GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #59

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are things about this Cindy that remind me of Casey Anthony's mom, Cindy! And things about Chris remind me of Casey!
Yes. @gitana1 alluded to it well before we ever heard from his family.

There tends to be a lot of similarities, and similar dynamics (dysfunction) at play, within the families of killers like this.

This wasn’t the first “Cindy” who has attempted to protect her child in a similar way, and this isn’t the first family to behave like this.

this part is what broke my heart when Shanann says she feels scared. She might've thought he'd ask her to abort, that's bad enough but it was actually worse!
I understood her to mean that she was scared not for her safety but more what it meant in terms of their relationship. Not sure if you picked up on it, but at one point he did ask her if she would consider termination :(

It really was stupid. But that's kind of his signature style---bone headed moves.

IF she really was a threat and danger to him, why leave a sealed letter, only to be opened AFTER something bad happened? Wasn't he concerned about his and his children's safety?
And his family did not open it and just gave it to the defence team? How believable is that?

@Miigo I read a comment from you in the last thread: Does anyone recall seeing in the discovery, text messages between (I think) CW and NK, where he states something along the lines of “she supports me. Something similar happened between her parents as a kid”, “are we bad people?”, and something else about a free night in a hotel? I got the impression Shanann was aware of the affair, but I can’t seem to find those texts again... o_O

I found the texts you were talking about. They are on page 615 of the PDF.

It was Nichol who made all of the comments that you are referring to. I had guessed that she had been talking about her friend Charlotte when she said she supports her. Seems like her friend was the only friend who knew, so I guessed she had said "he's going through a divorce and has kids".

Nichol's comments were the blue ones, Chris' ones were the red ones (you can see where he calls her Nikki).

Sorry if that was already clarified, I am still catching up.

Last edited:
In the grand scheme of things though is it really relevant now? At least now we have real facts to go on from the discovery.
Imo, it does matter greatly, it helps understand the FA and family of origin. If one of the family were prepared to forge a letter supposedly written by CW accusing Shanann of threatening to kill him, they've got criminal inclinations (take note, CW).
Didn't CW's mother pay for his speeding ticket? Enabling to the max and worse!

After reading how CW's family treated SW, I understand they didn't want the marriage to happen, his sister offered her help with the wedding invitations and SW finds out afterwards the wedding invitations were never mailed.., the constant name calling, last visit to CW's family home turning into a disaster, feeding CW with doubts, little by little putting seeds in CW mind. Is it possible, deep down in Cindy Watts mind, she blames SW for what transpired that night.
Understanding how emotionally abusive relationships work and how they blame the victim,unable to see what's
in front of them and accepting the facts.

If CW really wrote a letter saying something like "if anything happens to me blame SW":
1. He is stupid-- it shows his premeditation.
2. It would make me wonder if he planned to commit suicide after murdering his family and failed to do so OR if he had a plan to stage a scene where he injured himself and then called 911 and blamed SW for his injuries.
3. He is stupid-- even if he had done a #2 scenario it would have been figured out and the letter would show his premeditation.

*Yes, I know 1 and 3 say essentially the same thing. :rolleyes:

The letter...

To whom it may concern,
If anyone gets this I would never do anything to hurt myself, my children or my wife.

If anything happens to me, please investigate my wife.
Chris Watts printed with his signature underneath.

It really was stupid. But that's kind of his signature style---bone headed moves.

IF she really was a threat and danger to him, why leave a sealed letter, only to be opened AFTER something bad happened? Wasn't he concerned about his and his children's safety?

You're right, it sounds just like something he would do! Then again, I wouldn't put it past CW supporters either to stupidly think it would somehow help his case. CW supporters would probably say he was so abused and confused that he couldn't get away from her in time. Or that he was staying to protect the children from her.
But he fell asleep, poor thing. And then SW forced him to murder her and girls... /sarcasm :rolleyes:

The letter...

To whom it may concern,
If anyone gets this I would never do anything to hurt myself, my children or my wife.

“My pregnant, Lupus afflicted wife.”

He left that part out. Idiot.

The letter...

To whom it may concern,

Really, that's what it says? o_O
Someone is really dumb or really naive... Or both. :confused:

this part is what broke my heart when Shanann says she feels scared. She might've thought he'd ask her to abort, that's bad enough but it was actually worse!
One of the saddest thing I've ever read in my life.

Shanann to CW, Aug 6, Discovery page 2104
(Right after CW told her that he doesn't want the baby)

"You hold me after that conversation, you hold me. If you want this to *advertiser censored**ing last you make me feel safe after that bomb...Don't you get it? Shanann added, "How many times do I have to ask you to hold me? You hate me that much?"

Just typing this out makes me emotional. OMG I just want to hold her tight so badly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mel18