Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW GUILTY* #46

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Omg seriously he can do that? I thought it was a done deal once the judge accepted it. Hasn’t the family been through enough? I really hope he doesn’t/can’t do this to them

Realistically, no. His defense has been more than adequate. He is asked by the judge at the pleading if he understands what he’s doing, and that he’s satisfied with his defense. Etc etc. It will be a done deal.

I read earlier that he got especially choked up when they read the charge for the murder of Cece. Wasn't she the one he said was like him?
No, Bella is the oldest, he said she was calm, motherly, like me. Celeste was the younger, he described her as rampage. He ought to feel some guilt, she was just a baby still, only just 3 years old.

The decision was made about four days ago to take an execution off the table, which was the maximum possible penalty Chris faced if convicted, Rourke said. In exchange, he agreed to plead guilty.

Colorado dad Chris Watts did not want to plead guilty to murdering his wife and two daughters, a source close to him tells PEOPLE. But his lawyers helped him realize that, given the extensive evidence against him and his own damning behavior during the investigation, he had little choice.
How Chris Watts Decided to Plead to Killing Family: 'Eventually He Acknowledged His Life Was Over'
I guess that answers my question. It's not surprising that he was reluctant.

I’m surprised defense didn’t draw it out with a sex addiction defense. Happy he confessed, but that addiction leads to rage and no feelings whatsoever. Similar to cocaine or heroin. I think that Chris Watts was a sex addict and insane. I guess I’d like to believe that men (or women) couldn’t be capable of killing their own children without some sort of drug involvement or mental illness.

I believe the autopsies will explain why he confessed to everything to avoid a trial. MOO
That and the humiliation of all the details of his affairs, how despicable he is, how amazing his wife was, and what an incredible liar he is. His lawyers probably warned him that all these things would come out and he likely held out because he actually sees himself as superior and believable. Jmo

I wouldn't even call him a man. Maybe his body is that of a man, but he's really just a soulless empty puppet. I hope that vest was put on tighter than tight. On purpose.

Imagine how the people that walk with him to Court, to his Cell, bring him his food, must feel and think.
Anyone in contact with CW must surely feel evil 'bouncing' from him.:(:(
I hope we hear EVERYTHING possible about this person, make him a spectacle as this would have the most effect over him.
His life, was about his own ego, and now all will be exposed.

I’m surprised defense didn’t draw it out with a sex addiction defense. Happy he confessed, but that addiction leads to rage and no feelings whatsoever. Similar to cocaine or heroin. I think that Chris Watts was a sex addict and insane. I guess I’d like to believe that men (or women) couldn’t be capable of killing their own children without some sort of drug involvement or mental illness.
They didn't go that route because they know that a defense like that is doomed to failure. It would have precisely a 0% chance of working.

The writing was on the wall, he was facing a possible death sentence, and they did the only thing they could do, convince him to plea.

No, Bella is the oldest, he said she was calm, motherly, like me. Celeste was the younger, he described her as rampage. He ought to feel some guilt, she was just a baby still, only just 3 years old.
Or maybe there was something specific about her murder that bothered him, like she looked in his eyes or struggled a lot. It's horrible to even think about.

Tomas Hoppough said CW had no emotion as he walked in and sat down, but as soon as the judge started talking about his plea agreement, that's when he broke down and started crying. He continued to cry in between pleading guilty to all nine counts.

I don't know any better, but I am going to align myself with those who are thinking it was part of the plea deal. That it would be done on Election Day to bury it in the media, and also not to having any media present livestream.
I don't know about elsewhere, but I am in a rural town, northern Michigan, and it was broadcast several times today, as I watched election stuff going on. So, big news! My town is 4000 people.

The decision was made about four days ago to take an execution off the table, which was the maximum possible penalty Chris faced if convicted, Rourke said. In exchange, he agreed to plead guilty.

Colorado dad Chris Watts did not want to plead guilty to murdering his wife and two daughters, a source close to him tells PEOPLE. But his lawyers helped him realize that, given the extensive evidence against him and his own damning behavior during the investigation, he had little choice.
How Chris Watts Decided to Plead to Killing Family: 'Eventually He Acknowledged His Life Was Over'
There was me thinking he at least had one tiny shred of decency left in him, that perhaps he was remorseful and wanted to spare both sides of the family the trauma of a trial. Instead he is thinking of number one only, it’s all about him.

How can this 'not be in stone' now?
So we need a Judge to sign off, on this 'plea'.
Is this a Court/Law requirement?

If you watch the video I posted just prior to this post, this criminal defense attorney explains the sentencing hearing process. The judge has to make sure CW understands everything he’s pleading guilty to, what his rights are, etc. and it’s transcribed so that when he gets to prison, he isn’t able to say he didn’t understand or he had inadequate counsel. It’s dotting i’s and crossing t’s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
N0ShytSherlock