Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That was my initial thought SW was reaching out to women on SM or questioning him about them and he got mad deleted facebook. Then she looked up phone numbers on phone bill contacted other woman and he found out on her plane ride home waited up for her. Maybe started a chain of events, she contacts other woman asks if she is having an affair with her husband, other woman contacts CW tells him wife knows he is mad and it all blows up while she is not yet home.

That’s sad if SW felt the need to do that. When you feel like you need to go through someone’s phone, it’s a wrap imo

That being said, it’s not as easy as it used to be to just look at a phone bill and see who’s texting who. If two people have iPhones and have iMessage turned on, their texts aren’t going to come up on the bill. Well, at least with my phone carrier. And it’s very rare for people our age to actually make phone calls. Everything is text.

Idk what his job position was, but it’s possible he had a work phone which he also used to communicate with the girlfriend. SW wouldn’t have access to those phone bills.

I mean, SW was all over social media. Her job depended on access to her phone and taking order thru text and social media. If she got C.W. involved in that thrive thing, I think she would expect him to have random numbers in his phone and to be having random text convos. Nature of the business. Their livelihood literally depended on it. Otherwise they’d be stuck with some pretty hefty car payments.

That’s sad if SW felt the need to do that. When you feel like you need to go through someone’s phone, it’s a wrap imo

That being said, it’s not as easy as it used to be to just look at a phone bill and see who’s texting who. If two people have iPhones and have iMessage turned on, their texts aren’t going to come up on the bill. Well, at least with my phone carrier. And it’s very rare for people our age to actually make phone calls. Everything is text.

Idk what his job position was, but it’s possible he had a work phone which he also used to communicate with the girlfriend. SW wouldn’t have access to those phone bills.

I mean, SW was all over social media. Her job depended on access to her phone and taking order thru text and social media. If she got C.W. involved in that thrive thing, I think she would expect him to have random numbers in his phone and to be having random text convos. Nature of the business. Their livelihood literally depended on it. Otherwise they’d be stuck with some pretty hefty car payments.
When women have an intuition about something they will find a way to find out the information they need. Plus if he worked in rural remote areas with no wifi the messages could go through as regular texts. People still talk on the phone especially if he drives for his job he could be calling her while driving from one location to the next.

Keep in mind that there are now apps such as Whatsapp which obscure with whom you're texting, because it's technically not SMS and instead uses data/wifi and would never show up on a phone bill. It is also possible to deactivate your Facebook account so that your profile is hidden but you're still able to use the Messenger. I suspect that social media plays a big role. He may have told SW that he had deleted Facebook, blah blah blah, but was using other means to contact the other woman/women.

When women have an intuition about something they will find a way to find out the information they need. Plus if he worked in rural remote areas with no wifi the messages could go through as regular texts. People still talk on the phone especially if he drives for his job he could be calling her while driving from one location to the next.

I’m a woman, but thanks for the insight on what women do lol. I am 32 and only talk on the phone to my mom for the most part. Everything else is text or FaceTime.

For someone who says he went into a "rage" mode when he saw SW strangling her little hearts, I have never seen a tear, never seen ANY KIND of emotion, whatsoever, from this man. I believe we have all seen the closest thing we will ever see to a demon here on earth in him. He is absolutely empty.

Until LE elaborates on the girlfriend situation, or the girlfriend herself comes forward, there are endless options. We have no idea. What I do as a young woman may not be applicable to what anon did. What the older folks on this thread do may not be applicable to what anon did. We all have our own experiences and it’s basicallt grasping for straws trying to read the mind of someone who hasn’t made a single public statement about the situation.

Narcissistic when he wanted to talk to his dad before he talked to police about what “he said happened “. IMO It was about control and having a practice audience for his dad’s reaction before revealing it to others . He knew he was locked into being only suspect . I just can’t imagine the events of horror that night. The houses are close it seems no one heard any arguments or signs of distress before that night . So has he been faking for the whole marriage or did he snap into detachment mode ?

I’m a woman, but thanks for the insight on what women do lol. I am 32 and only talk on the phone to my mom for the most part. Everything else is text or FaceTime.
People in the early stages of infatuation love to talk to each other it releases endorphins when you hear the persons voice. I am the same age range of SW you and CW. So are my friends. We all talk on the phone especially when driving we have texting and driving laws in Colorado and the commutes are long so you get all your talking done on your drive home from work. My ex was a serial cheater not a lot could be found in text because it left a trail but lots of talking.

A couple of thoughts:
- we don’t know that the co-worker he was having an affair with was a woman for sure
- if affair partner was at his home while the girls were away, I doubt they drive their own car there; he more likely picked them up somewhere else and brought them there.
- could he have panicked thinking the girls would tell mommy about his love interest?

People in the early stages of infatuation love to talk to each other it releases endorphins when you hear the persons voice. I am the same age range of SW you and CW. So are my friends. We all talk on the phone especially when driving we have texting and driving laws in Colorado and the commutes are long so you get all your talking done on your drive home from work. My ex was a serial cheater not a lot could be found in text because it left a trail but lots of talking.

Lol you’re talking to me as if I’ve never been infatuated or had a relationship. I’m married and have had my fair share of relationships. I think like every state has laws against texting and driving. But if they worked together all day, maybe they didn’t need to talk on their commute home. How far did he work from home? Seems close enough to dispose of his entire family. I’m sorry that your ex cheated. Not all women go through their husbands phones though. SW seemed pretty busy, I don’t get the vibe that she was combing through his phone records but ya never know.

Eta I guess my husband and I were never infatuated because we communicated through text mostly in the beginning of our relationship, and still do. Lol

The police knew he had a mistress, though he denied it initially. How does everyone think the police knew about the mistress?
I think she contacted the police and let them know. The neighbors who let him sleep at their house the first night also said he was on his phone a lot that night. So, maybe cell phone records helped, too.

I was hoping CW would accept a plea deal and save us all the hell of going to trial. But since CW is claiming he murdered SW because he witnessed SW murdering their children on baby monitor (justifiable homocide.....ahem.) it looks like the defense is looking forward to trial

It’s clear to me that LE was onto CW from the first day they were called. They found the sheets in the garbage. CW’s behavior was not that of a man whose beloved wife and children just disappeared. For starters, it seems to me the first thing C.W. should have done, if he really wanted to find his family would have been to get his Facebook page back up and running so he could post a missing persons entry that could be shared and go viral. When I compare CW’s actions to SW’s brother and father’s actions, it’s night and day. The Cops had to have observed his lack of emotion over the loss of his loved ones. As for how they found out about CW’s mistress, I’m sure hundreds of phone tips came in as people became aware that SW was missing. I’m sure someone told them about the affair.

Fairly new here, posted some years ago but nothing recently...this case has broken my heart, and soul...and much of what has been said about Chris Watts and narcissism, I can personaly relate to, having been married to one and engaged to another. So in the process of reading and search I found some stuff that has me flummoxed.

I know we are not to sleuth, or discuss who we think may be the mistress.

<modsnipped>

Admins, please feel free to remove if I have overstepped. <modsnipped>

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics