Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
so then she surrendered herself and went limp (without defending herself) while he strangled her, silently and pacifically? and he did accomplished her murder with not visible signs of a struggle from her part???? Really??? No, I can't contemplate that scenario.
can you elaborate on the scenario that lead you to that conclusion? I'm curious. @MyBelle

*reposted because thread was closed and I wasn't able to edit.
The affidavit says he "ultimately" strangled her so he make have knocked her out first.

SW may have not struggled much as she was murdered because she was exhausted from her trip and of course being pregnant.
While I think that could affect someone's strength level, I do not believe being pregnant, tired, etc, would prevent someone from significantly fighting back in a life or death struggle. The body releases adrenaline so for a short period of time, you can do some amazing things to fight back, IMO.

I never saw this vid SW posted before. It made me cry. She talks a lot about Chris and how she truly believes God put him in her life and he’s the best thing that ever happened to her and he’s gotten so much funnier as he’s gotten older and she thanks God for bringing him to her.:(

She really does seem like a sweet caring lady. She nor the girls did not deserve this.

The affidavit says he "ultimately" strangled her so he make have knocked her out first.
Yep. Have we concluded anything if he said he got water? He could have drugged her water and she passed out. Could have done that to all 3!

Edit to add: If TB is for real, and CW was hanging out with him, no doubt there were party drugs involved, and no doubt he'd learn how to drug someone to make them pass out (What's the date rape drug?) easily... Would make sense, everything would have been pretty clean that way. I don't doubt he loved his kids. He had his reasons and ultimately thought it would be better if everyone was dead, so killed them as quietly and pain free as possible. I hope that's what happened, at least, just for the thought they died going to sleep than seeing CW strangling the others or feeling pain.

Last edited:
SW may have not struggled much as she was murdered because she was exhausted from her trip and of course being pregnant.

Excuse me, but regardless how tired a person is. if someone is actively strangling you, your reaction is to strike back, the adrenaline rush will offset the tiredness. Unless he strangled her while she was asleep, which I don't think is the scenario. JMO

Further to the note on the door subject ~ below the metal latch you can see in the photo the note. Someone posted a better image but this was all I could find. Some say it was a Thrive note others thought it was a note to remind them to lock the door. I am thinking it is a Thrive note based on NU statement that the door was not as it normally was (Paraphrasing) and therefore we can assume they didn't use that latch regularly.
Feb 24th, 2018
Shanann Watts

no note Nov 2016
Shanann Watts

Last edited by a moderator:
Further to the note on the door subject ~ below the metal latch you can see in the photo the note. Someone posted a better image but this was all I could find. Some say it was a Thrive note others thought it was a note to remind them to lock the door. I am thinking it is a Thrive note based on NU statement that the door was not as it normally was (Paraphrasing)
Feb 24th, 2018
Shanann Watts

no note Nov 2016
Shanann Watts
Thanks! If I had to guess I would say Thrive.

Further to the note on the door subject ~ below the metal latch you can see in the photo the note. Someone posted a better image but this was all I could find. Some say it was a Thrive note others thought it was a note to remind them to lock the door. I am thinking it is a Thrive note based on NU statement that the door was not as it normally was (Paraphrasing)
Feb 24th, 2018
Shanann Watts

no note Nov 2016
Shanann Watts

That makes perfect sense based on friends I've had in the MLM scene. It used to be that way if you visited anyone really involved in Amway products too. Stickers and motivational signs everywhere.

Feb 24th, 2018
Shanann Watts

no note Nov 2016
Shanann Watts
I also saw a photo of the note. I'm sure it was here.... unfortunately I've slept too many times since... FWIW I do remember thinking it looked like it said "lock me".

While I think that could affect someone's strength level, I do not believe being pregnant, tired, etc, would prevent someone from significantly fighting back in a life or death struggle. The body releases adrenaline so for a short period of time, you can do some amazing things to fight back, IMO.

Exactly. I posted before reading this; but your wording is Best of What's Around... me! ;)

Excuse me, but regardless how tired a person is. if someone is actively strangling you, your reaction is to strike back, the adrenaline rush will offset the tiredness. Unless he strangled her while she was asleep, which I don't think is the scenario. JMO

Yes. Your natural reaction is to strike back. If he did it correctly though, it would be somewhere between difficult and impossible for her to inflict damage on him.

You’re likely envisioning a scenario where he uses both hands to grab her throat.

Using a simple chokehold from behind, would mitigate the chance of injury on his part. Unless she had self defense training (and possibly even then), she would be in an incredibly vulnerable position.

The affidavit just states "he walked down stairs for a moment" so we don't know what he did downstairs and if he even did go downstairs. He had to say something to explain how SW had time to go to the girls before he came back up to discover what happened. We don't know how long he was downstairs but to me if you go with the literal definition it means the following:
Moment (time) - Wikipedia
Moment (time) - Wikipedia
The length of a solar hour depended on the length of the day, which in turn varied with the season, so the length of a moment in modern seconds was not fixed, but on average, a moment corresponds to 90 seconds.

Would that be enough time to kill one child and start the next?

I also saw a photo of the note. I'm sure it was here.... unfortunately I've slept too many times since... FWIW I do remember thinking it looked like it said "lock me".
I do remember that being said very early on in the threads by others as well.

Yes. Your natural reaction is to strike back. If he did it correctly though, it would be somewhere between difficult and impossible for her to inflict damage on him.

You’re likely envisioning a scenario where he uses both hands to grab her throat.

Using a simple chokehold from behind, would mitigate the chance of injury on his part. Unless she had self defense training (and possibly even then), she would be in an incredibly vulnerable position.

Agree. Chokehold most probable scenario.

I know about adrenaline kicking in, I was saying she made had been exhausted. I am sure she fought but his adrenaline was probably in full force and he was obviously stronger. She probably fought but even with adrenaline kicking in, she was pregnant and the pregnancy may have affected her strength in fighting off an adrenaline fused maniac.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx