Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #22

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I never picked up that anyone was laying the basis for her killing her children.

But I could have missed that part. Totally possible I missed it.

jmo

I didn’t see that either, but even if they had...it’s allowed!

We can discuss how/why/what might have led up to this tragedy, and we can look at both the defense’s claim and the prosecution’s claim.
From Tricia:

“[CW] has not been found guilty, so since he is the only witness and he says Shanann killed their two children, then we have to allow discussion on whether this is true or not. If a member wishes to believe Chris Watts is telling the truth then we must respectfully let that person express their opinion as long as it is within TOS.”

I seem to recall lots of speculation about CW’s mental state. Why not SW’s?

I did brief research on this earlier and got shot down in flames so didnt pursue it. It depends on the grade of crude. There are two trains of thought. 1. that the crude slows down decomposition because of the lack of bacteria in the crude to break down the body and 2, the more corrsive grade of crude oil may cause damage to the body.
Thanks, I'm satisfied with all the answers I got! Since they were only there for 3 days my guess is it would not be a huge factor anyway. Don't know why you would get shot down! At least 2 people were interested.

It’s funny because the fill-in host for Ashleigh Banfield yesterday, said something similar. When she was on Court TV, she said that she would present both sides, the prosecution’s case, and the defense rebuttal. When she talked about defense strategy, she would get blasted on social media for it. As people would say that she was in favor of the defendant.

Speculating on the defense’s strategy, doesn’t mean you support their view.
Exactly.

Having a separate thread where it's totally clear that it is strategy discussion and NOT support for the perp might, maybe, perhaps work.

I've started to keep my own notes (on a legal pad....remember pen and paper?!) and the notepad is where I am turning for discussions that veer from "he's a monster!"

In the meantime, he's a monster!

jmo

Thanks, I'm satisfied with all the answers I got! Since they were only there for 3 days my guess is it would not be a huge factor anyway. Don't know why you would get shot down! At least 2 people were interested.

i think wires got crossed, so thought better not to pursue it. This was before I found the ignore button :)

I didn’t see that either, but even if they had...it’s allowed!

We can discuss how/why/what might have led up to this tragedy, and we can look at both the defense’s claim and the prosecution’s claim.
From Tricia:

“[CW] has not been found guilty, so since he is the only witness and he says Shanann killed their two children, then we have to allow discussion on whether this is true or not. If a member wishes to believe Chris Watts is telling the truth then we must respectfully let that person express their opinion as long as it is within TOS.”

I seem to recall lots of speculation about CW’s mental state. Why not SW’s?
Why not indeed? We should keep in mind though that she was violently killed, that's been admitted, and so is not here to offer her side of the story. She, metaphorically, depends on others for that.

[Sigh] Obviously recording him without his knowledge. That's good---it shows what he's like when he's not being directed. ("SIT DOWN ON THE CHAIR, SANTA!")

Hard to tell SW's motive for filming this---was she making fun of him? The tags seem to be bragging, but it's hard to say.

The investigators need to speak with people who were on SW's live feed to see who would watch these videos and how often CW would get recorded or what kind of comments were made. I bet that not all of the 'live' videos were saved.

Edited by me for quote error.

But it is not manually operated for a quick exit.
I am not an expert. I am aware though that a steel (or fireproof door, like 29-36" wide to walk through, not the big one for cars) is required from inside the home to the garage if the garage it attached (built into) the home, atleast when we built our home Colorado in 97'.

We have a similar outside garage door keypad here, one of ours malfunctioned and we went a year or so before fixing and reprogramming, we got by just fine with the opener button in the garage and the remotes in our cars. No doubt CW could have fibbed about it, but it has happened here.

Pause on 5:20, I believe it's the small white box about chest height on the left garage car door.

Ah yes, but we're talking about a DI and someone very close to CW. I have close friends that always let me, and others, know when they get a new car or company car. Just seems to me they should know.
It is possible to be very close to someone and not know what kind of work vehicles they have especially if they don't live close by. JMO

I wasn't questioning it, the poster that that reply was to claimed that LE was being creative with that charge. I wasn't sure what she meant.
Oh, ok, I assume you meant the charge concerning the killing of a fetus. Hope you got your answer, but just in case I had said the word " creative" because the charge used was a way around the charge of murder since there isn't one that exists in that state. So in a round about way he will still be held accountable for the murder of his unborn child. If it sticks.

Why not indeed? We should keep in mind though that she was violently killed, that's been admitted, and so is not here to offer her side of the story. She, metaphorically, depends on others for that.

Agree. And I’m totally cool with that. Notice I only pipe up if someone is not allowing free-thinking.

I honestly didn't pick that up either.

Interesting!

Just when I think I know what's going on .... I don't.

jmo
It's okay. Imo, it was more of an inference by the readers than an implication by the writers.

Sure a roller coaster ride though!

We rightfully cannot make assumptions about the VI's identity. So need to see how I post this. But yes, I can absolutely imagine constellations where one wouldn't necessarily know the number of cars, especially if you are not into cars or don't see the person on a daily basis
There are a couple of videos of the truck being towed. One has stickers on the driver's side back window (facing the truck bed) with the numbers 1139. Could this be a company identifier?

@Trinket78 do you know if C.W. had a Winch on his truck? I didn’t see one on the front of the truck that was towed but I’m curious if he had one on the back and could have used it to access the oil tanks.

Also, do you know what he was doing workout wise to get so buff? Was he going to a gym? Was he interested in Martial Arts?

Thank you. You’re appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member