Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW GUILTY* #47

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That money, as a result of crime, perhaps can be put into better use: not for CW, as he should not benefit.
Maybe to Charities, associated with victims of such crimes.
Every cent that goes to his commissary fund will likely be garnisheed in part to repay the funeral and therapy expenses that are included in the terms of the plea.

Scott Reisch points out in his video (Was CW Punked?) that practically speaking there was zero chance of him getting a death sentence carried out in Colorado. So what kind of threat was actually hanging over his head that led him to capitulate so quickly?
I keep having this nasty feeling that it's a setup for a later 'ineffective counsel' appeal.
Not doubting his qualifications but I personally find his videos unwatchable. He also uses sensationalism in his descriptions (e.g. "will he walk a free man?") attempting to draw more views.

CW is a small (his character and substance), selfish, despicable person (male, but not a man) who brutally murdered the family that loved him, gave to him, and trusted him. He brutally murdered his two daughters who depended on him to protect them. He ended four (4) lives of great value and potential, sacrificing them on the alter of his vanity and selfish needs!. He has betrayed ALL who cared about him. He will soon cease to be CW and will become Inmate no. - - - - - - for the rest of his life. Most will want, and try, to forget him. Eventually he will become just an ugly memory, if he is remembered at all, and a small footnote in the history of family violence. He is now, nothing, except maybe a warning! Or maybe the remnants of something very revolting on the bottom of mankind's shoe.

Have you noticed, when you step into goo on the path, you wipe it away, you erase it, as don't want it near you, as it is revolting.
Similarly here, as you wisely state, from the 'bottom of mankind's shoe' I hope CW will be erased.

He said that there was virtually no chance of getting a death sentence, all u need is one juror to make it lwop. Also said cw was "punked" because a trial would have given him the opportunity to focus on sw video posts. Seemed to think there was a lot in the videos to cast doubt on cw being murderer. Was pretty negative on destruction of evidence, per the plea sgreement. He said a lot more.
He probably hasn't even seen SW's videos, just the nasty conclusions drawn by the apologists.

It was surprising but there's something his counsel knows the DA has that he didn't want to ever see the light of day in terms of having to publically confront it. I wonder how many murder cases this attorney has handled?

It's a team. Not one. John Walsh has been practicing for 8 years and Kathryn Herold for 10.

Every step they take is overseen by the head public defender Mēgan Ring who has been a public defender for 20 years.

They know what they're doing.

I’m not sure about what CW might have said to convince Shanann that he wanted to have another baby. Obviously, he didn’t. It struck me as unusual how many people she told that CW wanted this baby more than she did. I think in healthy relationships both partners should want the baby equally. I think Shanann loved him so much she wanted him to want and love their family as much as she did. It made her feel good to think that he loved her that much and to tell people he did. It was probably all unconscious, but I think deep down Shanann knew he was cheating because she told her friends, but wasn’t ready to let in the pain of the truth sink in, and it hadn’t become conscious, yet. She was proud and it made her feel good to think that he loved her that much. CW didn’t deserve her beautiful love.

I think Shanann wanted the baby, no question about that in my mind. I don't recall seeing where it was said he wanted the baby more than she did. What ZI saw was that he convinced her the time was right to try for another. IDK. He clearly did not want a baby. He didn't the babies they already had.

I agree there were some very subconscious things going on with Shanann, but I believe he was doing things to help promote her perception of idealized reality. He helped create a baby, he smiled in the family pictures and on the San Diego trip, there were some very romantic pictures posted. In one picture, it appears he is rubbing her back. That's just before she left for NC. He could also probably be very miserable to be around, I can see him skulking about, giving her the stink eye, etc. At a minimum.

Her deck video was particularly painful for me to watch, especially since I already knew how things ended. And also knowing he was having an affair. It appears to me that she was in denial.

My thoughts are that he may not have left concrete evidence, or told her he was having an affair and he wanted out. She told a friend she was suspicious, but then appeared to try to deny that possibility. If he had left his cell phone out, would she have picked up that phone and looked at the text messages or call log knowing she might find something on there - concrete evidence? If a person is in denial, they don't want concrete evidence.

Concrete evidence requires a proud person to take action, JMO.

I don’t think it was totally click bait because it’s what Mr. Reisch believes as a Colorado Criminal Defense Attorney. He also stated that even following the sentencing and once CW is in prison, he can file a 35C which basically alleges that his attorneys were ineffective and he should be allowed to have a trial. He can continue to try to get a trial for decades to come.

As far as the agreement that all the evidence can be destroyed, Mr. Reisch said that he has to keep all homicide or sexual assault files forever on any case where a life sentence was imposed. So that’s weird to agree to that.

This is a tragic case, of course, but it’s also a fascinating one to me. I’m not personally invested in it. My interest is the same as any other murder case that I find myself drawn to. I still read everything new I can find on Jack the Ripper or that horrible Dennis Radner.

Reísch has made some statements that to me don't make much sense and I think it could be just due to intense bias against the state and pro defense and/or fodder for his show.

Yes. CW has unlimited time to seek to withdraw a plea after sentencing. .

His chances of success don't exist in reality though IMO. Ineffective assistance of counsel is rarely found and I see nothing to suggest it here.

There's no way the state is going to destroy evidence IMO.

Scott Reisch said that on the 19th CW could say he’s had a change of heart, he wants to withdraw his guilty plea, his attorneys rushed him into it, it wasn’t a full voluntary decision, even though he said it on record, to please disregard that. Why does this criminal defense attorney say that could happen? Not likely, but it’s possible.

I was under the impression that the sentencing hearing was to hear CW plead guilty to the nine counts so he then cannot at a later date say, hey, I’ve changed my mind. Inadequate counsel, etc.

I will listen to your podcast tonight.

He can say that but it's not enough to withdraw his plea. It's not that easy.

Not doubting his qualifications but I personally find his videos unwatchable. He also uses sensationalism in his descriptions (e.g. "will he walk a free man?") attempting to draw more views.
He would be more effective with just an audio podcast, imo. I was watching how his eyebrows move up and down behind the rimless glasses and if he had brow makeup on. I listen to and watch lots of podcasts, if it's just a talking head best just do effective audio.

Why would he say it? Because it's within the realm of possibility, but so is end of the world tomorrow. He doesn't know all of the details of this case, and quite honestly, he gets a lot more clicks on his account with a headline like the one he used. Mr. Watts' PD's are well-aware of the laws surrounding plea deals, as are the DA and his staff, and judge; the plea was sought at his request, as has been confirmed, and while he didn't get what he was going for since the DA refused their initial terms, he accepted what was offered. Mr. Watts would be one hiding information, not his representatives or the State.

Exactly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member