Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm, he may try to throw AP under the bus yet! He wouldn't come across as a very strong husband and father though, if AP could run from room to room strangling everyone and CW couldn't do a thing to stop her. And it would still be a mystery how he looked so happy and relaxed during that front porch interview, huh?!
I don’t think the AP was involved, but if he was wanting to end the marraige it makes more sense that he would cover it up if the AP killed the girls than if SW had done it. Or AP kills girls and he kills SW. Not that I think that’s what happened, but it’s easier for me to imagine than protecting someone he wanted to get away from.

This is a great point! While his wife and kids were across the country, he could've packed up and left! WHY WHY WHY did he not just do that??? IMO a dude who leaves his pregnant wife is a better look than a dude who kills his pregnant wife and IMO his kids

Also, if CW told SW at what, 4am to 5am that he wanted a separation, and he left just after 5.30am ... if she wanted to kill the girls and get the job done, why not wait until 5.30 when he's gone to work, when the feeling of anger is turning more to abandonment and he's not there to stop her, and add in a possible punishment aspect that he'd suffer when he'd come home from a hard day's work to find his children dead?

Okay, heat-of-the-moment 'passion' doesn't always have logic, but there are often patterns in it. And I don't see how the things we know match to SW having any part in the murders that night.

I would think a woman scorned scenario would more likely have SW attacking CW, and either getting the locks changed while he's at work or leaving to go to a friend's or a flight back to NC.

Ok, let's say she does make disparaging remarks about CW: its no reason to murder her and the kids. A normal person would file for divorce, even if the wife said no. Millions of husbands and wives are ribbed or insulted many times during a marriage but they either stay and work things out or get a divorce. They don't murder their wife, toddlers and unborn son.

And let's say, for the sake of argument, that her being "bossy" WAS his trigger. If a snide comment here and there was enough to cause him to go on a killing spree of his own family then dude was a ticking time bomb anyway-he'd have probably done something even if SW was darn near perfect.

Thanks...though I guess he wasn't really thinking about appearances when he perpetrated the crimes

Maybe. Or maybe it's that he did have some level of premeditation and thought he'd get away with claiming that his wife walked out on him and took the kids and won't get in touch so that he can have visitation with them?

If I was a family member and believed him, I would urge him to give everything they ask for.

I really don’t know what I would tell my brother who is possibly facing the death penalty. I’d want him to let the 100% truth to come out but I also may just want him to follow his attorney’s advice. I hope I never, ever have to deal with such a nightmare

AB 9/18/18
1. Prosecution asked for Autopsy Report stay sealed. Why? Prosecution believes info about results is so critical to getting a conviction, they don’t want to take any chances. Information in autopsy could taint potential witnesses who have not yet been interviewed and jury pool.
2. Defense filed motion not to have to supply DNA, fingerprints, and palm prints because it is unreasonable search and seizure. It is routine for Prosecution to get this evidence, Defense is objecting just for the purpose of objecting.
3. Judged denied Defense request to investigate leaks, and today the Courts released a handful more documents. Defense filed an appeal asking judge to reconsider,
4. CW has access to newspapers.
5. Defense not happy about leaked information People Magazine printed and actually quoted them in motion. Motion cited that C.W. “showed no emotion when he was being booked,” “no evidence SW killed kids” “CW had been thinking about this for quite some time,” “evidence found in CW’struck.” “Evidence found in bedding, clothes, computers, phones, text messages, and search histories” Defense is not happy about this info getting out there.
6. Interesting that C.W. did not complain about information revealed about multiple affairs with male and female partners.
7. Has Defense been given discovery? As of two weeks ago, they haven’t been given a single page of discovery. Not unusual, CW hasn’t been arraigned, yet.
8. Defense could present a motion to dismiss the case if they can prove that State was selectively leaking pieces of information to taint the jury.
9. Richard Hodges, CW’s former roommate is guest on show. They attended classes together at the NASCAR Technical Institute. What kind of person is C.W.? CW was straight as an arrow. Very dedicated to school, very dedicated to his work, most likely to succeed. Wasn’t the kind of guy who went out and partied, a lot of guys did, but not C.W. He was more like, this is school, this is my future, and this is what I’m going to do. Worked hard, graduated with honors. Very strange to see someone like him being transformed into what we see today. A lot of old classmates have started talking and all on the same page, no one gets it. No one knows what to make of it. Hodges did not stay in touch over the years. After school they worked at the same dealership, but after that Hodges chose different career and moved. Lost touch. Hasn’t talked to him since 2005. None of school friends stayed in touch. CW was quiet and reserved, but not in negative fashion. Very rarely went out with friends. He was hard on himself, he wanted to get good grades and do well.
10. Hodges’ mom saved graduation program from 2004. Shows C.W. ‘s accolades. CW was most outstanding in class.
11. He worked out and was physically fit during school.
12. Does not remember C.W. dating anyone. Never brought anyone home. Didn’t seem odd. He was a perfectionist, very focused on grades. Reserved personality prevented him from meeting people. CW wasn’t a fan of large groups.
13. Any recollection of C.W. acting impulsively? No, he kept to his routine wasn’t impulsive. His attitude was he’d get down on himself once in a while if he didn’t think he was doing well. He pushed himself to do well in school. Never mad, very mellow. How he was,”emotionless” in his interview, that’s how he was back then.
14. Hodges biggest lesson from this whole situation is, “You think you know someone but you really don’t. There’s always gonna be people who have skeletons in their closets that they hide very well.”
15. Will Hodges reach out to him now? No. No need or desire to do so. Has not been contacted by either Prosecution or Defense.
16. What clues could be in Watts family trash? Why wasn’t it a crime scene starting Monday night? Trash day was a Tuesday, CW may have had 48 hours to clean up crime scene and get rid of it. LE didn’t have enough information or probable cause until second day.

Viewer Questions
1. Is C.W. being honest with his legal team? It’s actually a real problem. Not so sure of this image of C.W. being a loving family man is real. There’s something inside C.W. we’re not hearing about. Where are his current friends? Where is his family? How come nobody is speaking up for him? How come he was working in the Oil Industry and not for NASCAR that he had training for and loved so much? More silent than most other cases.

17. Got Hodges back on phone to discuss porch interviews. Hodges says the guy on the porch was typical C.W. The nervous rocking back and forth was him. Arms crossed, he was a shy guy. He’d do that. The part that seemed strange was the laugh, that was creepish, and never knew him to lie.

Attachments

• 4228233D-DDE2-49C4-B301-CEF630D85647.jpeg
    4228233D-DDE2-49C4-B301-CEF630D85647.jpeg
    125.1 KB · Views: 20
No, but if it’s fair game to speculate what something on FB indicates about the poster and we’re allowed to criticize a victim here because of what a proven liar has said about them, then I think it’s fair if we choose to assume whatever a dead victim posts on facebook directly is the truth.
I don't know who said what to who and what who said was true or not, but I think you are right. If we are going to start analyzing comments on some thing most of us cannot even see, and then make judgements about whether or not that person is truthful or what they might really mean, then anything might as well be fair game. Jmo

AB 9/18/18
1. Prosecution asked for Autopsy Report stay sealed. Why? Prosecution believes info about results is so critical to getting a conviction, they don’t want to take any chances. Information in autopsy could taint potential witnesses who have not yet been interviewed and jury pool.
2. Defense filed motion not to have to supply DNA, fingerprints, and palm prints because it is unreasonable search and seizure. It is routine for Prosecution to get this evidence, Defense is objecting just for the purpose of objecting.
3. Judged denied Defense request to investigate leaks, and today the Courts released a handful more documents. Defense filed an appeal asking judge to reconsider,
5. Defense not happy about leaked information People Magazine printed and actually quoted them in motion. Motion cited that C.W. “showed no emotion when he was being booked,” “no evidence SW killed kids” “CW had been thinking about this for quite some time,” “evidence found in CW’struck.” “Evidence found in bedding, clothes, computers, phones, text messages, and search histories” Defense is not happy about this info getting out there.
6. Interesting that C.W. did not complain about information revealed about multiple affairs with male and female partners.
7. Has Defense been given discovery? As of two weeks ago, they haven’t been given a single page of discovery. Not unusual, CW hasn’t been arraigned, yet.
8. Defense could present a motion to dismiss the case if they can prove that State was selectively leaking pieces of information to taint the jury.
9. Richard Hodges, CW’s former roommate is guest on show. They attended classes together at the NASCAR Technical Institute. What kind of person is C.W.? CW was straight as an arrow. Very dedicated to school, very dedicated to his work, most likely to succeed. Wasn’t the kind of guy who went out and partied, a lot of guys did, but not C.W. He was more like, this is school, this is my future, and this is what I’m going to do. Worked hard, graduated with honors. Very strange to see someone like him being transformed into what we see today. A lot of old classmates have started talking and all on the same page, no one gets it. No one knows what to make of it. Hodges did not stay in touch over the years. After school they worked at the same dealership, but after that Hodges chose different career and moved. Lost touch. Hasn’t talked to him since 2005. None of school friends stayed in touch. CW was quiet and reserved, but not in negative fashion. Very rarely went out with friends. He was hard on himself, he wanted to get good grades and do well.
10. Hodges’ mom saved graduation program from 2004. Shows C.W. ‘s accolades. CW was most outstanding in class.
12. Does not remember C.W. dating anyone. Never brought anyone home. Didn’t seem odd. He was a perfectionist, very focused on grades. Reserved personality prevented him from meeting people. CW wasn’t a fan of large groups.
13. Any recollection of C.W. acting impulsively? No, he kept to his routine wasn’t impulsive. His attitude was he’d get down on himself once in a while if he didn’t think he was doing well. He pushed himself to do well in school. Never mad, very mellow. How he was,”emotionless” in his interview, that’s how he was back then.
14. Hodges biggest lesson from this whole situation is, “You think you know someone but you really don’t. There’s always gonna be people who have skeletons in their closets that they hide very well.”
15. Will Hodges reach out to him now? No. No need or desire to do so. Has not been contacted by either Prosecution or Defense.
16. What clues could be in Watts family trash? Why wasn’t it a crime scene starting Monday night? Trash day was a Tuesday, CW may have had 48 hours to clean up crime scene and get rid of it. LE didn’t have enough information or probable cause until second day.

Viewer Questions
1. Is C.W. being honest with his legal team? It’s actually a real problem. Not so sure of this image of C.W. being a loving family man is real. There’s something inside C.W. we’re not hearing about. Where are his current friends? Where is his family? How come nobody is speaking up for him? How come he was working in the Oil Industry and not for NASCAR that he had training for and loved so much? More silent than most other cases.

17. Got Hodges back on phone to discuss porch interviews. Hodges says the guy on the porch was typical C.W. The nervous rocking back and forth was him. Arms crossed, he was a shy guy. He’d do that. The part that seemed strange was the laugh, that was creepish, and never knew him to lie.
I could kiss you for posting this! thanks :)

Ok, let's say she does make disparaging remarks about CW: its no justification to murder her and the kids. A normal person would file for divorce, even if the wife said no. Millions of husbands and wives are ribbed or insulted many times during a marriage but they either stay and work things out or get a divorce. They (usually) don't murder their wife, toddlers and unborn son.
It's certainly not justification for murder. It may be a reason. I'm not saying that it was his reason but a possibility.

Doing a few loads of laundry between 1:48 am and the time he left @ 5:15 am was the last thing on his mind. Based on the house floor plan he may have stored his family in the mud room?

It was a lot more than smack talk in some of the videos. There were disparaging remarks throughout. One that comes to mind is when she whispers to her audience that her husband is a genius, he doesn't listen.

This has about been beaten to death, but I think it’s a matter of interpretation. I don’t understand the relevance.

CW proved himself to be most selfish when he made no attempt to get help for his dying children, and while they lay there dying, he simply worried how it would look for him and how he could conceal it. He could have gotten them help and he didn’t. He didn’t save them

I don’t know how her Facebook posts help anyone to understand that. If he didn’t love her, fine. But it’s been claimed he loved his children, yet his actions say the complete opposite.

I'm sorry if it comes across like I'm putting words in your mouth, I'm challenging your theory.

In your scenario, SW wants freedom to run a successful business and yet, CW had enough freedom to have at least one affair, maybe more. That doesn't sound fair to me.
SW wanted to be home for her children and make a good living, is that a crime? Maybe it was unrealistic but CW having affairs wasn't going to solve the problem, he could have left the family and proceed with a divorce, that's not uncommon.

Why would a sane person choose to speak to their spouse at 4 am about a separation, why the urgency? If we believe his story, he created the chaotic situation and then, had to cover it up. It just doesn't hold water, imo.

I, too, wonder how he could have had an emotional conversation at 4 or 5 in the morning (he claimed both to the investigating officers-where they were both crying, of course). Then go downstairs, come back up, see his wife actively strangling CeCe (why didn't he stop her- she must have still been alive at this point?), strangle SW, and load all three (4 including baby Nico) into his work truck in 27 minutes?

I would think that a intense and emotional conversation would take a little time as well, wouldn't it? Perhaps this is where the additional hour comes in if the conversation began at 4am. Whether you believe his claim about SW strangling her daughters or not, CW's timeline does not make much sense to me.

At this point, I am still leaning towards believing his "story" is inaccurate. But I'm not an investigator, and privy to all of the evidence that was collected. I'm assuming they don't believe his story either- thus the reason for the charges brought against him.

I understand what you are saying about defiling a body and treating a body with respect. I get it! But here is what I dont get! You have a person, that has just strangled the life out of a woman that he supposedly loved. Probably did the same with the children - that is yet to be decided! But in the court of opinion he is guilty! So why do you expect a person that has just committed premeditated murder of at least one person, to care how he disposes of the bodies? He was trying to find a place to conceal what he had done! He needed to do it quickly. What better place than the oil field that he was quite familiar with. He knew it was a remote location, he had access to it, so he did it! IMO, he had not given a lot of thought to this part of his plan. If this is truly premeditated and not done in a rage!

Thank you for posting this. That's exactly what I've been thinking. Everyone is so upset that he put the girls in the oil tanks, but at that point, the worst of the worst was already done. I feel confident that he had the burial site planned out in advance, and probably thought of what a genius he was to put them in the tanks. IMO.

AB 9/18/18

Viewer Questions

Hmmmmm. So if this behavior was completely out of the ordinary for CW should we assume that something or someone has changed his behavior? Someone like an AP?? I've watched a lot of documentaries on ID and very often the man kills his family when there is another woman (or man) on the side.

I’ve been busy at work and have fallen way behind on here - was intending to catch up before posting, but that just doesn’t seem possible...

This is an exceptionally complicated case. I have never had any kind of personal experience with a case involving multiple murders where a defendant admits to killing one victim - and claims the victim killed the others. Add the dearth of known facts and the prevalence of social media - and I can totally understand why this case discussion is getting so heated. However, we are all here for the same reason - we want to know what happened. Maybe we will find out - and in that case, some will be right and some will be wrong. Or maybe we won’t ever know what really took place that night. I hope that’s not the case, but it’s possible.

I was asked for my thoughts on whether - based solely on the current known facts - I thought C.W. would be convicted for his daughters’ deaths. I hedged that answer a little bit - in part because when it comes to legal matters, it really *does* always depend...two situations are never the same. Change the facts slightly and you may get a different result. I also wanted to wait until I could give a slightly more detailed answer - so here it is. It’s not “pro-“ or “anti-“ either SW or CW - and it steers clear of pretty much any Monday morning quarterbacking if either of their parenting skills or decisions, documented forever thanks to social media.

Anyway - we have the initial charges brought by the prosecution. They want to cover their bases - so they might as well start with the most difficult to prove (first degree murder). If they can’t prove a required element, they can always go for a lesser included offense. Yes, they have to have some basis for the charges - but the fact that charges were brought does not mean that CW is guilty. Far from it. They will have to present additional evidence later on, to see if there’s enough to go to trial... and even *then*, it doesn’t mean he’s guilty - that’s where the trial comes in.

The affidavit lays out the basic evidence relied upon to support his arrest. It does not cover everything - a lot of details are missing, and IMO those details are pretty critical to the potential outcome of this case. We just don’t know what those are, right now. Then we likely have additional evidence gathered by LE - electronic, GPS, postmortems, forensics.

The trial. As you’ve seen on this site, the same exact facts can be viewed very differently by different people. Some people watch a video and reach one conclusion while others reach the opposite conclusions. It’s amazing, actually. Jurors are going to be the exact same way. Each juror will agree to take the evidence and apply it to the legal framework, as instructed, in reaching the verdict. But people are complicated, and reasonable minds may differ (wildly). Jury selection is probably my favorite part of the trial - and one of the most important parts, too. Each potential juror arrives with a wealth of background experience and knowledge that most definitely impacts their view of the case. I spend a LOT of time on jury selection. I take extensive notes... read facial expressions and body language... attempt to ask questions in *just* the right way, in order to reveal possible hidden biases - or allegiances (that otherwise may be denied, if asked directly). I want jurors who are open minded and reasonable - who will listen to the facts and the law and make their decision within that framework. Jurors who take their role seriously, who don’t go home at the end of the day and talk to their spouse or family about what they’ve heard.

The trial itself is about creating a compelling story that aligns with the evidence. It has to be reasonable and pass the common sense test.

So here, for example, take the few facts we actually KNOW. The prosecution will tell one story - how C.W. killed his entire family. What about the defense? I have a potential storyline that fits with everything we know so far, but I don’t want to upset people so after having second thoughts, I’m not going to post it now - but it exists - and i think it can be pretty compelling.
I clearly have an opinion that matches the prosecution’s account, but welcome your thoughts otherwise if it’s based on facts. Above all, this is supposed to be a forum where we can discuss different theories. I for one only take exception when theories are based on speculation about the victim and not facts. Ditto the defendant, though admittedly I have speculated the role the AP played in his motives. I’m way behind on reading all the posts but if you haven’t already expounded on your theory, and it fits w/published facts I encourage you to share it.

The problem as I see it is that there can be 2 very different versions of the same event, both from people who were there, but only one counts.

One by a person who was there and is still living, therefore that version is considered fact or final here via insider or VI.
One version by a murder victim who had posted her own account of said issue in a private group, and SM post quotes or screenshots of that type aren't allowed here.

On the subject of the sheer hypocrisy of the defense demanding their own DNA expert to collect extra evidence from the girls necks, etc, yet trying to block collection of his palm prints and DNA as being unconstitutional or a violation of his rights, it's just despicable. But at least that has been consistent from his actions from day one IMO. Get away with as much as you can, blame as much as you can.

If it’s true that CW wouldn’t let SW talk to the girls, I don’t think NA or SW in their wildest dreams thought CW would have hurt them. Probably that he was just being obstinate. If they suspected for a second the girls might be hurt, I think they would have had the police or a friend do a wellness check before the wheels of the plane left AZ.

I do believe if NA had suspected the girls were hurt she would have gone inside w/SW and that we’d be talking about 5 people dead, not 4.
Please don't tell me people are suggesting this woman should have known they were in danger and negligent because she didn't do anything.....

These being the same people who tried to get the judge to tell the ME to take DNA from the necks of the girls?
The judge likely denied both parties' motions because he evaluated the probative value of swabbing the girls' necks for parental prints, against the prejudice this evidence could pose to either parent. In this case, either parent's prints could be on one or both girls' necks, as well as on other parts of their bodies. This would only prove that one or both parents touched the girls' necks, or bodies, in the areas swabbed, unless there are bruises ripe for fingerprint/palm print analysis. So, there is little probative value in this evidence, but the possibility of great prejudice to the parent whose prints might incidentally be on the girls' necks.

@Mrspratcher

“It’s hard for me to believe he really cared about them when he dumped them in oil tanks, and left them floating within said oil tanks for four days”.

When my sister’s baby died of cot death, he was the first immediate family member to pass away. With my sister’s blessing, my parents bought a plot on either side of him for themselves so he “wouldn’t be alone” and they chose the spot with great care.

We did the same when our little dog died a few months ago. She hated the heat and so we chose a lovely spot in the garden with plenty of shade.

That’s why I find the location he chose to “dump” his 2 little innocent girls as if they were garbage so horrific. Maybe I’m overly sentimental but that’s not a bad thing when you’re talking about those you love and cherish.

@JudgeJudy it broke my heart when I first heard of it. Justice for Cece, Bella, Shann’ann; and their friends and families.

I, too, wonder how he could have had an emotional conversation at 4 or 5 in the morning (he claimed both to the investigating officers-where they were both crying, of course). Then go downstairs, come back up, see his wife actively strangling CeCe (why didn't he stop her- she must have still been alive at this point?), strangle SW, and load all three (4 including baby Nico) into his work truck in 27 minutes?

I would think that a intense and emotional conversation would take a little time as well, wouldn't it? Perhaps this is where the additional hour comes in if the conversation began at 4am. Whether you believe his claim about SW strangling her daughters or not, CW's timeline does not make much sense to me.

At this point, I am still leaning towards believing his "story" is inaccurate. But I'm not an investigator, and privy to all of the evidence that was collected. I'm assuming they don't believe his story either- thus the reason for the charges brought against him.
SW is pregnant and probably exhausted. She's 15 weeks along and tired after flights/delays and all she wants to do is kiss her girls and tuck them in, shower, then get to bed as she has a busy day ahead. I'm sure CW saw SW on the baby monitor kissing the girls and tucking in the covers *if* they were alive at that time and not already murdered. He may have seen SW tend to the girls on the baby monitor many times before. That's where he may have gotten the idea to say she was strangling them. I doubt SW wanted to have an "emotional" conversation at 4-5am either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro