CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #17

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We don’t know if SW knew about the affair at the time of conception, we don’t know when she found out. It’s possible that C.W. didn’t start up with the co-worker AP until after SW left for NC. SW doesn’t strike me as the type of woman who is totally dependent on her husband. She seems pretty self reliant to me. She told her friends she suspected something was up with C.W., she made no attempt to hide it or deny it. She was dealing with it. If you look at her life, she has a long pattern of cutting her losses and moving forward with what remains. I’m thinking about how she handled her illness, and how much she achieved on her own, working hard to buy her own house after her 1st divorce. I think we need to look to C.W. to find the answers to the whys for all this. Unfortunately, we don’t know much about him. But we do know he had no assets when they married, and that tells me he wasn’t much of a go getter. We know he took a huge pay cut when took the Anadarko job, and rather than look for a better paying job, he joined the Thrive bandwagon, but obviously didn’t put in the effort because we know he was “dating” pretty much anyone who would have him, and spending a lot of time working out, getting his body buffed up. CW seems like he contributed much less to the marriage than she did. The answers to the problems in that marriage lie within him.
Good post. I agree the problems lie with him. I think that when he began to get in shape women (and men?) began to pay attention to him and that was a new, and probably exhilarating, experience for him. And that is when he began to explore new experiences. SW would eventually sense the change(s). That may explain the trip to NC.

As to a divorce or saving the marriage? Wouldn't that depend on how much she knew and how bad it hurt her, not to mention the potential to hurt to her children? An affair is one thing. Serial cheating is another. And cheating with someone of the same gender is entirely something else. Where would the line be drawn? Given her health issues, I would think she would be angry about and fearful of STDs!

If the defense hires the right expert, I'm sure they can get CW diagnosed with just about anything you like.

BTW, have we seen any photos of his closet? Maybe that would help.

Yes I posted them , way, way back when we were trying to work out the house layout upstairs for the location of Shan's phone tucked into the loft cushions.

Wow. That must have been incredibly stressful for your friend. I don't think the church can retroactively deem/view children as 'illegitimate' just because they have decided to annul what was probably a perfectly legitimate marriage, if ultimately an unsuccessful one. The concept of illegitimacy has little meaning anymore, thankfully, in broader society or even within the church.

Just to point out that the Cath church doesn't do this, retroactively or even in the present tense when an annullment is granted

I should have added the other deterrent to doing it, at least in the U.S., is that it’s expensive. Not sure about Ireland, but here you’re more likely to have success if you hire an attorney who specializes in Canon Law.
Divorce wasn't even legal here until 1996. It seems there were a handful of applications for annulment each year until then but when divorce came in, people simply opted for that instead and annulments just weren't really a thing anymore. People here are just so relieved they can now legally get a divorce if they need one that they're not too worried whether the church recognises the separation or not!

Good post. I agree the problems lie with him. I think that when he began to get in shape women (and men?) began to pay attention to him and that was a new, and probably exhilarating, experience for him. And that is when he began to explore new experiences. SW would eventually sense the change(s). That may explain the trip to NC.

As to a divorce or saving the marriage? Wouldn't that depend on how much she knew and how bad it hurt her, not to mention the potential to hurt to her children? An affair is one thing. Serial cheating is another. And cheating with someone of the same gender is entirely something else. Where would the line be drawn? Given her health issues, I would think she would be angry about and fearful of STDs!
Lord knows the answers to your questions, but the showdown happened the night she was murdered, and once again, only C.W. knows what happened.

True, we cannot assume she wanted a separation. To me, it depends upon how much she knew about his secret life. Sure, she was in love with him.

But she just voluntarily spent 6 weeks away from him, with her girls and her family in NC. So it seems like she was open to that possibility. And if she had found out there was more than just one AP,and perhaps a male he had met online, she may have opted for a trial separation. Even though she loved him...

If I was in a high risk pregnancy, had 2 small children, and my marriage was in turmoil, I'd want to go home for awhile to get my life stabilized. Even if I wanted to save my marriage, I might choose to retreat for awhile.

I think another important element is that from SW's videos and her SM, she appears to have idealized CW as the perfect husband and father. JMO, I think she truly believed this and I think she loved him because she thought he was such a wonderful guy.

We know for sure that CW was having an affair with a co-worker. There is speculation SW discovered that affair. If we assume she did discover this affair, would SW be willing to try to save her marriage? Possibly. If she chose to see his affair as a mistake that he made, and not as an indicator of his true character.

That said, "if" SW discovered more than the one office affair, and again, we don't know for a fact there is really more out there yet, but assuming "if", would she be willing to try to save her marriage?

JMO, if that happened, that is a different kind of animal than one office romance that could be viewed as a "mistake". This kind of discovery is indicative of true character, and/or he had serious issues that had been cleverly disguised. Maybe both.

Even though pregnant with two young daughters, is that enough motivation to try to save a marriage that never really existed, to a man she never really knew? IMO, at a minimum, this kind of discovery would take her from "he's the best thing that ever happened to me" to "he's the biggest mistake I didn't know I made" in very short order. JMO.

I'm strongly leaning in the direction that SW is the one who wanted out of the marriage. This is JMO today, and is subject to change as this case develops.

That rules out ABC news as a reliable source then , they paid Casey Anthony $200k for photos of the child she killed, all the while exclaiming "We don't pay for stories".
If I remember correctly, ABC host did this big disclaimer at the beginning of show that they were paying a fee to the Anthony's for copyright privilege and to protect the photos/images for the family. (It made me spit)...

People like me cannot get TV reception w/o cable. I would have to buy an antenna and still not get CNN. I would only get about 6 channels. I've tried it.

Can we move on?
Some of us grew up in the 50s and 60s and all we had was broadcast channels. I don't feel we were in any way deprived. CNN isn't available with an antenna. It's a cable network. Their goal is $$$$$
I believe that some news organizations, although not paying for their stories, do pay for photos and videos? IIRC the Anthonys, for example, were compensated by People Mag and by a network news magazine program (20/20? can't remember) for providing private photos and videos.

By paying for private photos/videos, news organizations can get around the stigma of paying for their stories (We're not like the National Enquirer!) They can righteously proclaim, We do not pay for our stories! Um, well, technically, this is true. But they still fork over the ca$h. I don't know if this is true for all, just for some of the cases I have followed (SP, CA, JA).

JMO
ABC News is separate from its Entertainment division. News magazine programs such as 20/20 don't pay or even use unnamed sources for salacious gossip and rumors because it is against journalism's code of professional ethics.

SPJ Code of Ethics - Society of Professional Journalists

This was posted on the previous thread by SW's verified friend @isalybra

"I sort of just touched on that but to try and be more clear on my thoughts, I by no means can answer factually. When I first met them they came off as the center of each others world. I think that as Shanann got more and more successful she had become somewhat more distant. Not because she didn't love him just as much but because she knew how to make it to the top and she was doing an incredible job building her team and business. She wanted everything for those girls and even Chris but she knew to do it she had to be all in. I think that Chris not only couldn't handle the constant pressure and I don't think he could handle not being her only focus. I'd assume as she got more and more invested in growing, he got more and more resentful and internalized it. At the same time she was pushing him to be healthy and exceed as well so he probably starting liking the attention he got as well and it spiraled"
All of the ten reasons why men cheat in the article below likely apply to CW, but number 5 really stuck out and really fits with what Isalybra wrote:
The 10 Reasons Why Men Cheat
"5. He has unreasonable expectations. He believes that his spouse should meet his every sexual and emotional need, 24/7, without fail. In his narcissistic and self-focused way, he doesn’t understand that his spouse may be juggling multiple priorities (kids, work, home, finances) in addition to him and the relationship. When this spouse inevitably fails him (in his view), he feels entitled to seek intimate attention elsewhere."
I believe he had many affairs but thought himself "in love" with the co-worker AP who made him feel the way he thought he was entitled to feel.

Lovestruck or dumbstruck? Study finds being in love makes us stupid
"If you suddenly find yourself forgetful or unable to focus on any task to completion, there’s a good chance you’ve been recently hit by Cupid’s arrow."
Maybe his infatuation with his co-worker made him stupid (so to speak) and could help explain why he was so inept in covering his tracks.

That too. I don't know if there are CT scans performed on the brains of murderers/serial killers/ serial rapists but I think it would be of great benefit if this was employed by LE and science. It could give us better insight into the perps of these horrific crimes.
Who is going to pay for this? It’s a research study thing, not a legitimate LE investigative tool. After all, it’s a medical test that needs a physician or advanced practitioner order and needs to have a responsible physician to interpret the findings.

I can tell you that no jail or prison system wants to spend money on this.

That rules out ABC news as a reliable source then , they paid Casey Anthony $200k for photos of the child she killed, all the while exclaiming "We don't pay for stories".

ABC News does not use unnamed sources. They disclosed Anthony's name and that they paid for the photos because the public has a right to know that information. That is totally different than paying an unnamed source to obtain salacious rumors which is what AB and People are doing.

Lord knows the answers to your questions, but the showdown happened the night she was murdered, and once again, only C.W. knows what happened.
I don't believe there was a showdown, per se. I believe he punished her (verbally, or by showing her dead children) and then killed her. She probably never had a chance to speak because there was nothing he wanted to hear. He had already made all of his decisions and his plans. So very horrible to contemplate.

The greatest betrayal to me is him wearing the shirt that she bought for him while he was giving his flirty, happy interviews the day after he had buried her and dropped his little girls in oil vats.
Do you think he got some kind of sick thrill choosing and wearing that shirt? And then being complimented on it?

We don’t know if SW knew about the affair at the time of conception, we don’t know when she found out. It’s possible that C.W. didn’t start up with the co-worker AP until after SW left for NC. SW doesn’t strike me as the type of woman who is totally dependent on her husband. She seems pretty self reliant to me. She told her friends she suspected something was up with C.W., she made no attempt to hide it or deny it. She was dealing with it. If you look at her life, she has a long pattern of cutting her losses and moving forward with what remains. I’m thinking about how she handled her illness, and how much she achieved on her own, working hard to buy her own house after her 1st divorce. I think we need to look to C.W. to find the answers to the whys for all this. Unfortunately, we don’t know much about him. But we do know he had no assets when they married, and that tells me he wasn’t much of a go getter. We know he took a huge pay cut when took the Anadarko job, and rather than look for a better paying job, he joined the Thrive bandwagon, but obviously didn’t put in the effort because we know he was “dating” pretty much anyone who would have him, and spending a lot of time working out, getting his body buffed up. CW seems like he contributed much less to the marriage than she did. The answers to the problems in that marriage lie within him.
How do you know he had no assets? I am confused at that ? We have heard she had a home very nice one in NC that she acquired by herself no doubt this was before C.W. She according to her SM as a single worked at a car dealership . The house was huge!! She met C.W. at a really low point in her life , had been sick and misdiagnosed many times . IMO that would affect her ability to make money . She pushed him away but he stayed . She decides to move to Colorado, puts her house for sale. She sold it MM reported to a lawyer ,even leaving furniture behind . The lawyer stated she was in a hurry to sell.. We know she moved in with a friend to work as her nanny , we are unsure at this point what C.W. did . I would assume he stayed employed bc he qualified for a loan in his name only. We know within a year or so after marriage she became pregnant . Then shortly after pregnant again . SW got a job at the hospital which she left so she could stay at home and be a mom and her MK . We know they filed bankruptcy in 2015. We know at that time her wages were more but unsure why. We know she became a great MLM seller gaining benefits if travel and cars that could be matched if she met bonuses. We know she had lots of love from her family and friends.Thrive Healthy Fit Mom (@shanannwatts) • Instagram photos and videos
All screenshots are linked to her insta copied here.
He is a monster he killed his family however I don’t understand why he is portrayed as a non go getter mooching off her

Attachments

• 12727F1B-62DF-411D-8691-A04A388EB951.jpeg
    12727F1B-62DF-411D-8691-A04A388EB951.jpeg
    56.8 KB · Views: 27
  • CBF8DF87-0482-4908-A640-43F9603A1091.jpeg
    CBF8DF87-0482-4908-A640-43F9603A1091.jpeg
    106.9 KB · Views: 28
This would MAKE me suicidal if I was not already. At least give him reading material.

agree w you Kali. Pre-trial prisoner.
So not even a bible or anything over 23 hours.
Even post Nuremburg trials, Nazi genocide inmates had reading material

Also I don't see how you can commit suicide using a book, if that is given as justification ("personal property.")

Last edited:
The greatest betrayal to me is him wearing the shirt that she bought for him while he was giving his flirty, happy interviews the day after he had buried her and dropped his little girls in oil vats.
ITA! Seems typical of his cold, selfish behavior that we have witnessed so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fruit