Found Deceased CO - Saza Lee, 54, didn’t return from bike ride, Longmont, 10 Sep 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

mlhenn

Reaction score
Longmont man missing | 9news.com

LPD said Saza Lee went for a bike ride from the area of Main Street and Mountain View Avenue at around 8 p.m. He was expected back around 10 p.m., according to LPD, but he didn't come home.

Police said Lee's route generally takes him along the Longmont greenways to Sandstone Ranch and then west towards Hover Street.

Lee is 54 years old, 5 feet 7 inches tall, 170 pounds, with brown hair and brown eyes. He has a blue Camelback backpack and a white helmet. He wears hearing aids, according to police, but he didn't have them with him when he left Friday night.

Is the route described on surface streets or a walk/bike path?

Mountain View Ave & Hover St, Longmont CO - Walk Score

This particular site gives a “Bikeable” score of 59 with “some bike infrastructure” for his suspected route.
Note: I have no knowledge of this area, nor am I familiar with this particular site so..

ETA: it appears a Bike Score measures whether an area is good for biking based on bike lanes and trails, hills, road connectivity, and destinations.
So the score of 59 means some bike infrastructure is present however it isn’t conveniently present the entire route, nor can daily errands be accomplished on a bike.

Last edited:
I bike regularly but hardly at all after dark. It's too easy for something to go wrong even if you have good lights. I always bring my phone - I wonder if he did? If he bikes regularly, he could probably cover 30 miles over the span of two hours. That's a lot of area to search if he hit a pot hole and went off the road. Hopefully somebody is tracing his route on bike or by foot with a careful eye.

Some people wear them for school/work only. They may not wear them during activities that could cause them to break, get water/sweat in them which can cause issues with clogging and the batteries. I have no clue if any of this pertains to Mr. Lee just a thought.

Hey all. I know this trail and don't personally like it much to jog on (along the area of Main and west of there toward Creekside...not my favorite - lots of people living along the creekway and trail). From the area of Main and Mtn View though, there's a TON between there and the greenway trail. There's too much info missing here. He left from Mt. View/Main and went to the greenway bike trail towards Sandstone Ranch and then usually goes back to Hover? It's just a lot of area and while Hover makes sense along this trail, the starting point does not without more info.

That photo of his bike, I wonder if that is near Kanemoto Park? But there are other languages there as well.

Here is a quick map. The greenway runs all along the St Vrain and Lefthand Creek. There are generally a lot of people recreating on it before sundown, I have not been on it after dark though. The blue circles are the areas mentioned, the red lines are the greenway. Once it hits Golden Ponds I am not sure where it leads.

Attachments

• st vrain greenway.jpg
    st vrain greenway.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 26
Hey all. I know this trail and don't personally like it much to jog on (along the area of Main and west of there toward Creekside...not my favorite - lots of people living along the creekway and trail). From the area of Main and Mtn View though, there's a TON between there and the greenway trail. There's too much info missing here. He left from Mt. View/Main and went to the greenway bike trail towards Sandstone Ranch and then usually goes back to Hover? It's just a lot of area and while Hover makes sense along this trail, the starting point does not without more info.

That photo of his bike, I wonder if that is near Kanemoto Park? But there are other languages there as well.

Here is a quick map. The greenway runs all along the St Vrain and Lefthand Creek. There are generally a lot of people recreating on it before sundown, I have not been on it after dark though. The blue circles are the areas mentioned, the red lines are the greenway. Once it hits Golden Ponds I am not sure where it leads.
And oops...that bottom red line is actually called Lefthand Greenway. I actually thought they were the same greenway but you learn something new every day. So the part I don't love is Lefthand Greenway between Lefthand creek park and Main. You feel the eyes but can't see the people along there.

snipped:

I don’t know where that signpost is located, but found out these are called “Peace Poles.” Organizations place them in communities, and each side displays the message: “May Peace Prevail on Earth,” in different languages. Very nice.

I think the language with the characters showing is the message in Chinese.

My thought on the hearing aids is maybe he left listening to music on air pods.

I don’t see FB for him, I do find family there though. There’s an IG but it’s private. I checked Strava under everything obvious and can’t find anything. There’s a “ping” rumor out there from his wife but nothing official

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BEllis9801
Back