Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Trinket, I’m trying to get a handle on what jobs Shanann held in NC. I’ve heard a few different things: she was a nanny, she was a professional organizer, she works retail (I guess that would cover the tire store...).

(If she had bought Chris new clothes, and she had bought herself all those fancy shoes in her closet, how was that possible on a retail salary? Was she pulling down big commissions?)

Also, was Chris living with her and contributing financially to the house in Belmont? Did she have roommates to help defray the cost of that house? Was she living in the house all alone?

TIA

I guess you mean " had" since they are both gone now, but I was wondering, also, how well did Trinket know the family, or at least an idea of how long, ( more than 5 years, less than 3, just an estimate) and if you can answer, how did you come to know them? Sorry if this has been answered.
All I can say is I knew them all very well. I’m sorry I can’t be more specific.

Weren't the children's blankets missing from the house? Do we know if they were found and/or where?

I've been following this thread since the beginning but haven't had the nerve to post, mainly bc I'm pretty sure it may rain some unpleasantness on my head, but here goes.......

I've always lived surrounded by the oil/gas and ag world. I dont find the babies in the oil tanks any *more morally repugnant than another place. To be clear before anyone blasts me I find it morally repugnant, just not more so than anywhere else. I know there's been plenty of discussion around SW being placed in a shallow grave due to time, logistics, etc. IMO It feels intentional to me. The separation of her from the babies. Leaving her to exposure to elements, wild animals, where the babies felt more Susan Smith or other parents who go the water route.

All just my own opninion, which you don't have to share .
Welcome! I agree with regard to the oil tanks being no more repugnant than in a shallow grave.

Weren't the children's blankets missing from the house? Do we know if they were found and/or where?

I've been following this thread since the beginning but haven't had the nerve to post, mainly bc I'm pretty sure it may rain some unpleasantness on my head, but here goes.......

I've always lived surrounded by the oil/gas and ag world. I dont find the babies in the oil tanks any *more morally repugnant than another place. To be clear before anyone blasts me I find it morally repugnant, just not more so than anywhere else. I know there's been plenty of discussion around SW being placed in a shallow grave due to time, logistics, etc. IMO It feels intentional to me. The separation of her from the babies. Leaving her to exposure to elements, wild animals, where the babies felt more Susan Smith or other parents who go the water route.

Welcome and thanks for posting. It's an interesting perspective. I get it.

I've stated something similar to your post too.

Pillowcases and a bedsheet were found in a trash can at the residence. One sheet was found at the dump site.

I disagree as to the significance of Shanann being separated, especially in light of the fact that the kids were separated from each other (separate tanks). I still think it was a logistical issue.

But you’re right, everyone is entitled to their opinion based on the facts, and those opinions will obviously differ.

Trinket, I’m trying to get a handle on what jobs Shanann held in NC. I’ve heard a few different things: she was a nanny, she was a professional organizer, she works retail (I guess that would cover the tire store...).

(If she had bought Chris new clothes, and she had bought herself all those fancy shoes in her closet, how was that possible on a retail salary? Was she pulling down big commissions?)

Also, was Chris living with her and contributing financially to the house in Belmont? Did she have roommates to help defray the cost of that house? Was she living in the house all alone?

TIA
She lived there alone until Chris. As far as where the money came from.. besides the Rim store and being a nanny.. I have no idea.

I doubt it. I'm only making this an issue as this person has been cited many times as somehow representative of WS posters on the SW case and this anomaly poster's strange posts keeps bobbing back up, over 10 threads later.
I've noticed that it's quite strange. I don't understand the need to keep bringing it up tbh.

Welcome! I agree with regard to the oil tanks being no more repugnant than in a shallow grave.
To me it seems inhumanly cruel. I have dealt, for decades, with filling boats with diesel, and cleaning bilges, and hoping that I didn't kill myself by siphoning gas, climbing up on a ladder to fill the house tank with heating oil, filling kerosene lamps, filling up and pumping up the gas coleman lanterns, mixing thick oil into the outboard motor gas and making sure it's mixed in, and cleaning myself up afterwards. I can't imagine purposely doing that even to a dead body. But, do we even have proof that they were dead when he threw them in the toxic oil?

Last edited:
Haaa agreed. And that statement was likely mine, I was mocking his actions and being incredibly sarcastic.
Oh! That must have been when I was speed reading to catch up with the case. I thought that statement was made by CW or his dad! I thought it was from an article.

Oh! That must have been when I was speed reading to catch up with the case. I thought that statement was made by CW or his dad! I thought it was from an article.
Lol, no. I just hope other people didn’t read it the same way. It happens though, no worries!

And for clarification. I do not think Shanann was a hypochondriac, or that C.W.’s actions were that of a loving father.

Pillowcases and a bedsheet were found in a trash can at the residence. One sheet was found at the dump site.

I disagree as to the significance of Shanann being separated, especially in light of the fact that the kids were separated from each other (separate tanks). I still think it was a logistical issue.

But you’re right, everyone is entitled to their opinion based on the facts, and those opinions will obviously differ.
I agree. I think separate tanks for each of the girls because the oil levels were so high. Initially, I thought that was the reason SW was not put in the tanks (because of the oil level), but there are several other tanks closeby that could have been used for SW. Therefore, I came to the conclusion that she simply would not fit through the hatch or, she was too heavy to manipulate or get up the staircase.

I agree. I think separate tanks for each of the girls because the oil levels were so high. Initially, I thought that was the reason SW was not put in the tanks (because of the oil level), but there are several other tanks closeby that could have been used for SW. Therefore, I came to the conclusion that she simply would not fit through the hatch or, she was too heavy to manipulate or get up the staircase.
That’s exactly my view. I’m definitely curious as to what specifically, the logistical issues were here. I think the oil levels may be particularly relevant, because the more places you hide bodies, the increased likelihood of discovery. There had to be a reason to take this risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro