Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #42

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great point, SW is being judged quite heavily and unfairly in my opinion from her videos.

You mean from about four videos out of hundreds of social media posts including videos that show her holding her babies, praising them, praising her husband, picking up her child early from school for special mommy-daughter dates, bringing a cake to the preschool and lovingly gazing at CeCe as she sings happy birthday to her, playing with them, laughing with them, fondly rolling her eyes and laughing at their antics, describing her pride in them, her worries for them, her hopes for them, her fears for them, her dreams for them, her deep love of them.

But I think sometimes people are just desperate to find something they think could be nasty and focus on that to the exclusion of all that's beautiful.

Yep, brace yourself for that one. SP's sister-in-law said the jury convicted him because of all the evidence of adultery. o_O
MOO

Cheating on a spouse is negligible, and far more common than people acknowledge. It is quite a leap from infidelity, to murder. A man who cheats on a spouse may be more likely to kill his spouse, but infidelity is hardly causation or correlation to family annihilation.

It has not been studied much but this suggests it is possible to feel pain while unconscious: https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2008/10/unconscious-brain-still-registers-pain

However, the above study mostly addresses people in a persistent vegetative state or temporarily in a coma. My opinion is that while the girls brains may have registered pain neurologically (in accordance with the above study), since their brains never woke up again they would not have a chance to remember the pain (i.e. regain consciousness) and technically they never had to experience it. However, had they been revived before brain death they would suddenly be in a lot of pain from the damage done to their bodies. The method CW chose to use was not a mostly painless nor merciful death. It is terrifying. JMO.

From the get-go, I have thought that he actually smothered the children. I can't imagine any reason to strangle a BOTH versus smothering both of them, minimally at least one of them.

When you strangle someone, often they actually pass out due to lack of blood to their brain within 15 seconds or more. But if you are smothering somebody, they are going to be alive and fighting to get their breath for much longer in my opinion.

I've read up on strangulation on the internet, and it appears that many times there actually is no bruising as we think of the bruising and broken hyoid bones we hear about often. Actually, it doesn't happen all the time. Imho

Cheating on a spouse is negligible, and far more common than people acknowledge. It is quite a leap from infidelity, to murder. A man who cheats on a spouse may be more likely to kill his spouse, but infidelity is hardly causation or correlation to family annihilation.

When a murder occurs, it speaks as to motive, IMO. To have an active affair going.

Of course cheaters don't often murder. Nor do people in bad financial straights often rob banks. But it goes to motive and fits a profile. And, should your spouse or family go missing or turn up dead, it is NOT advisable to lie to the police about any said affairs, financial straights, etc. FAs often kill to hide secrets and free themselves from responsibility, IMO.

Did an alleged AP say that CW was into asphyxiation? Was that ever verified? If that is true, isn’t it too much of a coincidence that his family was strangled?

Makes me wonder if the act of strangling them was pleasurable for him.

(Ugh, I hate even typing that!)
Hmmm, why did SW have that neck brace at one time?

Hello everyone,

This thread is closing and will reopen when there is fresh news to discuss. The TOS violations in this case are too numerous to keep up with in addition to all of the other active threads on WS. Unfortunately, although rules and guidelines have been clearly spelled out for this case discussion, a great number of posters are unable or unwilling to follow the rules. Rather than banning nearly everyone from posting in the Watts threads, it seems wiser to take a break until there is something new to discuss.

Should any news break in the next few days in this case, such as the release of the autopsy reports, for example, please alert on this post and we will open a new discussion thread.

In the meantime, for anyone interested, we have just reopened the discussion thread for the Delphi Murders (the murders of Abby Williams and Libby German). Unlike this case, no one has been arrested for the murders of those two teenagers. We could use fresh eyes and fresh ideas in that case. Their killer has been walking free since he murdered the girls on February 13, 2017. Please consider joining the discussion. Here's the link:

Found Deceased - IN - Abby Williams and Libby German/The Delphi Murders

I have opened a new discussion thread. All of the previous rules for this case remain in place. We are opening the discussion again because there have been several court filings and motions made by both the prosecution and the defense over the past several days.

Please continue the discussion in Thread #43.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spicytaco46