GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #62

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that they would have fibres in their airways if he held their heads down in their beds.
Yeah. I can say with a great deal of confidence, he killed them all with his bare hands.

Shanann strangled, the kids smothered. It was practical, as Shanann would have been very difficult to smother.

I agree! This is one of "the" most perplexing cases ever. Another one that comes to mind is Chris Colemen (murdered his wife and two boys for his wife's friend). How these men can think they will get by with these family annihilations is beyond belief. I can see the wheels turning, but nobody's home. I keep reading because it's so unbelievable. Watching him is like watching a twilight zone episode.

Yeah it just continues to boggle my mind. At first I did wonder if he went into some kind of steroids/super caffeine over dose rage but then watching his interview with police like damn I don't know /what/ is with that guy. I keep thinking he has some form of autism and I don't know what else. I feel like he must really compartmentalize and almost convince himself the lies are reality but I'm just grasping at straws because none of it makes sense to me. I would never, without knowing what happened and all the evidence and watching the interviews after the fact, peg him for a guy who might murder his whole family.

Earlier in the case, I did wonder if Shanann actually did snap and kill the kids but watching his interview and awkward covering, yeah I don't think so. I do wonder if he won't face that he "hurt" them from the way he phrased things -- like he wanted to believe he gave them a painless death somehow? Some of his denials seem to emphasize not "hurting" them. Again, I may be really stretching but its all so weird.

I can see how people are questioning if his dad is coaching him too but I just don't think so. Again maybe I'm trying to make as much slightly less horrifying sense of it as I can and not wanting to think even more people were involved in this, but I still think it's possible for them to have had their own reasons to be doubtful of Shanann and want to believe their son. She doesn't have to have always been perfect, chill and easy to live with angel to still be a tragic victim in this. Like others said, I'd love to read some kind of official psych evaluation of this dude and how a professional would describe him.

I was wondering if the dog hit in or near the basement ... maybe Chris and one of the girls were down there earlier in the evening Sunday, and he killed one of them down there so that the other girl wouldn’t hear. Maybe that’s too far fetched.
IIRC, the dogs showed interest in particular areas, but didn’t perform any trained indications.

Your scenario is possible, but I think it’s just more unlikely than the alternative.

The shirt was all one color. It can't be the same shirt that was pictured on Radar on line. It was definitely described as a dark color. It was not multicolored.
I recall the shirt first described as "purple" (possibly the shirt she arrived home wearing), and later in a written report it was white on top with heart emblem, and purple on the bottom. Radar shirt appears short to me. MOO

Perhaps he brought the first girl in the basement so if there was any noise, it wouldn't arouse the other and then he would have to manage both girls awake.

Once one child was gone, it didn't matter if the other one made noise while struggling.

I think they were killed in their beds, but the dog alerting the basement does make it seem that something happened down there....so maybe it was one of the girls?

jmo
Maybe their scent was just on some of his clothes that were down there. At any rate it doesn't seem like it was a strong alert. Even when they stopped near the truck it didn't seem like LE thought it was that significant. They mentioned the dogs didn't go inside the vehicle. But they stopped in back of the truck which makes sense. Imo

He did say something in his confession about carrying SW’s body back to her bed after strangling her. So could be a little truth in that theory?
What if she started to suspect that the basement was his bachelor lover lair? Would she have gone down there? Or was he sleeping down there and she went to go to bed with him? No one can say. All sad possibilities. MOO.

Last edited:
I recall the shirt first described as "purple" (possibly the shirt she arrived home wearing), and later in a written report it was white on top with heart emblem, and purple on the bottom. Radar shirt appears short to me. MOO
Well I must not be remembering it right because I thought for sure they described it as dark gray or grayish purple. And I thought Chris said it was black. I'm just skeptical of Radar on line because the sheet looks all white and I thought it had blue stripes in it.

Agree. He probably just hid her wedding ring or something down there and wanted to grab it before acting like he found it in the room upstairs.

Btw. NK acted like she never wanted to visit him in his home so she just supposedly stopped by to help him with a app or something.

But meanwhile. She knew the basement layout better than Dieter and all other family members and friends. Hmmmm

The neighbor who had the camera seeing the Wattses' house, can he check how many times NK was there?

Maybe their scent was just on some of his clothes that were down there. At any rate it doesn't seem like it was a strong alert. Even when they stopped near the truck it didn't seem like LE thought it was that significant. They mentioned the dogs didn't go inside the vehicle. But they stopped in back of the truck which makes sense. Imo
In regards to the cadaver or search dogs in the house.

Most dogs will still follow the scent of other dogs that live in the house.

It's basically dog nature before using their trained senses to spot other things. Just my opinion for now though.

Coleman is another example of so caught up in the end game he can’t see how obvious his actions were. He made up a fake account to send the emails but used his own computer. He was seen playing ball with his boys the night before he murdered them :(.
I will never forget that horrific case either. And, both of these "other women" will grow old and flabby just like the rest of us...some sooner rather than later....and then what? Neither one of the "other women" were spring chicks, MOO. If I recall correctly, Chris Coleman's parents still believe he's innocent.

Found the video on YouTube. Now I see it is a slightly different shirt. I am guessing he just wore light-colored long sleeve shirts to work under his regular work clothes. JMO.
Take note that CW wears full coverage, protective clothing at the battery sites-- nothing that he afforded his babies when shoving their bodies through the thief hatch to be submerged in toxic crude. Cece's hand literally sloughed on the bone with her fingernails attached. And yet there are individuals that refuse to accept he's guilty of ending their lives...

Can anyone explain to me how he smothered the children? I always asssumed he used a pillow but that seems to have been ruled out by autopsy showing no fibers. If he used his hands, wouldn’t his hands have bite marks especially from the child who struggled? This is bad enough without him actually using bare hands. I can’t even

plastic? :(

Finally watched all the polygraph videos. That agent was awesome! She had his number and knew just how to act casual and not very official. Unbelievable that she told him it would be so foolish and stupid to take the test if he was lying about his involvement, and he still took it anyway. But I bet that had him so freaked out. She acted (purposely) like someone at the doctor's office who's just helping you with intake forms and getting information before you see the actual doctor. Not the bada$$ who was strategically calculating how she was going to gain his trust, get his guard down, trip him up, and nail him.

- I also liked her subtle ways at flattering him. "Oh a super healthy and fit guy like you will be able to sit through this with NO problem!" And when she was talking about the motion pad component of the polygraph equipment she's all, (paraphrased), "Well you lift weights, you work your core, you know any movement will come from there." Oh she was good! And the idiot was no doubt preening again.

- One thing that caught attention - he kept using the exact same words, phrases, and talking points from the porch news interviews. "This is like earth shattering." "It was a ghost town last night." "I miss saying eat your dinner or you won't get your snack." "They were just like vanished." "I wouldn't need to turn their rain maker on because they weren't there." It was just the exact same robotic phrases. He literally said nothing new.

- It seemed clear that his only initial "plan" to explain away their disappearance was going to be to act like they left. I don't think he had ever thought past that in his head. It was just going to be that she went to a mysterious friend's house. Only when he realized that he had FBI there, and dogs, and drones, and all these people freaking out that SW was missing, did he start realizing that wasn't going to work and would have to start rambling about maybe someone "has them" and they weren't "safe." But the mass response to them missing totally freaked him out because he had not planned for that or how he could make it sound like a possibility. (Thank you NUA.) He has NOT planned to be on his front porch with a speech worked out, begging for a perpetrator to let them go.

- The night out at the Rockies game. What a total idiot. No words. I mean did he seriously make up an entire fake work raffle? And then names the coworkers. And this was regarding what he did the weekend before his family goes missing. Like that information wasn't going to be immediately verified. Unbelievable.

- I found it really interesting to actually hear him talk about SW's Thrive job. It at least sounded like he viewed it as a valid job with considerable income and he didn't have a problem with it. He let her post on FB for him and contact his friends too. I can see being annoyed if someone is pitching this stuff for a few extra hundred dollars, but 65-70K range is bringing in a real income where one might view it in a different light. And he seemed to genuinely endorse the product. Nothing raised a flag that her thrive involvement was causing issues. It was helping to pay bills.

The polygraph videos just felt SO bizarre to listen to. He sounded more or less genuine when talking about different aspects of his life. I got the sense he genuinely liked his job, boss, coworkers. He liked his fitness and health and gadgets and cars and Sportscenter. It even sounded like he appreciated SW's organization. It was pretty obvious when he transitioned from talking about those things to the things we know are lies. Don't need a polygraph test to sense that shift.

It's so weird. In the context of knowing his pregnant wife and young daughters are missing, his demeanor and lack of being worried, upset, distressed were glaring. Even just seeing the look on NUA's face in the body cam videos versus CW. But if you didn't know any of what was going on, he just seems like a low key, pleasant, amicable guy. Simple. Likes sports. Non-threatening. Someone wrote in a post a while back that he was acting like a mildly concerned distant neighbor, not the husband and father of a missing family.

That's what I felt like watching some of the videos. And that if he was just a neighbor who had wandered over to ask what was going on, express surprise, mansplain things (I heart you for that comment) like security systems and camera angles with the other neighbors, you would just think oh yeah, Chris. He seems like a good dude. But then you realize that you are listening to someone who in reality annihilated his entire family and was able to call a realtor, join a fantasy football league, joke around with coworkers, and take pictures of flowers from the gravesite to woo his girlfriend. That's not "scared" behavior. That's missing a conscience. So hard to wrap my head around it.

I didn't realize it was 2 floors down. I thought it would just be one flight of stairs. I definitely don't think he brought her down minutes later. If he killed the girls earlier, I just thought the dogs may have alerted there because he brought them down there because it was close to the garage and he wouldn't want them anywhere around him. There must be some reason the cadaver dogs smelled something down there. Unless they were the search dogs. Then why would he have brought them down there while they were alive? I don't know. We will probably never know.
I believe it's the laundry in the basement they hit on. MOO

Anybody watch the 6th polygraph video?

Close to the end he is watching videos of the girls on his phone while he is alone in the room. How can he just act normal like he cares about the girls after he just killed them? I just don’t understand it.

I do wonder if the did that on purpose since he knew they were watching and it was what he was supposed to do.
I think he did it because he thought it would impress the investigators. Chris gets off on having others think well of him.

Watts gave mistress cards, love letters in weeks leading up to murders
Convicted murderer Christopher Watts gave his mistress, Nichole Kessinger, several handwritten cards and love letters in the weeks leading up to the murders of his wife and kids, records from the latest cache of case file data show.

The letter first in the case file, dated July 3, is a birthday card for Kessinger in which Watts states he hopes all of her dreams come true and that her year is filled with smiles, laughter and love. In one of two handwritten notes on the card, Watts writes:

"Your energy is so insane. You heat me up, you make me melt and then you cool me down like rain."

"Big things will happen this year, Dreams will come true," Watts writes in the second handwritten portion of the card. "That smile (that stare), that laugh (that giggle) gets me every time!!"

On July 30, Watts gave Kessinger two cards; one he purchased and one he made himself with a folded piece of paper. In the latter, Watts writes:

WattsFiles2-GDT-120218-1-300x154.png

A birthday card Watts sent to mistress Nichole Kessinger
"Wow, where do I even start? The first day I saw you, you took my breath away. The first day I had the guts to talk to you, I got lost in those stunning green eyes. The first day we hung out in the park together, I knew I was addicted. The first time we kissed, I knew I had met the most amazing, unique and electric woman EVER!!

Last edited:
He did say something in his confession about carrying SW’s body back to her bed after strangling her. So could be a little truth in that theory?
I don't think we will ever be sure what is the truth and what is not! I think he just said he carried her back to the bed because there was evidence that indicated he killed her there, and he had told them that she was in the kids room when he killed her. Who knows. It doesn't even make sense that he would take her back to her bed. Imo

Anybody watch the 6th polygraph video?

Close to the end he is watching videos of the girls on his phone while he is alone in the room. How can he just act normal like he cares about the girls after he just killed them? I just don’t understand it.

I do wonder if the did that on purpose since he knew they were watching and it was what he was supposed to do.
He's unreal. And it even sounded like you could hear an old one of CeCe saying "Mommy.... I need help!" and it kind of just breaks your heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
speedygoose98