GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #61

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am curious about the length of questioning/questions in regard to the polygraph. Was a baseline established? If no baseline was established I would bet good money that the “polygraph” was an approach to induce fear and nervousness and help inmate watts realize they knew he was guilty.

This is just my experience.

How does one get verified for a profession? Do I have to send in certifications, my resume?

Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters

Last edited by a moderator:
That is some next-level sleuthing! :D You are awesome and we are grateful. If they charge much, PM me and I'd be happy to chip in.

Thank you, thank you, thank you! You just gave me a tiny bit of my faith in humanity back. Decency matters. Kindness, justice, self-sacrifice matter. Truthfulness and respect and compassion really do matter. I'm glad there are others out there who think so!

Thanks Lore! If they charge $1 per page, I’ll be getting in touch with you for around $10,000 lol
(Hoping it’s no charge or nominal since it’s just a link)

It's hard to say for certain, but they already had problems before NK was in the picture.
We know from discovery that SW asked an attorney (chance encounter at restaurant in March or April 2018) several questions about divorce.
CW convinced her to stay and try for another baby to strengthen their marriage.
If CW thought (at that time) financial strain was their biggest problem, would he really have thought having another baby would help?
If SW had divorced him, does anyone here think he would have killed them if there wasn't someone else?
Somehow I think that all of the nagging from NK really got CW thinking seriously about his finances for maybe the first time ever and made him think that was the only way to afford a future with her.
JMO

Yes. It's also possible he was having an affair for longer.

Re: Ronnie possibly knowing about the affair, I am reminded of this post from trinket78

Yes I am aware of the one affair and was from the beginning. She also knew he wanted a separation before her trip. She continued to post about how wonderful he was. He deleted his Facebook after that.

They tried to retract the way they worded it after it drew attention but I believe the wording was sincere the first time.

MOO
this

for me this is the biggest EVASIVE lie and contradiction for NK.

'she believed the marriage was over and shanann wanted out.'

that's not what shanann was shouting from the rooftops all over the internet for the world to hear free of charge.
not even hearsay.
straight from the horses mouth.

she madly loved and adored her husband and wasn't going anywhere.

NK pursued and stayed in a relationship with a man that either she knew was lying to her or she is still protecting chris to a degree.

in her interview she is asked by detectives do your friends know about this?(chris)
umm no.
he's with two women right now.
they don't need to know this.

there you go.
I thought they were separated is just insulting peoples intelligence saying it.

she is a homewrecker and the criticisms are fair.

imo

I know. I am not a certified polygrapher, but have used it for interrogations. I have conducted hundreds of interrogations, just not in this country and have been trained in interrogations and taught how to interrogate for many years. I am in a completely different field now, which I don’t know quite how to describe. It is specialized and newer, and not many of us. That is why I would like to know how to become verified.

I
The pre exam questions begin on page 581.

They asked 3 questions on the actual test, but they would have asked control questions (undocumented) to establish a baseline.

This was a legitimate polygraph exam, but the intent was undoubtedly to rattle him, and use it to draw a confession from him.

It served its purpose.

Becoming a polygrapher requires specialized training. Different states and organizations have varying requirements.

ETA: I now realize you may have been talking about the verification process on here, and not the career in general.

Usually the control questions are documented. That is why I am curious if anything has been released regarding the polygraph beside the control questions.

Correct. Nichol FaceTimed CW on August 12. She believed he was laying on the mattress in the basement. She said it “could have been blue in color.”

Page 649.

I can't pull that up right now. Do you know what time? I know we discussed this. If it was after 5:00 or so I think he killed the kids first. Because he was lying on a stripped mattesss.

Sounds right to me.

Not to sound flippant but when I said he was in for a ride once he got into his real prison home because a man who has killed his babies and pregnant wife will not have an easy time of it, your remark was to the effect that he would eventually be accepted?
People are people was how you ended it. I do not agree and think he will be in for a very brutal time but that is my opinion and we all have a right to our own opinions.
Of course I personally do not know anyone of CW's caliber nor do I ever want to so again my opinion but what he has done does things to people and they will look at him through much different eyes.
So I guess my question is how does it sound right to you that he should be separated from GP and have his own prison guard?
That is telling me he needs extra protection. JMO again.

Maybe they all knew it is not admissible in court anyway, and I think she, and they, were using those 3 questions before the poly to get reactions from him. They really kept explaining it to him, I think that was clear in the first doc dump. Lots of explanation as to what the questions really meant. I didn't understand, it just seemed so different than polys I've seen in movies :rolleyes: where the subject doesn't get any prepping at all, and as you referred to, there is definitely a baseline established, what's your name, where did you go to school, etc.
I

This is why I believe this particular “polygraph” was an approach technique.

Eh, I think she lied but I don't want her charged with anything. They needed her as a witness to put CW away. He is behind bars now and she has to face the backlash over what she said and her actions to try to paint herself in a better light in the face of a murder investigation. That's enough. I just hope she doesn't do any more media interviews. JMO.

Oh I think we can absolutely count on seeing her tv interviews and possibly a book deal if she can get one. That one loves to hear herself talk.

Yes, they are all in the media thread. The problem with a sticky on the first page of the thread is that we are getting the 2nd doc dump in pieces. It was erroneously released to the general public yesterday and then taken down. News Outlets who filed requests have all of the newest discovery, but are releasing it in pieces. So, the best way to keep up with it (for those can't read every post here) is the media thread: MEDIA, MAPS & TIMELINES - NO DISCUSSION - - Shanann Watts (34, dec.), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4
MOO

By the way, in visiting there recently, I noticed it was virtually all you, diligently posting a record of everything. Thank you so much for that!!! Really amazing.

this

for me this is the biggest EVASIVE lie and contradiction for NK.

'she believed the marriage was over and shanann wanted out.'

that's not what shanann was shouting from the rooftops all over the internet for the world to hear free of charge.
not even hearsay.
straight from the horses mouth.

she madly loved and adored her husband and wasn't going anywhere.

NK pursued and stayed in a relationship with a man that either she knew was lying to her or she is still protecting chris to a degree.

in her interview she is asked by detectives do your friends know about this?(chris)
umm no.
he's with two women right now.
they don't need to know this.

there you go.
I thought they were separated is just insulting peoples intelligence saying it.

she is a homewrecker and the criticisms are fair.

imo
Has anything ever come out as to whether or not NK knew or met the sister?

I

Usually the control questions are documented. That is why I am curious if anything has been released regarding the polygraph beside the control questions.
It says :
“I conducted a known acquaintance test to assess Chris’ suitability for testing and to establish baseline physiology. Chris was able to follow instructions and showed suitable responses.”

Page 598

It would have been recorded.

Also, it says at the beginning of the document that this was only a summary.

No matter how he is being treated, it is likely a matter of practice for a person in his situation and not some sort of preferential treatment.
Oh, ok.
One would assume as time passes he will eventually be placed in the gen. pop.

I'm not feeling very sorry for his mistress (the one who went public). All she had to do was stay silent .... every time she grants an interview -- it seems like she is trying to protect this monster.

So the doc dump from yesterday is STILL not accessible? Did someone change their mind about releasing the stuff?

Last edited:
I'd be with you if she hadn't felt her reputation and embarrassment were more important than the lives of missing and then dead babies and if she hadn't acted the way she did with investigators.

You give them EVERYTHING. You don't lie or evade. And she did.

Hearing her voice- I have heard the same excuse given in your post on various occasions, to excuse a lack of empathy in various people: "Well I was able to eat pizza and I didn't cry when my child died so there's nothing important about CW's demeanor." For example - nope. IMO that voice, like CW's demeanor, has nothing to do with delayed grief or shock. To me she sounded arrogantly controlled and decisive. She sounded extraordinarily annoyed and put out that she had to be there.

I could understand anger. Sadness. Betrayal. Numbness. Shock.

I really didn't detect any of that as some have. I detected a coldly selfish woman who knows how to manipulate, likes to control others and lacks empathy.

She didn't kill anyone. We all know that. So what? Just because she didn't is she not supposed to face judgment for who she is and what she did?

Not directed at you at all, but I'm kind of sick of people with low character, bad, mean, people, facing zero consequences and being protected in this country because "everyone makes mistakes", or "we have no right to judge".

Maybe it's okay that a person like her faces some societal shunning. We should have common values as a community and a culture. Like coming together to help one another and not being selfish at times of crisis. Doing what is necessary, even at our own expense, to help children. Assisting LE when asked, in major criminal cases. Having respect for others, including professionals who are doing a tough job, instead of narcissitically trying to control their job and brattily expressing impatience and annoyance with having to be involved in something that actually includes death and murder.

Geez.

I don't feel sorry for her. I did. Not now. IMO she deserves some negativity for her behavior and attitude.

And her life is far from over. If serial killer and predator Karla Homolka can go on to leave prison for a Caribbean island, get married and have three kids after murdering three other minors including her own little sister, I'm sure this arrogant and decisive woman will be just fine.

Seriously excellent post. You have a way of voicing what I would love to say.

And I couldn't agree more on having standards and holding people accountable. It's the same BS excuses as to why children get abused every day. No one says anything or thinks they can't because it's not their business or they've been through enough.. The excuses go on.

It is our business. Like you Gitana, I recognize she is not guilty of the crimes he committed and I doubt very much she saw it coming.

However, if you want to play with fire expect to get burnt. She needs to take accountability for her part in the affair and in the aftermath of the crimes and show some sincere reflective empathy for what happened to SW and not just the girls.

Furthermore, maybe the shaming does seem harsh. But guess what, she wouldn't be facing so much shame if she had of acted like a decent human being. There's a reason people feel angry and upset about this. To silence people's anger is invalidating to those that loved SW and her children. They have and continue to suffer immensely.

Eh, I think she lied but I don't want her charged with anything. They needed her as a witness to put CW away. He is behind bars now and she has to face the backlash over what she said and her actions to try to paint herself in a better light in the face of a murder investigation. That's enough. I just hope she doesn't do any more media interviews. JMO.

Agree. To go after a witness who cooperated, no matter how reluctantly or incompletely, would be bad strategy for any DA.

Public backlash is enough of a consequence IMO.

I sincerely hope it changes her. But once someone displays bad character I have a problem forgetting it. Bad behavior is one thing. All of us have displayed bad behavior at times. But bad core character is different for me. It's hard for me to believe people without real ethics or empathy like that, are able to change much.

I hope she just fades from public view.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member