Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW GUILTY* #46

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if this is a popular thought but I am glad he pleaded guilty and just got it over with. So many fight the battle and everyone knows they did it. Think they are too smart to lose. Pleading guilty does not bring Shan’Ann or the girls back or take the loss and hurt away from the family but it saves them from having to go through the trama all over again. Now they can move forward how ever that is possible or whatever it takes knowing he did not get away with this heinous crime or have the opportunity to further victimize Shan’ann with his wild accusations.

Please continue the discussion here and please note that the victim-friendly rule applies to Shan'ann (and Nico), Bella, CeCe, Shan'ann's family members and friends, and the Watts family as well. The person responsible for all of these murders is Chris Watts. In addition to murdering his family, he has also victimized many other innocent people.

Thank you! The wait for this post has been excruciating.

1st count was changed from murder to "murder as an act of domestic violence in an intimate relationship"

Can anyone explain the differences between these 2 charges and why it was changed as part of the plea deal? Is it the same charge, but with the DV addition? Thank you.

But, according to the same source, Chris’ demeanor changed dramatically in previous weeks. “He’s been more active,” the source says. “He doesn’t sleep all day away. He’s actively taking part in his own defense. He reads a lot, and has contact with his attorneys.”

“He’s actually very energized now,” the source continues. “He’s willing to confront reality now and to decide what his best move is. … He’s able to look at things logically now and make the right decisions for himself. He’s turned a corner.”

“Chris had to come to terms with reality,” the sour explains of his decision to plead. “He didn’t like it at all, but he’s smart enough to know that his back was against the wall, and the best thing for him to do was to plead guilty.”

“There evidence against him was overwhelming,” the source says. “There was physical evidence and his own words that would convict him. His story didn’t work.”

To Avoid Death, Chris Watts Admits Murdering His Pregnant Wife and Their 2 Young Daughters
“His story didn’t work.”

No truer words.

I give a lot of credit to Shanann's friend who came by because she foiled the plot. She screwed up the entire plan leaving him no time to carry out a better plan. Had she not been such a caring friend this would have been dragged out a lot longer and who knows if he would have ever been arrested

But, according to the same source, Chris’ demeanor changed dramatically in previous weeks. “He’s been more active,” the source says. “He doesn’t sleep all day away. He’s actively taking part in his own defense. He reads a lot, and has contact with his attorneys.”

“He’s actually very energized now,” the source continues. “He’s willing to confront reality now and to decide what his best move is. … He’s able to look at things logically now and make the right decisions for himself. He’s turned a corner.”

“Chris had to come to terms with reality,” the sour explains of his decision to plead. “He didn’t like it at all, but he’s smart enough to know that his back was against the wall, and the best thing for him to do was to plead guilty.”

“There evidence against him was overwhelming,” the source says. “There was physical evidence and his own words that would convict him. His story didn’t work.”

To Avoid Death, Chris Watts Admits Murdering His Pregnant Wife and Their 2 Young Daughters
Most of us have been saying this for 45 threads! "“There evidence against him was overwhelming,” the source says. “There was physical evidence and his own words that would convict him. His story didn’t work.”

Please continue the discussion here and please note that the victim-friendly rule applies to Shan'ann (and Nico), Bella, CeCe, Shan'ann's family members and friends, and the Watts family as well. The person responsible for all of these murders is Chris Watts. In addition to murdering his family, he has also victimized many other innocent people.
I can read here now,thank you.

Murder ‘Rap Sesh’ Podcast with Jay & Kay‏ @MurderSesh
Defendant as part of this plea cannot come back and waive the facts. He has agreed to pay restitution for the funeral and burial. The prosecution can withdraw his plea if he were to commit another felony before sentencing.

1:49 PM - 6 Nov 2018

If CW commits suicide before Nov 19 sentencing date, I wonder if he'd go down on the books as acquitted and/or never charged at all? (Similar to Aaron Hernandez that died while his murder sentence under appeal).

If CW commits suicide before Nov 19 sentencing date, I wonder if he'd go down on the books as acquitted and/or never charged at all? (Similar to Aaron Hernandez that died while his murder sentence under appeal).
That was an archaic Massachusetts law, fortunately, that’s not the case in any other state, atleast as far as I know.

Colorado dad tearfully pleads guilty to murder of pregnant wife, 2 daughters
Christopher Watts, 33, held back tears as he pleaded guilty to five counts of first-degree murder, unlawful termination of a pregnancy, and three counts of tampering with a deceased human body.

Watts' voice trembled at each of his nine utterances of "guilty" as 19th Judicial District Judge Marcelo Kopcow asked Watts how he would like to plead to each count.

Weld County District Attorney Michael Rourke will not seek the death penalty in the case in exchange for Watts pleading guilty to all nine counts, the DA's office announced Tuesday.

Weld County Chief Deputy District Attorney Steve Wren told Kopcow that the family was "in full agreement" with the deal they reached with the defense.

Rourke said in a news conference that Shanann's family requested his office not seek the death penalty in the case, adding that his office made its decision about four days ago.

Live ...DA NEWS CONFERENCE
Weld County District Attorney Michael Rourke said at a news conferencethat followed the plea hearing that he went to North Carolina to speak with the Rzucek family -- Shanann's family -- in order to talk about the possibilities of prosecution in the case.

He said he explained the "extraordinary delays" that are seen in current death penalty cases, including the Nathan Dunlap case, and that the Rzuceks wanted a quicker resolution in the case.

"That, to me, was the most important consideration in deciding how to proceed with this case," Rourke said.

Rourke blamed Gov. John Hickenlooper for his stance on the death penalty, which Hickenlooper has refused to carry out while he is in office, as part of the reason for going to North Carolina to discuss the plea options with Shanann's family.

The Rzuceks also appeared at the news conference with Rourke and other law enforcement agencies but did not speak.

Chris Watts reaches plea deal to avoid death penalty in deaths of wife, 2 daughters

My heart is breaking. For her family. I have had dreams about Shanann especially. Like she was my best friend. If I feel the way not knowing her how is her family holding up? <modsnip> He did do the right thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
At least he can't escape the cameras at sentencing.

In a way I don't mind that I didn't see today's proceedings. It made it a less intrusive and more personable confession of sorts for the families and they matter most. I hope it helped them begin to come to terms with their own life sentences of grief.

I’m not at peace with any part of this.

Christopher Watts committed the most heinous act a father can commit against his girls. Shannan regardless of her personality trusted the man.

He very well should have gotten death. It will cost money to keep him breathing, eating and every need will be met for 40+ years.

A plea was far to good for him.

I seriously cannot process this right now! I'm just sitting here staring into space. I think because it came sooner than I ever thought it would. I really feel for Shanann; I hope her soul is resting now that she isn't being blamed and nitpicked (at least by most...the loony toons on FB, etc. are beyond help).

I’m not at peace with any part of this.

Christopher Watts committed the most heinous act a father can commit against his girls. Shannan regardless of her personality trusted the man.

He very well should have gotten death. It will cost money to keep him breathing, eating and every need will be met for 40+ years.

A plea was far to good for him.
Colorado has the death penalty, but doesn’t use it.

This is the same sentence, just without years of appeals.

It’s done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member