Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning.

31431477_10155393402951935_2596021675591103017_n.jpg

Then why not just put the gas in before you leave?

Because if it's sitting in the garage it's probably old lawn mower gas and you'd only do that with no alternative? I do think Sark06 could be right about alternate disposal method. But setting a fire at an oil field would probably draw unwanted attention pretty quickly. Could be that he was in a panic and just tossing in anything he thought he might need.

I wonder this too, or perhaps he even planned to use the gas can (I’d like to know if it was full) after work that day, but was foiled by NUA. Might explain why he left things behind at the oil site which seems very sloppy - at least a sheet and a bag that we know of, if he was going to burn it all.

Very risky though, even with such a remote location someone could call it in, but people use fire all the time to try and coverup crimes.
Here in Texas, people burn trash, hedge trimmings, etc., all the time and no one pays attention. Don't know about Colorado.

Maybe the gas was to help loosen bolts? Yes, there are sprays, but if he had none on hand he might not have wanted to purchase something he felt was obvious. A gas purchase would be innocuous.

Because if it's sitting in the garage it's probably old lawn mower gas and you'd only do that with no alternative? I do think Sark06 could be right about alternate disposal method. But setting a fire at an oil field would probably draw unwanted attention pretty quickly. Could be that he was in a panic and just tossing in anything he thought he might need.
I believe I read somewhere the truck was a Super Duty and used diesel.

Here in Texas, people burn trash, hedge trimmings, etc., all the time and no one pays attention. Don't know about Colorado.

Maybe the gas was to help loosen bolts? Yes, there are sprays, but if he had none on hand he might not have wanted to purchase something he felt was obvious. A gas purchase would be innocuous.

Yes it depends on the area. I work for the fire brigade, we have a lot a lot of bushfires in summer here in Australia so people will regularly call in any smoke sighting at the time of year. The location was very remote though - someone did a YouTube video driving to the site, it was much more remote than I had imagined.

I'm just amazed that his neighbors camera had such sensitivity to pick all that up, and he was too stu*** to not put his back of his truck at least somewhat into the garage,and clean garage out first, so that he could do that when he was loading up stuff.

What I find particularly funny about the "I was protecting her reputation" story is that his alternate plan was to allow people to think she stole his children and disappeared forever in retaliation for his divorce request. It just makes zero sense.

Agreed, I posted the same thought earlier. “Protecting her rep” is laughable.

In his sick head I think he worried that she would have gotten some sympathy with the “she killed the girls” lie. - “She risked her health and life to get pregnant again and then he cheated on her and said he wanted to separate?! Of course she had a terrible shock! Pregnancy hormones and rage!”

Which is why, MOO, he chose to portray her as a mean, bitter, shrew who would deny him the love and adoration of his children. You know. He was a “hero” in their eyes. He sure seemed to take great pleasure in his interviews like he was going to be some Hollywood star (and ACTION!
the protagonist, CW, smiles gently into the camera, puffs his chest, flexes his arms, and says “it’s a ghost town... screen fades to black and he whispers to himself-I’m free.)

(of course, I totally believe that evidence would prove he killed them all.)

Yes it depends on the area. I work for the fire brigade, we have a lot a lot of bushfires in summer here in Australia so people will regularly call in any smoke sighting at the time of year. The location was very remote though - someone did a YouTube video driving to the site, it was much more remote than I had imagined.
We do have burn bans here in Texas sometimes and people will report smoke.

Yes, the remoteness surprised me too.

Whaaa? What in the world does that mean? The AP?
I am, again, 4 pages behind.
So I will most likely be reading the answers when I reach the end. Lol o_O
Thanks in advance for the answers. :)

Thanks, because I too am confused sometimes when I get back in here. Sorry about that. So this shows that SW got a Protection From Abuse order from CW? Her family had to know something especially since she spent five weeks there without him. OMG.
So sorry Molly, I missed answering you back last night.
AP= Affair partner, not protection order. :)

Murder Suspect Chris Watts Made His Startling Confession 'After Speaking with His Dad': Police

First, according to police, Chris, 33, said he and Shan’ann, 34, had a “civil” but “emotional” conversation about him wanting to separate after nearly six years of marriage.

Later he corrected himself: The conversation about their marriage was at 4 a.m. and “they were both upset and crying.”

Both stories ended the same way: Shan’ann said she was going to go see a friend that day. No, Chris did not know this friend’s name.

Two days after Shan’ann’s disappearance, authorities discovered something crucial that Chris had kept secret: He was allegedly having an affair with a co-worker.

CW left her phone , purse, computers, medicine , car , suitcase, every shred of SW being there. The only evidence implied so far removed was possibly used to transport bodies to the oil field . He admitted to the body disposal. If he was going to burn evidence linking him to the murderwould he not take it with him?

CW left her phone , purse, computers, medicine , car , suitcase, every shred of SW being there. The only evidence implied so far removed was possibly used to transport bodies to the oil field . He admitted to the body disposal. If he was going to burn evidence linking him to the murderwould he not take it with him?
He obviously thought he had lots of time for cleaning up later, he didn't reckon with NAU and her caring and tenacity! The moving of the bodies was hurried, no doubt, because of SW's flight being late. "Oh what tangled webs we weave. . . . ."

This summer, we had fires in California, Oregon, WA, British Columbia and Nevada. I don't know about Colorado, but it was hot everywhere, and I won't be surprised if there were bans on setting up fires in the fields due to weather and conditions. It might have been one reason why he did not go with the fire.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member