Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just went back and watched those first interviews with CW again, specifically looking for his wedding band, after an astute sleuther brought up that it appeared to be missing, despite previously being seen in all SM postings. (It is missing, btw ~ good catch!) Something else really caught my attention this time, too... Throughout the interview, the dogs seem to be going nuts with their incessant barking! I've never been closely involved with a K9 search team, but wouldn't those highly-trained dogs only be barking like that if they were alerting their handler to something? I think LE knew very early on what happened in that house, and didn't have a rough time breaking CW.

Speaking of quick, strangulation is not a slow way to die that I recall from other cases.

I was looking that up for another WS case I'm following so I already have the screenshots. It's quick.
(I'm in the UK and the stats also show it's one of the most common methods of femicide here.
Unfortunately it also has assisted many killers with a defense claiming no intent, as "I snapped." Sadly the lack of a weapon has also meant it has often resulted in lesser sentences and unfortunately it doesn't even require much pressure due to pressure on the major veins alone can be effective. see screenshot)

Also it's notable that by many criminologists, that any past assault by choking( in a DV setting) is seen as a real red flag re potential murder risk

These shots are from a US site though

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-08-17 at 14.24.20.png
    Screen Shot 2018-08-17 at 14.24.20.png
    240.7 KB · Views: 46
  • Screen Shot 2018-08-17 at 14.22.44.png
    Screen Shot 2018-08-17 at 14.22.44.png
    267.3 KB · Views: 47
I tend to agree with you. Most people I know don't even WANT to be away from home that long! I am curious, too, why a six week vacation with family to be followed up with another trip right away. And I think being away from home with two small children would be difficult. I am curious about the reason behind such a long visit. It doesn'5 seem typical to me, esp. if she had this "perfect life" back in Colorado.
I'm thinking things had become unbearable at home w/ CW and
she was trying to 'stay away' as much as possible. She certainly
seemed to prefer being away vs. being home.

DUH omg brain fart. Sorry forgot about that.

So this might not have anything to do with “females” then...(something I was pondering earlier).

Considering they were having a gender reveal, maybe she had not told him the gender, wanting him to learn it at the gender reveal. I actually thought the mom and dad both found out at the gender reveal (yes I think they are silly, lol). But maybe neither of them knew the gender. After she was killed the person who was "in charge" of the gender reveal let her family know. SW probably had two names already chosen, so they knew what she planned to name a boy. I bet even SW didn't know the gender....that is the whole idea of these gender reveal parties.

I think the gender reveal thing was planned before she left for a month a half

but had a lot of soul searching and family encouraging that they seperate -- they both were destroying each other and there stuff was not good for the kids

in that month and half she might have met a man that could get her away of the hell the two of them created with each other

speculation

Why would you even suggest that Shannan engaged in immoral behavior such as meeting another man, having an affair, etc.? I don't care what people speculate about when it comes to him. He's the perpetrator. She is the victim. So are her children and so is her family.

I think the gender reveal thing was planned before she left for a month a half

but had a lot of soul searching and family encouraging that they seperate -- they both were destroying each other and there stuff was not good for the kids

in that month and half she might have met a man that could get her away of the hell the two of them created with each other

speculation
I don’t think it’s so easy for the pregnant woman with 2 kids to find a man while visiting her parents and while having an affair, texting him a sonogram of a fetus and posting how happy she is to have such a wonderful husband at the same time .

I tend to agree with you. Most people I know don't even WANT to be away from home that long! I am curious, too, why a six week vacation with family to be followed up with another trip right away. And I think being away from home with two small children would be difficult. I am curious about the reason behind such a long visit. It doesn'5 seem typical to me, esp. if she had this "perfect life" back in Colorado.

Agree and I wrote wayyyyy above that is a big red flag to me. Your husband goes for one week and I am sure he had to get back to work and you stay for 5 more weeks with two little kids. IDK not something I would have done unless I did not want to be in my perfect life and home.

I was looking that up for another WS case I'm following so I already have the screenshots. It's quick.
(I'm in the UK and the stats also show it's one of the most common methods of femicide here.
Unfortunately it also has assisted many killers with a defense claiming no intent, as "I snapped." Sadly the lack of a weapon has also meant it has often resulted in lesser sentences and unfortunately it doesn't even require much pressure due to pressure on the major veins alone can be effective. see screenshot)

Also it's notable that by many criminologists, that any past assault by choking( in a DV setting) is seen as a real red flag re potential murder risk

I still 'suspect' her past serious neck trauma/injury was due
to DV by his hands.. She never did explain what happened.

Why? Because if we don’t stroke their egos they might go off the rails and kill? Umm. No. There is nothing at all that Shanann could have done to make this not happen, aside from somehow never being around him again, which isn’t reasonable. No books and no change in her behavior for better or worse would change the outcome.

Why? Because it was something wrong with HIM and not HER.
Exactly. I am beyond stunned when people try to bash the victim.

The big house for sale in NC that she posted twice on her FB-
Now I wonder if that's where she planned to live w/ girls when she left. There was no explanation why she posted it on June 12.
(I had asked earlier if maybe she threatened to move and take the girls out of state...I’m sure we will here all about such potential factors at trial...)

I’m more concerned with his missing purple lupus bracelet which apparently he never took off since she was diagnosed. If Shanann tore it off during a struggle, her dna would be all over it and they may have found that in the trash or something. Idk, it’s just strange. Wife goes missing and so does the bracelet you’ve been wearing for years in support of her illness?

I hope the minds in the investigative team are as sharp as some of the people on WebSleuths. Like did LE notice the wedding ring missing? Did LE even KNOW about the lupus bracelet? It's like we've got hundreds of minds working and they've got half a dozen. I hope they read WS!

Why do I have a feeling that everyone interested in this case is going to know Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About MLM But Were Afraid To Ask? before this is done?

I may be a recent joiner, but I've been reading here since the Scott Peterson days. So many similarities.

ahh

respectfully my friends

we are a bright collection

the notion that a spouse would separate from her rock for 1/12 th of a year with his kids is a trial separation.

good for her trying to get out of the horror relationship the two of them created

for the covert narcissist the biggest fear is abandonment

is that ok that he freaked and murdered people no

of course not

clinically does the tragedy make sense to me

well yeh

i think the neighbors were huge here

they were compelling kind people - so wounded by who they were

i think the whole thing as it relates to his acknowledging what happened is them

not the father

they were so understanbly devastated

it is betrayal for them

this robbed their kids from there kids friends

they are so lost

can you imagine if someone you had in your house accidentally slipped or confessed to you that he put your kids favorite playmates in oil

to me - they are alive -- they are gonna be seriously traumatized by this for the rest of their existence

and her husband seemed really emotionally available

devasting stuff

ugh

Last edited:

In Texas (and probably other states) family violence by strangulation or suffocation is a third-degree felony.

Thrive Healthy Fit Mom on Instagram: “Addy Molony challenged me to share something that I am grateful for everyday until Dec 1st. Today I'm grateful for my husband Chris, he is…”

Just an observation that may have already been mentioned. In Shanann's instagram photos, her husband faithfully wears, on his right wrist, a purple rubber bracelet supporting Lupus. Looking all the way back to 2014 on her IG photos, he wore that bracelet. He wasn't wearing when he did that news interview when she was missing, though. Again, just an observation. He was deliberate in removing that symbol from his wrist.

I just went back and watched those first interviews with CW again, specifically looking for his wedding band, after an astute sleuther brought up that it appeared to be missing, despite previously being seen in all SM postings. (It is missing, btw ~ good catch!) Something else really caught my attention this time, too... Throughout the interview, the dogs seem to be going nuts with their incessant barking! I've never been closely involved with a K9 search team, but wouldn't those highly-trained dogs only be barking like that if they were alerting their handler to something? I think LE knew very early on what happened in that house, and didn't have a rough time breaking CW.

Giving him the benefit on that one. If he worked on a site he’d not have been able to wear wedding rings. It’s likely considering his job that he only wore it sometimes, if at all, if he even had one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298