GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #64

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just finished listening to a nearly 30 minute video of LE on a phone call to SW's long time friend Christina in Hawaii. She's the one who stayed with them for 2 months to help while SW recovered from surgery. They also spoke 'daily'. She said he was a good husband, great father, and CW even watched her own daughter for a couple days. She said something happened in the 5 weeks this summer that caused SW to be blindsided by the change in CW's behavior. She went into great detail describing SW's personality, her need for routines and schedules. There's also a good video of a conversation with Cindy (from LeVel IIRC). I haven't seen them posted here yet but could've missed them. I won't direct link. Search youtube for 'Phone call to Christina in Hawaii-Chris Watts murder' and 'Chris Watts murder BWC Ofc James phone call with Cindy'. Then select the filter in the upper left corner for "Today". (Videos were uploaded last night.) These women and NUA showed reactions that would be typical when SW and her daughters were missing, creating a stark contrast to CW's behavior. IMO.
Thanks kizzykat! Listening to Christina was a refreshing change from NK’s chopped up and confusing ramblings.

Although his dream was to be a Nascar Mechanic, where all the action is. Imo
IIRC He went to school for it, but never had the ability, drive, etc., to make it. All of his success in life was because of Shanann; buying a house, having a family, getting in shape. traveling. Even meeting NK! Without Shanann he would NOT have been in shape, noticeable, or in a position to meet her. Actually, without Shanann he would still be a chubby, unnoticeable mechanic in N.C.

I wonder if CW ever thinks about the amazing, positive impact Shanann had on his life and the gifts she gave him? Shanann wasn't the boat anchor in that relationship, he was!

And why didn't the braintrust pull his truck into the garage farther-certainly the bed could have gone deeper into the garage up to the cab. Less movement for his neighbors camera to record.
Right! Pull her car out, back his all the way in, close the door. What on earth would he have done if his immediate neighbor to the right (if facing the house, not the one with the camera) heard him or popped out of the house for some reason, as he was, well, moving the bodies. Wasn't it a 2-car garage anyway?

Hmmmm? I think about things and possible reactions or results. CW was loading the truck at 5:30 A.M. The garage door was open. What would have happened if a neighbor had been out (jogging, going to work, etc.) seen him, and walked into the garage to see if he (CW) needed help? I've done that.

Wow, thanks for posting. The Christina call was fascinating to hear. She did say SW had said the girls didn't even want to be near Chris when they saw him. I'm so impressed with SW's friends. These ladies knew her so well and were on the ball.

I'm not finding these on youtube based on the search verbiage provided?

IIRC He went to school for it, but never had the ability, drive, etc., to make it. All of his success in life was because of Shanann; buying a house, having a family, getting in shape. traveling. Even meeting NK! Without Shanann he would NOT have been in shape, noticeable, or in a position to meet her. Actually, without Shanann he would still be a chubby, unnoticeable mechanic in N.C.

I wonder if CW ever thinks about the amazing, positive impact Shanann had on his life and the gifts she gave him? Shanann wasn't the boat anchor in that relationship, he was!

This is why I see him as a hidden psychopath like Ian Stewart. A parasite.

Everything was done for him to give him the dream middle class life. But then one day he decided to take it all for himself to get something better

I do wonder if SWs previous bad relationship meant she didn't actually know what a good relationship would be like.

Maybe she assumed this was as good as it gets

Hmmmm? I think about things and possible reactions or results. CW was loading the truck at 5:30 A.M. The garage door was open. What would have happened if a neighbor had been out (jogging, going to work, etc.) seen him, and walked into the garage to see if he (CW) needed help? I've done that.

That's a good point. Also, I was wondering, what about the neighbor on the other side where he was loading the bodies into the cab?? They could've easily seen

I’ve seen you mention “cheap construction “ a couple of times. Why do you say that? Looks like a nicer than Average tract home in middle class USA. Just curious. I believe you are non-American, so I’m always intrigued to see how Us Americans are viewed by others.

Early on, I thought the house/neighborhood must have been upper class but then realized housing was expensive out there, so it’s not like they had the choice of a nice house in a good school district for $200k. But they look like nice homes to me.

I live in Canada, that house would easily be $750,000+ Canadian in my small city of 20,000 and well over a million in places like Vancouver. If that’s how the average American is living then I’m moving. ;)

That's a good point. Also, I was wondering, what about the neighbor on the other side where he was loading the bodies into the cab?? They could've easily seen
I truly wonder if his real goal wasn't freedom and a new life, but to get caught and punished! And also punishing his Mother. He took a lot of chances and made a lot of mistakes.

I found it unusual that NK was so private with her personal life with her friends. She stated her friend Charlotte was her girl and her everything. She texted her sexual things about CW, yet she wasn’t going to tell her anything about the ongoing investigation and that her bf killed his family and she was the mistress. That’s odd - super odd.
jmo
Yes, her best friend whom she referred to as being "so retarded." But as I understood it she did not want to reveal any details about the crime since she was a witness and it was an ongoing investigation. She also expressed concern about the media contacting her and asking her for details. She also talked about how Charlottes dad had just died and and she didn't think she even knew that Chris was the one she had the affair with, as she would not have had her mind on that. Maybe its a combination of those things.

What I found to be disconcerting was that she kept cursing! She said the "f" word twice. Is that just normal with the younger generation or what?! She's about 15 years younger than me but my nephews are in their early twenties and I can't imagine them cursing in an interview like that. It's just not appropriate. The investigator was incredibly patient. I think if it was me I would have asked her if her mother taught her how to speak like that. I've always been pretty laid back but that language I just can't tolerate. Maybe I'm just getting old. Imo

Here we go again...today's version of Inmate Watts' location.

Murderer Chris Watts Transferred To Wisconsin Prison Notorious For Serial Killers
Wife and child killer Chris Watts has been transferred to the infamous Dodge Correctional Institution in Waupun, Wisconsin — where he will rot behind bars with other notorious murderers, RadarOnline.com can exclusively report.

Now, he will serve five life sentences alongside Chris Coleman, an Illinois man who was convicted of crimes eerily similar to those of Watts. The former bodyguard to televangelist Joyce Meyer is serving a life sentence for killing his wife and two children to run off with his mistress.

Disturbing serial killer Ed Gein — who was the inspiration for Psychocharacter Norman Bates — also was an inmate at DCI before his 1984 death.

Though the Wisconsin Department of Corrections would not confirm or deny Watts was transferred to DCI, the killer is included on the prison’s commissary listing.

Last edited:
I missed a lot here because of work. The phone call on youtube from SW's friend Christina contains her talking to Cindy too?? Cindy IMO played a big role in hurting their marriage. What a shame. Also, CW is going to prison in Wisconsin! Someone posted Co. has a max security prison, why not there??

We have two Cindys in this case. One is a good friend of Shanann and who is looking out for her. The other is her monster-in-law.

CW was moved out of state for safety / security reasons. Everyone in CO thinks he is a monster.

Last edited:
And why didn't the braintrust pull his truck into the garage farther-certainly the bed could have gone deeper into the garage up to the cab. Less movement for his neighbors camera to record.
Maybe that's what he was thinking when he looked so nervous watching the video. Like when he had his hands on his head.

Like he justified he was done with her and needed to be thrown away like trash. RW's pisses me off.

Narcissists/sociopaths and abusers don't come from nowhere. Sometimes how those pieces came together for a certain perp is a bit of a mystery. NOT HERE.

But if he premeditated it during the weeks before how could he possibly have thought he could get away with it? Let’s just start with CW leaving that matching sheet behind in that oil field? Or his mother in law (God love her) whose first thought was he covered her in oil? Or that anyone would believe that SW so willingly would leave behind, never to see again, her parents, her brother, her friends, and her job that she loved so much? Or his affair(s)? Or that NK would be ok with taking up with a quadruple murderer? That’s just for starters. Are you satisfied with stupid as an explanation? Psycho-stupid?

Layla123, I beg you to read "The Sociopath Next Door" by Martha Stout. I think everything will become much clearer. These people really do believe they are so much smarter than everyone else, or so charming, or they just simply have so little concern with consequences, that they just assume they will get away with everything. The sad part is that sometimes actually they do! Their brains work totally different from normal people. I get how hard it is for normal people to wrap their heads around this, I do: I stayed with my abusive sociopath ex-husband for 8 years because I refused to believe that he could really have no compassion or empathy. I truly believed that everyone has good in them that could be drawn out if you just tried hard enough. (I even gave him the exact same book SW gave CW.) TO THIS DAY and even after going to jail and now being on probation for DV my ex still feels no empathy or compassion or true remorse for any of his cruel behavior. Even toward his own children! And he still blames everyone but himself for his problems and thinks there is nothing wrong with him.

We will all be so much safer once we admit these people do exist and will not change, and that we cannot "get through" to them and make them feel empathy or compassion or remorse no matter how good and kind and loving we are. We cannot give them the benefit of the doubt. Their brains are different. They are predators, even if they never become physically violent. We cannot make them stop being predatory with love or reason. We can only protect ourselves by refusing to engage with them! Knowledge is power. Knowledge is protection. Spread the word and protect yourselves and everyone you love.

I live in Canada, that house would easily be $750,000+ Canadian in my small city of 20,000 and well over a million in places like Vancouver. If that’s how the average American is living then I’m moving. ;)
I live in California, a house like that would go for $1.4 million + easily, even further inland . . . the stress of paying for housing here is definitely the biggest problem families face

I just watched the slowed down video of Chris dragging Shannan to his truck.

I hope every time he closes his eyes to sleep, he sees Shannan, Bella and Ceces beautiful faces, I hope every time he breathes he smells Shannans perfume and the precious babies. I hope every time he hears a laugh, the sound of his babies playing and laughing echos in his mind, “My Daddy is my hero”. I hope every time he dreams, it’s paralyzing nightmares where he’s unable to awaken from the cold hard metal bunk as he has to gasp for air and bites his tongue so hard that he bleeds like beautiful Shannan, Bella and Ceces final moments.

I hate this man and truly hope he never has another peaceful moment in this world.

Could you link the video? The footage I saw he walks back and forth to his truck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CAC6968