CO - Seorin Kim, 44, and 2.5 month-old daughter found dead, professor husband Nicholas Myklebust arrested on suspicion of murder, Denver, 29 July 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
According to the Denver Post, the baby who died last week was named Lesley Kim, and she was 2 1/2 months old.
The previous baby who died was a boy named "Bear Myklebust, was just nine days old when he died on Oct. 4, 2021, after suffering skull fractures, according to prosecutors and the medical examiner’s office."
Are these their official government-designated names? Interesting that first baby had fathers last name but recent baby had mothers last name....

Are these their official government-designated names? Interesting that first baby had fathers last name but recent baby had mothers last name....

When the parents have different last names, there are alternatives to hyphenating the child’s name. One option is to alternate the last name for each child: first born gets one last name, second gets the other. Another option is to pair boys with the father’s name and girls with the mother’s (or even vice versa). I don’t know if any of this applies here, but I’ve seen all kinds of alternative naming conventions in academia. JMO.

According to the Denver Post, the baby who died last week was named Lesley Kim, and she was 2 1/2 months old.
The previous baby who died was a boy named "Bear Myklebust, was just nine days old when he died on Oct. 4, 2021, after suffering skull fractures, according to prosecutors and the medical examiner’s office."
Odd that apparently boys get dad's last name and girls get mom's.

That could be a gender thing. IIRC, some East Asian countries have a gender-determined last name.
ETA: Just saw you had said the same kind of thing, @azure

Do you think LE might re-investigate the death of the son in 2021?
Well, the Denver Post article I posted said police would not comment on that case "citing the ongoing case." I don't know what the scope of the "ongoing case" is and whether it includes Bear or just Seorin an Lesley, but I'm hopeful! The DP has a rather draconian paywall so I'll post the full quote below with bbm.

"Lesley is the second infant to die while in Myklebust’s care, prosecutors have said. The couple’s first child, Bear Myklebust, was just nine days old when he died on Oct. 4, 2021, after suffering skull fractures, according to prosecutors and the medical examiner’s office.

Bear was taken to Children’s Hospital Colorado at 6:29 a.m. by ambulance from the 2800 block of Roslyn Street, according to the medical examiner’s office.

The office performed an autopsy at that time and ruled Bear’s cause and manner of death to be undetermined, the office said in a news release Friday.

Denver police also investigated Bear’s death, but no charges were filed. Police this week declined to provide any details of the 2021 investigation, citing the ongoing case."

I wonder what the red on his neck is? There sure is a lot of it.
View attachment 521571

What a psycho ! He looks strung out, probably meth.

MOO

Unless they bring charges on the death of the daughter, you're right probably won't be much in the news.
I agree with you & @tlcya... probably nothing until the next court appearance, unless there are charges on either/both of the babies, or someone close to the case talks to the media (the judge declined to issue a gag order.)

I've been hearing about it a lot because I teach at a different Denver university and some of my students (who are all graduate level) got their bachelor's degrees at Regis and knew/knew of/were taught by NM. There's a huge amount of gossip that I can't share here. My husband went there, too, for a master's degree in tech so therefore didn't interact with NM at all, but I can say the whole Regis community and our whole neighborhood (we live about 2 miles west of where this happened) is horrified and fascinated by this tragedy.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lawlessinvestigates
Back