Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #22

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I understood it to be a Presentaion of "Deterioration of Relationships" Of course he would have used sources for the presentation. I certainly did not assume he was an expert in relationships! I just noticed his flat tone and wondered how he himself might view relationships. The fact that he said that "sudden would be an example of infidelity" caught my attention because even if he had written it incorrectly, I would expect him to have caught it as he read it. Or maybe he was just nervous. What was the thing he disagreed with? I didn't see the entire thing but would be interested to know.
It is interesting that he held himself and rocked like he did in the porch nterview.

Wasn't this man's daughter the babysitter who watched the kids on Saturday night while CW went out w/ one of his PAs?
that's my understanding too, but in an earlier thread/post, his wife said she babysat on a different saturday, so its still not clear

What if he suffocated the children with a pillow and then placed Shan'ann's hands on their necks and place his hand and fingers directly on top of hers and squeezed to make the bruises match her fingers. Remember how insistant the defense was on wanting DNA evidence from the neck? I Originally, I thought the crude would destroy that, but it wouldn't have if he had placed their bodies in bags and dropped bag and body in the crude.

Interesting, but if this is true, wouldn't it show quite a lot of meticulous thinking ahead and planning on CW's part? For someone who made so many blundering mistakes (leaving their bedsheet behind at the burial site, doors from home all left locked from inside, Shanann's purse, keys, phone and meds in the house, being clueless to questions about who she was on a playdate with, etc...) I can't see him thinking ahead enough to strategize, "just in case the police find the bodies, I'll transfer DNA from Shanann's hands to their throats to frame her". I don't think he thought the bodies of the girls would ever be found in such a remote location. All just MOO, but it feels contradictory to me.

Are you able to justify CW’s affair in your mind because he was so miserable at home? Did SW really have that tight a hold on him? Do you believe SW would have been so upset upon hearing C.W. wanted a separation she would have strangled the girls? And what about the new baby? Do you know if C.W. really wanted it? Why would he engage in an affair at that time if he did?
I don’t want to justify the affair. Do I think either of them experienced real love in their marriage? No but that’s my opinion. To the other question, I do think it’s possible. I’ve heard conflicting info on who really wanted another baby so I can’t say that one for sure.

that's my understanding too, but in an earlier thread/post, his wife said she babysat on a different saturday, so its still not clear
I think the teenage babysitter was interviewed on TV but I didn't see it or know who talked to her.

I think Nikole's son babysat for the kids too.

\
I understood it to be a Presentaion of "Deterioration of Relationships" Of course he would have used sources for the presentation. I certainly did not assume he was an expert in relationships! I just noticed his flat tone and wondered how he himself might view relationships. The fact that he said that "sudden would be an example of infidelity" caught my attention because even if he had written it incorrectly, I would expect him to have caught it as he read it. Or maybe he was just nervous. What was the thing he disagreed with? I didn't see the entire thing but would be interested to know.
Paraphrasing but it was the part about a baby could strengthen the relationship. He read it off and then said something like 'I don't agree with that'. Why would you disagree with something you, yourself had written? I am not sure that you are supposed to copy and paste from other sources for your own presentation are you?
Unless it it technical or expert tracts and then, shouldn't you cite your source?

Keep in mind, that the video that we saw at Christmas time, when she walked out into the garage door to get something out of the car, had the alarm system talk to her. We saw this in the Bonita Springs case where the alarm company downloaded and knew exactly how long the door was open/ and when the alarm codes were changed. If he was taking out bodies it would have been longer than just opening the door to go outside to load his tools from the garage to his truck.
Then it seems that CW might have broken the garage door keypad intentionally so he couldn't be tracked.

Hello everyone,
I am new to this site but I am interested in this case. I am a surgeon and have seen many people die from a variety of reasons and have never seen someone get ‘blue’ so quickly. However, i am aware that asphyxia from strangulation can cause ‘blue’ discoloration or cyanosis rather quickly, even when the victim is still alive. It is usually mild, so it is hard to comprehend that CHris Watts would have been able to see his daughter being blue on the monitor. I really think that is implausible

Also, i think it’s great to have verified friends and family of the victims speak up about their experiences and all but at the same time their opinions may be based on the experiences they lived with the victims or the murderer. Their opinions do not equal truth, at least to me.

This is such a heartbreaking case. Plain sad. Children that will never grow up, a healthy smart women that will never see another sunrise. Families shattered, and the perpetrator, not the victim here will live in a cage for the rest of his days.

I pray to whatever gods or energies exist that justice prevails. And that the trial is fair for those that cannot speak because their lives were taken from them.

I don’t want to justify the affair. Do I think either of them experienced real love in their marriage? No but that’s my opinion. To the other question, I do think it’s possible. I’ve heard conflicting info on who really wanted another baby so I can’t say that one for sure.
No real love because they were each expecting the other to live up to an image that just wasn’t them?

And innocent of part of the charges until proven guilty of all charges.

Yes. Let's clarify what that means. That means that the judicial system cannot deem him guilty and must afford him the rights of an innocent citizen until such time as he might be found guilty.

That does not mean that anyone outside that system cannot use their cognitive abilities and critical thinking skills based on what is known thus far and form -and express - an opinion as to his guilt or innocence.

Unless we are the judge or jury, every person on the planet is free to find that Chris Watts murdered his entire family, long before trial even begins.

Sorry, I don't see it. Trinket is entitled to anonymity and we should respect that, but it also brings in to question bias, motives, etc., because we don't know; who is this person? There are other DIs here, that we know their connection. If Trinket's knowledge is that deep and important, why isn't he/she a witness? For the defense? You couple the anonymity with the bias in favor of CW, and I can see how people could be leery.
Friends of the suspect, just like friends of the victim, can add color and clarity to the overall picture. What they can’t do however, is change the damning facts against the suspect.

Hello everyone,
I am new to this site but I am interested in this case. I am a surgeon and have seen many people die from a variety of reasons and have never seen someone get ‘blue’ so quickly. However, i am aware that asphyxia from strangulation can cause ‘blue’ discoloration or cyanosis rather quickly, even when the victim is still alive. It is usually mild, so it is hard to comprehend that CHris Watts would have been able to see his daughter being blue on the monitor. I really think that is implausible

Also, i think it’s great to have verified friends and family of the victims speak up about their experiences and all but at the same time their opinions may be based on the experiences they lived with the victims or the murderer. Their opinions do not equal truth, at least to me.

This is such a heartbreaking case. Plain sad. Children that will never grow up, a healthy smart women that will never see another sunrise. Families shattered, and the perpetrator, not the victim here will live in a cage for the rest of his days.

I pray to whatever gods or energies exist that justice prevails. And that the trial is fair for those that cannot speak because their lives were taken from them.

Welcome. Profound first post.

I believe that there might be an accomplice or accessory-after-the-fact charged sometime in the future.
Care to share what makes you believe that?

Interesting, but if this is true, wouldn't it show quite a lot of meticulous thinking ahead and planning on CW's part? For someone who made so many blundering mistakes (leaving their bedsheet behind at the burial site, doors from home all left locked from inside, Shanann's purse, keys, phone and meds in the house, being clueless to questions about who she was on a playdate with, etc...) I can't see him thinking ahead enough to strategize, "just in case the police find the bodies, I'll transfer DNA from Shanann's hands to their throats to frame her". I don't think he thought the bodies of the girls would ever be found in such a remote location. All just MOO, but it feels contradictory to me.
:) Welcome to Websleuths, @barcelona ! :)
Thank you for joining in the discussion.​

Sorry, I don't see it. Trinket is entitled to anonymity and we should respect that, but it also brings in to question bias, motives, etc., because we don't know; who is this person? There are other DIs here, that we know their connection. If Trinket's knowledge is that deep and important, why isn't he/she a witness? For the defense? You couple the anonymity with the bias in favor of CW, and I can see how people could be leery.
the witness list (on the affadavit) is, as far as I am aware, from the prosecution side. It also isnt the final prosecution witness list. The defence has not, as yet, filed their witness list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member