Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #41

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would personally be going insane with just a bible to read to pass the time. I am really surprised that books are not allowed, given he is not yet in prison (not convicted). I know he is under suicide watch, but surely they could come up with some approved reading lists. Parts of the Bible are pretty dark, actually, from what I have been told.
I'm surprised it didn't burst into flames when he touched it...

Chris Watts Has a Family Picture in His Jail Cell, Says Source: 'He Has Nothing To do But Reflect'

His cell is no less sparse. PEOPLE has learned that the 33-year-old has just two personal effects: a Bible and a photo of his wife and children, 34-year-old Shan’ann Watts and girls Bella, 4, and Celeste, 3 — the same people he allegedly killed.

At a joint memorial service for Shan’ann and her daughters in August, she was remembered as “a woman of love.”

“She loved God, her family and her friends,” Father John Forbes told the mourners. “She was a woman of determination. She had dreams to be fulfilled, and she worked towards to those dreams. She wanted to make a difference. She wanted to be an exceptional wife and mother.”
Wow. I'm not even sure what to think about this.

Chris Watts Has a Family Picture in His Jail Cell, Says Source: 'He Has Nothing To do But Reflect'

His cell is no less sparse. PEOPLE has learned that the 33-year-old has just two personal effects: a Bible and a photo of his wife and children, 34-year-old Shan’ann Watts and girls Bella, 4, and Celeste, 3 — the same people he allegedly killed.

At a joint memorial service for Shan’ann and her daughters in August, she was remembered as “a woman of love.”

“She loved God, her family and her friends,” Father John Forbes told the mourners. “She was a woman of determination. She had dreams to be fulfilled, and she worked towards to those dreams. She wanted to make a difference. She wanted to be an exceptional wife and mother.”
Not that this matters but out of curiosity, does anyone know if this is typical behavior of previous family annihilators; to have the bible and a family photo in the cell? I'm thinking the bible, yes but a family photo, no.

Even if he buried them on a beautiful mountaintop in their blankets instead of dropping them in an oil tank I would feel the same. Because for me, it’s the fact he didn’t call 911 and instead hid all of their bodies and told so many lies the next day while standing there so calm. IMO. I just can’t make the leap that he hid their bodies and lied because he panicked and was scared. Yeah scared to get caught. That’s the only conclusion I can come to right now. The fact he has their family photo in his cell frankly makes me sick.

Hopefully that means he's going to plead guilty and end this travesty.

Not that this matters but out of curiosity, does anyone know if this is typical behavior of previous family annihilators; to have the bible and a family photo in the cell? I'm thinking the bible, yes but a family photo, no.
Maybe the Bible is all that is allowed when under suicide watch? Kinda like a motel room...lol. For the photo, I agree with Jennifer, defense strategy IMO.

I have a query for a lot of posters here as I see this mentioned a lot.

what difference does it make whether chris discarded the girls easily into the oil tanks or with difficulty?

for me it its a moot point.
him disposing of his dead children in those tanks to hide it is equally despicable whether he had trouble getting them in there or not.

I'm not seeing the relevance.
the decision to do it is the important part for me.
once he committed to doing it how much trouble it was to get them in there isn't a factor of guilt premed or meanness.
they were dead now and he was simply eliminating their presence.

jmo

Maybe the Bible is all that is allowed when under suicide watch? Kinda like a motel room...lol. For the photo, I agree with Jennifer, defense strategy IMO.

Interesting that a Bible is allowed. If he were not a Christian, I wonder if other spiritual texts would be allowed? I am jaded, though. I think defense is using the Bible as a ruse-look at what a sad, remorseful, spiritual man he is! God is forgiving...

I have a query for a lot of posters here as I see this mentioned a lot.

what difference does it make whether chris discarded the girls easily into the oil tanks or with difficulty?

for me it its a moot point.
him disposing of his dead children in those tanks to hide it is equally despicable whether he had trouble getting them in there or not.

I'm not seeing the relevance.
the decision to do it is the important part for me.
once he committed to doing it how much trouble it was to get them in there isn't a factor of guilt premed or meanness.
they were dead now and he was simply eliminating their presence.

jmo
I absolutely agree. Disposing their bodies in oil, shows a complete disregard for them.

This was about concealment, plain and simple. If he had to manipulate their bodies in order to do this, I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised.

He wasn’t looking out for them, he was trying to get them out of the way in order to save himself. What a sicko.

I don't know if it's typical behavior, but Dunham took all the family photos he was in. I've never seen that particular aspect included in any studies.
10 Notorious Cases of Familicide - Oddee

AB 9/08/18
1. New clues found in SW’s online FB videos? Nov 2016 video - SW’s makeup tutorial. SW says, “He does whatever I tell him to.” People online are tearing each video apart. In video, CW does children’s laundry, agrees to wash his face for SW’s how to facial video. What woman doesn’t want a husband like CW? He’s so sweet. But 3 years later SW and kids are dead. Maybe this video shows a crack in their relationship. Psychologist, Greg Cason explains there are problems evident in video. In this video you see SW’s style is domineering. She could have been the leader in the relationship, and CW was the follower, and one day he cracked. Cason doesn’t see her as a perpetrator, it was just the nature of the relationship that they had created together. CW may have buried quite a bit inside, and put his own needs aside. He was probably a great guy until he wasn’t.
2. Played video where SW says she’s the high strung, the dominant one, and C.W. is the sweet, calm one. SW says they have a great relationship, and she is happy. For awhile it worked for C.W., but he buried something deep inside. He chose to go along with what SW wanted and have the “perfect” life.
3. AB played another video where SW discussed putting CW off for 6 months before agreeing to go out with him. She talked about her prior difficult marriage and awful divorce that took a lot out of her, her confidence, her financial stability, her self esteem. After her marriage ended she believed she was inferior. She was so happy to find C.W.
4. Are SW’s videos helpful to Prosecution or the Defense? Both sides can find useful information in them and can find ways to spin them to their advantage. It’s nearly impossible to be reasonable as a juror and to imagine the mom in these videos strangled her children.
5. It will be an uphill climb to get these videos introduced as evidence. Defense Attorney, Kenya Johnson explains they will have to lay the foundation that these are reliable videos and that they haven’t been tampered with in any way. CW deleted his videos, so they can’t be shown.
6. CW loaded bodies into back seat of his work truck. How did police find the oil field where CW took them? The “1139” on the back window of CW’s truck makes it look like it’s part of a company fleet. (See photo of 1139 on CW’s truck) It is very likely that the Police were able to get tracking information about CW’s whereabouts off his work truck from Anadarko on that morning SW and the children first went missing. AB discovered that Anadarko uses the Rovr device (realtime operational vehicle reporting) to track company trucks. Rovr tracking features are 1. Real-time Movements. 2. Weekly Driver Scorecards. 3. Trip Reports. This system can tell when C.W. arrived at oil field, how long he was there, and when he left. LE had a drone at the site and discovered the abandoned sheet and the freshly dug shallow grave before CW’s confession . It’s possible that CW could have disconnected the Rovr device, but Anadarko would have been notified immediately if he did. These devices are nearly 100% reliable.
8. The first thing Law enforcement would do when called by a father to report his missing family would be to go directly to his workplace to find out if his movements were traceable. Rovr tracking (GPS) relies on satellite, and is much better than cellphone tower pings from a cellphone.
9. CW has fans. Women have been writing love letters to him, claiming to have called his parents, saying his parents love him and still support him. People from all over the world are reaching out to him. Psychologist explains these women as insecure, and they’re seeking power and affiliation.
Viewer Questions
1. Where are any defense wounds on his physical body from his wife, if he strangled her like he says? If he strangled her out of a fit of rage, from the front, he would be marked in some way, don’t you think? Police look for that right away. Would check SW’s nails for DNA. He could have knocked her out first. He could have been wearing clothing that protected him.
2. Could SW have come home and decided to sleep on the couch because she knew CW was having an affair since he said he wanted to go through with the separation? And while she was sleeping, perhaps the phone was lodged into the cushions and she quite possibly could have been killed while she was sleeping on that couch? Possible theory. Something to consider. Both Prosecution and Defense will consider many theories. (See photo of couch)
3. As disgusting as this crime is, is it possible CW can claim insanity, again blaming SW, for trying to live up to the “perfect” life she tried to portray led him to do what he did? Psychologist explains, insanity is a legal defense, and you have to say you have some kind of mental disorder, whether temporary or permanent, that you didn’t know the wrongfulness of the act at the time you committed the act. No evidence that C.W. has a mental disorder, and he did understand the wrongfulness of the act at the time. It seems more sociopathic. There’s another kind of defense, the “irresistible impulse” defense which you do see once in awhile. The accused did know the wrongfulness of the act, but they couldn’t help but do what they did. This was used in the Twinkie defense. Psychologist says he doesn’t see how they can use that defense in this case. Insanity and incompetence are defenses the courts are used to seeing, but it’s going to take a lot of professional psychological testimony to establish that defense. If you are standing on your front porch giving interviews saying help me find my wife after dumping their bodies in an oil field, you know right from wrong.

Attachments

• 1E6B1A19-C15A-43F7-9B3F-D97803D9426D.jpeg
    1E6B1A19-C15A-43F7-9B3F-D97803D9426D.jpeg
    95.4 KB · Views: 65
  • 423732A3-2613-46A4-B73F-458704AB53E6.jpeg
    423732A3-2613-46A4-B73F-458704AB53E6.jpeg
    114.1 KB · Views: 66
Interesting that a Bible is allowed. If he were not a Christian, I wonder if other spiritual texts would be allowed? I am jaded, though. I think defense is using the Bible as a ruse-look at what a sad, remorseful, spiritual man he is! God is forgiving...

I am sure other texts would probably be allowed but I do agree that it’s no accident that we know he has a Bible and family photo in his cell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman