s Office are looking into whether the remains belong to Ryder Johnson, a Lafayette man who went missing in January 2016.

“It is in the same general area where Ryder Johnson’s car was found,’ sheriff’s office Cmdr. Mike Wagner said. “We don’t know if it is him.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3
Back