Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The police knew he had a mistress, though he denied it initially. How does everyone think the police knew about the mistress?

My guess is from neighbor’s survellience system(s). I would think that would be one of the first things they’d check (looking for signs of SW/the girls/an intruder etc.). Then probably confirmed through cell records, though don’t those take a day or so?

My guess would be cellphone records. I'm sure it showed multiple texts/calls at all hours of the day and night.

I'm sure his cellphone records and pings were the very 1st thing cops pulled after they were reported missing.

That's a good point, too. We still don't know if the affair was with someone he worked with at the gas company or at Le-Vel

That's also possible. If it is true that CW grilled-out the day before, his mistress may have been there and her car seen on video.
I don't think CW would entertain a mistress at his residence with neighbors around and his daughter's. It was reported that a neighbor saw him grilling sometime on Sunday likely after the birthday party. If she had seen a woman there other then SW, she would have spoken about it in the interview.

That's also possible. If it is true that CW grilled-out the day before, his mistress may have been there and her car seen on video.
That's possible. I'm thinking this guy has a huge ego and a big, expensive house and that he would love nothing more than to try to big-time his gf with his nice house. I found it very interesting about the master bedroom sheets. Maybe he was afraid there would be evidence of the gf on those sheets and that is why tossed one of the sheets in the garbage and thought he'd have time to dispose of it later?

If she’s a coworker- I think she would’ve known he’s married- HOWEVER- perhaps he lied and said “oh it’s over, she’s moving out” and so the five weeks away- it made sense to the GF. Perhaps they spent day and night together and this made it seem real.

My guess is from neighbor’s survellience system(s). I would think that would be one of the first things they’d check (looking for signs of SW/the girls/an intruder etc.). Then probably confirmed through cell records, though don’t those take a day or so?
Not so easy to positively id someone from a neighbour's surveillance system, though. You don't necessarily get a view of their license plate number, or can't read it if you do.

Yes, Let us hope the surveillance recordings go back at least a few weeks. Certainly CW's cell phone would be an excellent resource. Certainly the testimony of co-workers who might have been aware of CW's dalliance. However, we don't know if the co-worker is from the oil company or Thrive, right?

I don't think CW would entertain a mistress at his residence with neighbors around and his daughter's. It was reported that a neighbor saw him grilling sometime on Sunday likely after the birthday party. If she had seen a woman there other then SW, she would have spoken about it in the interview.

True - but he is a very arrogant guy and he thinks he's very smart. I'm wondering if the mistress visited his house when SW and the girls were in NC and he opened the garage door so she could hide her car in the garage. He apparently wasn't aware his neighbor's security camera was pointed directly at his garage. I think police were viewing footage from the neighbor's security camera within a day of the "disappearance". IDK but just my thoughts on how the police may have known so early on that he had a mistress.

Not so easy to positively id someone from a neighbour's surveillance system, though. You don't necessarily get a view of their license plate number, or can't read it if you do.
If survelliance system didn't record license plate number, it may have picked up make and model of AP's car if she visited him at home.

Last edited:
I am knew to this but what about a lie detector. Say they offered him one and he refused. Can that be used in court?

In this digital age it would be next to impossible to hide a secret girlfriend from LE.

I still can't comprehend his ridiculous story. If it were even a half truth, he would have been distraught. There would have been evidence of sobbing and distress. He didn't even look tired. He's been cool as a cucumber and unconcerned throughout.

He clearly had to make up that story on the spot when presented with damning evidence from LE. Whatever his original plan was, it was completely derailed by Nickole. Now he has to stick with this stupid story. No jury will buy it, he's finished.

That's a good point, too. We still don't know if the affair was with someone he worked with at the gas company or at Le-Vel
Numerous reports state that the affair was with a co worket has been reported that it was a co worker who he was having an affair with.
(C&P from @CM0709 previous #6 thread)

"Maybe the Mistress cheated on him with someone else. SW came home they argued he was already upset about fighting with mistress and he took it out on SW"

I think youre on to something here which perhaps sent him into a rage:

What if.. girlfriend ends it that day bcoz she's realised he's married with kids, pregnant wife etc ( By a few accounts Shanann knew he was having an affair, maybe they were to deal with that when she got back from her trip?)

But he's already blown a gasket bcoz he was rejected and killed the children (you know, bcoz he has that pesky family not bcoz he's a cheating ) then naturally has to kill his wife bcoz its her fault too. Just random thoughts..

(Edited bcoz I found the original posters name)
Maybe SW discovered about the mistress and who she was and then contact her herself via text/call while away on business trip? enraging CW? maybe that coincides with CW's Facebook deletion so SW could not investigate or contact his friends and/or mistress who may have known about affair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
froggy4