CO - Seorin Kim, 44, and 2.5 month-old daughter found dead, professor husband Nicholas Myklebust arrested on suspicion of murder, Denver, 29 July 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Lore Listener

Sherlock Furby
Reaction score
"A 44-year-old associate professor at Denver’s Regis University was arrested on suspicion of first-degree murder after police found his wife with head injuries and their infant daughter not breathing at their Central Park home on Monday morning.

Nicholas Myklebust called 911 just before 7 a.m. Monday from his home in the 3200 block of North Syracuse Street and reported finding his wife on the ground with blood coming from her head and their daughter not breathing, according to the Denver Police Department and an arrest affidavit.

The woman, identified by police as 44-year-old Seorin Kim, was taken to the hospital, where she was pronounced dead. The baby girl, whose age was not provided, was pronounced dead at the scene."
There is a very interesting quote in this DP article that may indicate a twist in this story that could make this a much bigger case. My husband earned his master's degree at Regis U and some folks we know are... suspicious... about this previous incident. He was pretty well-known around the campus community.

"Myklebust told police he woke up from sleeping on the couch and went into the bedroom to check on his wife and daughter when he found Kim face-down and injured and the baby not breathing, according to the affidavit. He told officers their relationship was “great,” though the baby had been more fussy than usual and the couple had been depressed since experiencing a personal loss in 2021."
More articles:

Ok, it's in MSM now, I can tell you about the "personal loss in 2021."

While in court Tuesday afternoon for a bond hearing, prosecutors said in 2021 another child of Myklebust, who was 9-days old at the time, died due to a cranial fracture. Myklebust's defense attorney was quick to acknowledge the previous loss of the previous child but said there was no criminal case or criminal charges related to that infant's death.

Two dead babies in 3 years? First baby died by a cranial fracture, then wife, according to Myklebust, "must have fallen off a step ladder?" This is giving major Drew Peterson. Cause of death on the baby who died yesterday has not been determined, but authorities report not seeing visible injuries. Meanwhile, Seorin, who supposedly fell off a step ladder, was covered in blunt force injuries with blood found in multiple locations throughout the house.

I wonder what the red on his neck is? There sure is a lot of it.
1722403212791.png

View attachment 521571

Quite a contrast from the buttoned-down professor look on his Regis University page.
1722403389398.png

View attachment 521571

That red mark almost looks like a birthmark, or maybe something like psoriasis or eczema.

I wonder how the case of the 9-day-old baby's death was explained. Babies that age don't just get skull fractures at random.

View attachment 521571

"According to The Denver Post, Myklebust explained to investigators that the bruising on his knuckles was skin discoloration and the scratches on his body were from itching his psoriasis."

I suspect that his defense will eventually be that his wife injured the baby (both babies) and so he flipped. But he already stated she may have fallen off a step ladder and he attempted to alter the scene, so any defense he may claim now will be questionable.
A la Chris Watts (angry face).

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove