Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No problem, Little Fleur. Everyone is just speculating what the defense may come up with.

Fact is he got rid of all three bodies because he didn't want to go to prison. So simple.
Exactly. There was a sole motivation for dumping the bodies of his family, and it was self-preservation.

Here are the verified posters in the Watts Case,

Isalybra - verified friend of Shanann

Trinket78 - verified insider

Colorado303 - verified insider

Amandaa - verified lawyer

Mrspratcher. - verified lawyer

Amandaa and Mrspratcher are posting on the Watts thread, however, anywhere they would like to post as verified lawyers on Websleuths is perfectly fine.

You must treat all verified members on Websleuths with respect. If you don't believe them please scroll past. It is not OK for you to call out a verified member and challenge them as to whether or not they are telling the truth. This includes anything passive aggressive or posting in a way where you tapdance around what you really mean but we can all tell you are questioning the truthfulness of the verified member.

Hey Everyone,

Let's please shut down the accusations and discussion of one of our well respected and trusted VI's OK?

Gitana1 is a verified attorney. She has many opinions and theories to offer us based on her experience.

Gitana does not post as a fact her opinion, theories or anything unless it is actually a fact. It is against our terms of service to post an opinion and say it is a fact.

If you have a problem with Gitana's or anyone's post on Websleuths please send us a report. The report tab is in the lower left-hand corner of the post in question.

Thank you
Tricia

But why would he risk having her go in to find the girls dead while he lay in bed?

IDK, good question. Maybe he thought she would come right to bed. Maybe he wanted to see her reaction. Or maybe he thought she would just look at them on the monitor and be fooled into thinking that they were sleeping. Or maybe he thought she wouldn't go into their rooms but would just look to see if they were in bed. If he murdered them first and hid them someplace like in the garage, then she would have noticed right away that they were missing from their beds and might have gone to look for them elsewhere in the house. She might have found them on her way in too if he had move them to the first floor. I think her being in the garage or downstairs at the time of discovering the girls dead would give her a better chance at running to the neighbors. Once she got upstairs she was essentially trapped by him. JMO.

Yes, he may have been putting on a nice guy act for the rest of the world. Its common in domestic abuse cases for the abuser to act nicely towards everyone else but behind closed doors he is violent towards the spouse. Then everyone says how nice he was and wouldn't harm a fly so he must have been provoked. Kind of like the pitbull defense?
Exactly there are the nicest people you’ll ever meet. When you tell someone whats going on, they don’t believe you. They believe him. They think he is too nice of a guy to do that. They are charmers . That’s how they operate

# 1 theory I think he was already in a bad mood angry, sulking after taking the kids to the party Sun upset SW was returning and once again cramping his freedom. Perhaps the kids threw a temper tantrum after the party about something that set him off into a rage with all that anger and hate he kept hidden for so long spiraled out of control and strangled them to shut them up then knew he had to kill SW and killed her soon after she got through the door.

#2 He waited until all of them fell asleep not sure who was first more than likely SW. He knew the kids were asleep by looking at the baby monitor then tiptoed into their room and strangled them. I’m thinking he could have held a pillow, or sheet over their faces with his knees while using his hands to strangle in order to muffle any screaming for help.

Last edited:
I absolutely agree. There is no way that he would have allowed Shanann to see the bodies of her dead children. Not because he had an ounce of compassion, but because he wouldn’t risk the complete destruction of his plan.

An angry and distraught mother, is a dangerous one.
Yup, her screaming or pressing an alarm/panic button (if they had one) would alert the neighbors. We have witnessed how sneaky, dishonest and cowardly CW's behavior is, so we'll never know (unless he says it during trial) if he taunted SW by telling her he'd killed her girls whilst she was subdued and couldn't move or make a sound. So far, his actions have been mind-boggling. I'm sure there will be more mind-boggling as the facts come out at trial.

Hey Everyone,

Let's please shut down the accusations and discussion of one of our well respected and trusted VI's OK?

Gitana1 is a verified attorney. She has many opinions and theories to offer us based on her experience.

Gitana does not post as a fact her opinion, theories or anything unless it is actually a fact. It is against our terms of service to post an opinion and say it is a fact.

If you have a problem with Gitana's or anyone's post on Websleuths please send us a report. The report tab is in the lower left-hand corner of the post in question.

Thank you
Tricia
I love this forum. I respect everyone's opinion although I don't agree with some. Let's get along with each other.
group-hugging-smiley-emoticon.gif

Just a thought: It not like he couldn't have easily carried her to the bed, stripped off the blankets and top sheets, and wrapped her in the bottom sheet for further transport.
Why not get a new sheet from a cupboard? They looked like they had stuff. Apple Watch. I would think they would have at least another set of sheets

Well said. Also, in killing SW, he also killed Nico, the unborn child. What are the odds you would have both partners react by killing, in a rage?

Yes. And the death of Nico is also an important clue to which one of them wanted the kids to be GONE. Two of his 3 children were deceased. And what is his immediate response? To kill the 3rd one too. Makes no sense, if she was the real killer. I'd think he would do everything in his power to protect his only surviving child. He had plenty of ways to disable/tie up his wife, without strangling and killing her.

He has public defenders? I am surprised Mark Grisgos (sp). Scott Peterson attorney. He loves to be in the spotlight
There are, and it's the stuff of nightmares for junior lawyers. I still remember being berated when I was a first year lawyer at a big law firm for stapling a document the wrong way (horizontal instead of vertical).

The public defenders are very short staffed compared to a private law firm, but the lawyers are usually very good (in most places it is an "honors" placement despite the reputation in the media). Someone used an old template and didn't proofread before filing.
has

Last night I couldn’t quit thinking about these little girls, if they suffered pain and felt fear before they died.

If they were strangled in their sleep, they would have woken up at some point right?

I keep imagining what Shanann might have gone through before she died... did she know her children were dead? Did she witness their murders or see their bodies? Did she suffer any physical pain? She must have been terrified for herself and the girls, and for the life of her unborn baby. I am following WH’s trial right now in Savanna Greywind’s case, so thoughts of Nico and a pregnant mother’s fear and last moments are very fresh on my mind.

Yeah, I have had nighttime horrors too. That one person could have three different occasions of somebody struggling to live at their hand. I just, for the love of *od, cannot fathom it.

ETA, corrected a really bad word that was talk to text when I said the word Horrors! Oh my gosh I'm glad I caught that! I hope nobody quotes me before it was fixed!

Interesting. JM has made me love the idea of gas can evidence. It could be that the truck was low on gas and he didn’t want to stop anywhere - a la JA - and up with video and financial records of it.
Wouldn't it be awesome if he purchased the gas can at Walmart and paid with cash, and kept receipt too? Premeditation!

Yeah, I have had nighttime horrors too. That one person could have three different occasions of somebody struggling to live at their hand. I just, for the love of *od, cannot fathom it.

ETA, corrected a really bad word that was talk to text when I said the word Horrors! Oh my gosh I'm glad I caught that! I hope nobody quotes me before it was fixed!
I saw it before your edit and got a good chuckle. Thanks for that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ptescottsherry