CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that these videos have already been posted on WS but I don't know where.

They really help you understand the tanks and the very
remote location of the tanks the girls where found in.

1) " Chris Watts - The Walk to the top of an oil tank & Actual Photos of Anadarco Oil Tank Site"

Please note that this is not the actual tank Chris used to dump his children. That is not Chris in the video.

2) "The Christopher Watts Case: Finding the Oil Well"

This video is very long. Basically this couple drive on interstate76 to Roggen, CO where Chris told investigators
he had worked on Monday.

The couple keep driving around looking for an open entrance to get to the actual tanks used to dump the girls' bodies.

There is a lot of circling and repetition.
I had thought that the tanks were right by the rancher's house. They aren't they are way, way out. The ranch is very large and has lots of oil tanks that all look alike.

Y0u can spin down to 7:00 and not miss much. It's only at the very end that they can't go any closer due to a locked gate. You can see the tanks Chris used off in the distance.

Desolate, very remote and sad territory.

There are millions of the yellow flowers---Black Eyed Susans, so they are wild not planted.

I still don't get how Chris thinks the bodies wouldn't be discovered. Don't they ever clean the tanks?
That might be his service route and he might be the only person assigned to work on them. But for serendipity and NU, Shanann and the girls might never have been found. I think he spent some time planning and thinking about it. What a God forsaken place to end your days. Dreadful.

I only saw stills but the girls looked like they were children size caskets covered with a plain white sheet. SW had the pall/cover with the cross embroidered on it.
then i must be going crazy. I could have sworn the coffin drapes were gold colored. Is that some aspect of the funeral mass that they drape the coffins? They looked so much better, imo, undraped.

Or she found out while she was there. I think she returned from AZ & confronted him with the information she’d been given about him & the Anadarko AP. I think he then told her he wanted to separate. Whatever happened next caused him to either erupt in rage or feel that the only way out was murder. JMO

We know they were already planning to separate from her NC family. Which is why his story is an utter lie.

I think that these videos have already been posted on WS but I don't know where.

Excellent post, Saint!

I'd like to have more information about how these Andarko tanks work, especially whether they are connected to a (outgoing) pipeline or whether trucks come and pump oil out of the tanks and take them somewhere else. If the tanks are part of a pipeline system, then they may be serviced fairly rarely. If they are emptied via tanker truck, then the trucks could come by on a regular schedule, depending on the well production. (FWIW, the satellite photos don't show truck tire tracks near the tanks, but those were taken a while ago.)

If SW found out that CW had a boyfriend, I can imagine that whatever conversation that occurred was extremely "emotional". He may have become so enraged during the argument that he started choking her, and didn't stop. Extreme emotions are not uncommon for men who are conflicted about their sexuality.

But, at that point, call the police, try for some sort of plea deal. The fact that he killed the children as well...he may have killed the children before she came home, to "punish" her. If she had talked to him before she left.

Yes, it sounds crazy, but if CW did think he was homosexual, he may have had a lot of issues going on, especially if he was homophobic.

That being said, many men experience the same sort of existential crisis, and don't become "Family Annihilators".

They do look smaller there. In the church they were covered in a gold colored drape, maybe the angle made them look the same size, to me.
I too only saw them when already in the church. SW casket was in the center with gold shroud, and the girls were each placed at angle. This shot here is child before covered with the white shroud, and it didn't look child size to me from this angle but maybe it was. AB/HLN probably had reporters present. (I'm thinking of JB Ramsey casket in comparison which no doubt was child size). MOO

Channel 9 clip also shows at angle:
Funeral held for Shanann Watts, 2 daughters and unborn son

Late Edit: Consensus by sleuthers is 3 adult caskets or similar sized.

Last edited:
CW has been referred to as stupid on these threads but the explanation he gave when he was cornered is pretty bright in my estimation. What else are you going to say when you’re found with three bodies? So he claimed SW killed the girls and he responded by killing SW.

He could have gone one better and claimed SW attacked him next, so he killed her in self defense. I don’t know if this is possible but I wouldn’t be surprised to see someone try it in order to save their life.

Last edited:
then i must be going crazy. I could have sworn the coffin drapes were gold colored. Is that some aspect of the funeral mass that they drape the coffins? They looked so much better, imo, undraped.

Yes, they are Pall cloths. Meant to signify that the deceased are 'clothed with Christ'
and to divert attention away from the casket itself.

CW has been referred to as stupid on these threads but the explanation he gave when he was cornered is pretty bright in my estimation. What else are you going to say when your found with three bodies? So he claimed SW killed the girls and he responded by killing SW.

He could have gone one better and claimed SW attacked him next, so he killed her in self defense. I don’t know if this is possible but I wouldn’t be surprised to see someone try it in order to save their life.

Or maybe he read about Christian Longo or watched the movie. Hopefully LE is looking into that.

Wow.
So SW knew about the AP before heading to AZ, and I assume she told NUA. That is why NUA showed up so quickly.
And that explains, IMO, why SW didn’t appear to have a plate of food in that AZ trip photo. You don’t eat when you are facing that scenario of separation.

And I think that photo from high school of CW is the real CW. He looks ...
Photo 12. If looks could kill...JMO
Photos: Chris Watts family murder case

I am sorry. I read that short article 3 times. I do NOT see where it says Shannon knew about an affair ahead of time.
Would you elaborate? Where are you getting that from?

'Still a Long Way to Go' in Watts Family Murder Case, Says Source: Chris Watts 'Had a Lot of Secrets'
September 04, 2018 05:20 PM

Authorities are continuing to build a case against Chris Watts, the Colorado father accused of killing his 15-weeks-pregnant wife, Shan’ann Watts, and their two young daughters — and a source close to the investigation tells PEOPLE that it’s a lengthy process.

The source says one of the most daunting tasks is unraveling Chris’ many suspected lies, including the allegation that he had an ongoing affair with a co-worker at the time of the triple slayings in mid-August.

“Every day, we learn more and more about him,” the source says in this week’s issue.
'Still a Long Way to Go' in Watts Family Murders, Says Source: Dad Chris 'Had a Lot of Secrets'

Last edited:
QUOTE="mickey2942, post: 14360945, member: 165018"]If SW found out that CW had a boyfriend, I can imagine that whatever conversation that occurred was extremely "emotional". He may have become so enraged during the argument that he started choking her, and didn't stop. Extreme emotions are not uncommon for men who are conflicted about their sexuality.

But, at that point, call the police, try for some sort of plea deal. The fact that he killed the children as well...he may have killed the children before she came home, to "punish" her. If she had talked to him before she left.

Yes, it sounds crazy, but if CW did think he was homosexual, he may have had a lot of issues going on, especially if he was homophobic.

That being said, many men experience the same sort of existential crisis, and don't become "Family Annihilators".[/QUOTE]

What you have stated makes sense to me and follows my line of thinking. I don't think the murders were about a female AP. I also don't believe CW initiated a a separation discussion with SW. I think he would very much like for everyone to believe that because I think his image is likely the most important thing to him. JMO.

SW may have discovered the female AP, but I think she discovered much more than that and I think that discovery occurred while she was in AZ. I think she let him know before she came home from AZ and he knew the jig was up.

I think the little girls were murdered to punish SW, and I think SW was murdered so she couldn't tell anyone about his secrets.

JMO

It only takes a few days to acclimate to the elevation. The thin atmosphere and corresponding lack of oxygen might affect asthma, but on the other hand, the dry climate and low humidity would be beneficial.

And elevation of Frederick is just less than 5,000 feet, while Telluride sits at 8,750, so Frederick is not nearly as bad.

As a side note, I have a theory about the lack of oxygen at high elevations causing mental illness. But 5,000 feet elevation is not as bad as the people I see near the Cripple Creek, Colorado area, where the elevation is twice that.

Some of us have problems and cannot acclimate, sadly.

Interestingly, there is correlation between high elevation and suicide. I wonder if it will eventually be proven to reach the level of causality in many cases. Could it on occasion also trigger underlying homicidal behavior?

I read that article but it just mentioned a secret life. Was I looking at the wrong article and is there a link verifying that SW found out about his AP prior to AZ? Sorry, I've been searching and couldn't find it :)

“According to an arrest affidavit obtained by PEOPLE, Chris allegedly said that after he told Shan’ann he wanted to separate when she got back from a work trip, he saw her strangling their 3-year-old, Celeste, while their 4-year-old, Bella, lay “blue” and apparently lifeless on her bed.”

Re- reading this I think it’s a poorly written sentence. I interpreted this as he told her he wanted to separate when she returned from AZ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HollyMcKee