GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #66

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He didn’t really lose control per se. He planned these acts. He planned to kill his family and he did. This wasn’t a sudden act of rage no matter how bad his family and his adoring supporters want to think it was.
I disagree. I don't think he pre-planned to kill the children. I think he killed them because they witnessed the murder of their mother. If he had pre-planned all the murders, he would have chosen another time when he wasn't expected at work and he would have used her car to dispose of the bodies. JMO

What is insulting is that you insinuate his motives are just for political purposes or for advancing his career. He took a child killer and put him away for life.

But that’s what a DA is. He is a political figure whose purpose is to prosecute crimes for the state. And all evidence released thus far, is evidence to support the prosecution’s case against Chris Watts if it had gone to trial. The DA succeeded on all counts—no compromises and he, as you say, “took a child killer and put him away for life”.

Yes, but it was suggested that he told a coworker that it was on the counter, which is where the purse was. I was wondering if he told two different stories. There are many examples of that but I had not heard the one about the ring.

This lie was that morning, before he went home, and possibly removed the ring from inside the Lexus, slipped it in his pocket, transferred it to the nightstand and found it for the police. Too many lies to keep every single one of them straight.

Exactly.. that’s what I said. What I don’t is why i can’t keep in mind who the DA is and what his job is.
Everyone knows that though. It is something that is implicitly understood.

When it is explicitly stated, it has implications that detract from what he did here, which was pretty amazing.

That’s the issue.

Yes, but it was suggested that he told a coworker that it was on the counter, which is where the purse was. I was wondering if he told two different stories. There are many examples of that but I had not heard the one about the ring.

NUA found her purse in the office. It's in the third discovery dump.

The DA cared. He cared that he was getting a conviction quickly in one of the highest profile cases in the country/world. Does wonders for one’s career.
Yes, it does. I think the DA was relieved tremendously when the PD approached them with the plea deal. JMO

I disagree. I don't think he pre-planned to kill the children. I think he killed them because they witnessed the murder of their mother. If he had pre-planned all the murders, he would have chosen another time when he wasn't expected at work and he would have used her car to dispose of the bodies. JMO
The DA and LE who have all the evidence disagree with you. Have you read the discovery documents?

He was already plotting to get to Cervi-319 by himself though in texts with co-workers well before the murders, so I think that suggests it was pre planned.

Or he killed the little girls because if he was trying to spin it that Shanann left him, everyone knew there is no way she would leave her girls behind and take off without them, IMO

I strongly disagree. There is evidence Bella fought back. Her death wasn't quick, it was incredibly cruel and we don't know if the children witnessed their mother's death. I think strangulation is an incredibly violent infliction because it takes time.

Loss of control and rage are why so many cases of domestic violence occur when the abuser is under the influence and I'm just not buying the theory that CW lost control only because he was in love with someone else. JMO
I agree. Even the DA said the affair was a "partial motive" meaning, there's more to it than just the affair.

But he CHOSE to go out to that work site several days before, and made sure he would be alone. It was actually a very good plan as far as hiding the girls. Who would ever think to look inside old soon to be decommissioned storage tanks. If you have looked at the surrounding land it is also an excellent spot to bury a woman, it is remote, accessed only by oil co. employees and a God forsaken deserted part of the state. He gave it all a lot of thought, IMO.

You may find it cynical and insulting but that’s just your opinion. And factually there’s nothing wrong with what he did. He set out to prosecute for the Watts murders and that’s what he did. He delivered what, 7 first-degree pleas. What is insulting about that?
Nothing. And the plea deal helped him save face after the the legal screw-ups surrounding the autopsy release. JMO

It’s amazing only if you have absolutely no questions left unanswered regarding when the murders took place, in what order, and if NK and his weird teenage obsession with her are the sole motives. That’s fine if you do, but I don’t. And it may not matter to do, and you may ask, “who cares, he’s put away for life”. But I care and my opinion matters too.
The evidence does not lend itself to the answers you, or any of us for that matter, are seeking.

That’s the nature of the crime.

His handling of this case is what we are amazed by.

Yes, any other DA likely would have had a similar result, that’s not the point.

How he conducted himself.

How he treated the family of the victims.

How he treated the family of the killer.

How he interacted with the media.

How he presented the evidence.

His obvious recognition of the gravity of this case.

His obvious emotional connection to all of those people who were suffering.

That’s the point.

Oh, wow. I have not been able to access the second document dump yet, but saw a source on YouTube that showed texts between SW and a friend. (Not sure that I can share link). Reading these texts brings me back to my initial thoughts when I saw CW porch interviews on the local news.
I felt at the time that it was the case of a woman saying she is leaving and fighting for full custody. And the husband deciding that there is no way his wife is leaving him...so he decides to permanently not allow her to leave.
I always felt CW's story of him wanting to end the marriage was bogus.
His marriage worked for him. He could have the facade of being a good husband and dad while he could get his "strange" from somewhere else.
In my opinion, CW realized that he was about to get called out by SW and he had to silence her.
NK was just a side dish..nothing more.
But the final blow to CW's ego was having SW saying she was leaving.
No way was he going to allow that to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Senor710