GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #67

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So true. You made me think about it and I realized we only have her word that CW told her that he was getting a divorce and (later) that the divorce was final. Did he? That brings us back to deleted messages. Could some of the deleted messages paint a different picture of the CW/NK relationship? Did some messages contain references to SW and reveal what NK really knew?
these last few days she was messaging her friend saying about "not having firsts" with him .
you beat cha there are 'not having firsts' texts between lover boy and lover girl.

right there lies motive. there lies relevance....there lies the truth.

imo

So true. You made me think about it and I realized we only have her word that CW told her that he was getting a divorce and (later) that the divorce was final. Did he? That brings us back to deleted messages. Could some of the deleted messages paint a different picture of the CW/NK relationship? Did some messages contain references to SW and reveal what NK really knew?

I still wonder about WhatsApp or something like that.

I wonder if LE ever pursued that angle.

I still wonder about WhatsApp or something like that.

I wonder if LE ever pursued that angle.
WhatsApp has end-to-end encryption. If both NK and CW deleted their chats on their phones then they are not recoverable, unless one of them backed up their chat history to the cloud. Although that would defeat the purpose of deleting the conversations within the app, theoretically there could be an unencrypted record. But it's unlikely I think and we would probably already know about those messages if they were recoverable because LE searched both their computers and that would include Google Drive etc. That's assuming they used WhatsApp at all. (I think NK said they didn't use any texting apps for what that's worth.)

Usually, people who are being unfaithful are a bit more covert than to use text messaging. IMO they probably used other apps to communicate, despite what NK claims. Heck, they used the secret calculator— they weren’t clueless.

IMO CW didn’t accept a plea/skip a lengthy trial because he felt he deserved the punishment. He probably did it because he wanted to protect NK.... maybe just from shame but it makes me wonder if she had prior knowledge.

Before his plea, when he was in jail, didn’t the defense make it so that his visitor log was private? Could it be that NK visited him and begged him to avoid a trial /keep her out of it?

Usually, people who are being unfaithful are a bit more covert than to use text messaging. IMO they probably used other apps to communicate, despite what NK claims. Heck, they used the secret calculator— they weren’t clueless.
Snipped by me.
Yes I agree it would have made more sense to use WhatsApp than texting considering both the affair and their age group. Most 20 and 30-somethings use WhatsApp or something similar and I don't think we can take NK's word for it that they didn't. It would have got pretty expensive for her too sending all those nude images by traditional text. WhatsApp messages are free and a safer choice from a privacy point of view. If they deleted their chats to each other, there would be no record of them, unless one of them did something dumb like enabling auto back-up.

The Secret Calculator was only used by CW though. NK had no need for such a thing as she didn't have a husband to hide nude pics from. It's just a storage app.

Snipped by me.
Yes I agree it would have made more sense to use WhatsApp than texting considering both the affair and their age group. Most 20 and 30-somethings use WhatsApp or something similar and I don't think we can take NK's word for it that they didn't. It would have got pretty expensive for her too sending all those nude images by traditional text. WhatsApp messages are free and a safer choice from a privacy point of view. If they deleted their chats to each other, there would be no record of them, unless one of them did something dumb like enabling auto back-up.

The Secret Calculator was only used by CW though. NK had no need for such a thing as she didn't have a husband to hide nude pics from. It's just a storage app.

I don’t know anyone in their 20s or 30s who doesn’t have unlimited text messaging or iMessage.

I don’t know anyone in their 20s or 30s who doesn’t have unlimited text messaging or iMessage.
Good point. Where I live unlimited text plans aren't that common and iPhones aren't as dominant here as they are in the US. So chat apps are usually the way to go.

You're right. Perhaps they just texted/iMessaged.

IMO CW didn’t accept a plea/skip a lengthy trial because he felt he deserved the punishment. He probably did it because he wanted to protect NK.... maybe just from shame but it makes me wonder if she had prior knowledge.

Before his plea, when he was in jail, didn’t the defense make it so that his visitor log was private? Could it be that NK visited him and begged him to avoid a trial /keep her out of it?
The plea deal came quickly, when there was no need for capitulation. The DA hadn't even announced whether or not he would seek the death penalty. The defense had plenty of time. So, why the rush? I believe CW sees himself as a knight in shining armor and NK as the "Lady Fair" that he's protecting. I also believe that NK knew about pregnancy and a lot more about Shanann and the marriage than she's admitted. And, NK was partly responsible for the murders, albeit perhaps subtlety, like; "Get rid of the wife and kids, or lose me."

The DA nailed CW on all nine (9) charges, avoided a lengthy trial, and saved the taxpayers a bundle. He was happy and looked good and the Rzuceks were happy. And case closed. Early on CW begged LE to leave NK alone. Maybe he did the same with the DA and made a deal for NK to walk away unscathed.

Her relationship with CW is/could be key to understanding why this happened.

Like it or not, outside of CW, Shanann and the children, she is the most involved/closest to this crime. That is not saying she was party to what happened but she unfortunately is involved.

His cards and notes written to her read like something prepared by a love sick teenager, not a thirty something married father of 3. He was clearly besotted with her. She herself expressed doubts if he was the one for her, as she wanted someone to experience "firsts" with and he had already done these "firsts". Was that what pushed him over the edge ? We don't know, but that is one example of how she may have had a part to play in decisions CW made and I will stress decisions HE alone made.

Likewise she made a decision to date a married man. Opinions can differ on this in life, she is single why should she be to blame, he was the married one, he should be the responsible one. Fair enough I suppose but we are all accountable for our actions.

So I don't think it is as simple as saying she was his mistress, he was a nut job, she has moved on.

There are many looking for answers as to why, not least Shananns family. Anybody who had a significant part to play in the life of CW in the run up to this tragedy may be able to help and should be willing to do so, imo.

That's not gossip, like it or not she was his significant other for a period of time.
It was interesting to see the initial emails between NK/CW exchanged via work email. NK essentially coveted SW's life in print! CW was also intoxicated by NK's compliments leading to the first date in the park. For a narc, attention and compliments are as necessary as oxygen. Fortunately, CW is where he belongs as I do not believe that NK would have been a credible witness whatsoever. NK body language alone during her interviews were enough for me... MOO

WhatsApp has end-to-end encryption. If both NK and CW deleted their chats on their phones then they are not recoverable, unless one of them backed up their chat history to the cloud. Although that would defeat the purpose of deleting the conversations within the app, theoretically there could be an unencrypted record. But it's unlikely I think and we would probably already know about those messages if they were recoverable because LE searched both their computers and that would include Google Drive etc. That's assuming they used WhatsApp at all. (I think NK said they didn't use any texting apps for what that's worth.)

Isn't this just another one of her lies, and they used the secret calculator app to chat?

Isn't this just another one of her lies, and they used the secret calculator app to chat?
I don't think Secret Calculator has a chat function, as far as I know anyway. It is meant to be used for private photo storage. In the phone data review in the discovery files, there were lots of mentions of CW moving photos of NK to his Secret Calculator app. If the photos had been sent by her within the app (by chat) there would be no need for him to move them there. But that's just my understanding of how it works. I've never used that particular app myself!

The fact that she admitted to LE that she felt "not right" being in "their space" when she was in their home shows she knew they weren't separated.
Haaa.. not until this case did I learn that current day marital separation includes sharing the same mega home, while sleeping in the basement! Oh we're so evolved-- yet we can't afford first/last months rent, etc. living this separate, modern day lifestyle.... MOO

Last edited:
CW will spend the rest of his, short or long, life in prison. He may, or may not, be happy. He may, or may not, reflect on what he's done and it's true damage. He may, one day, realize that there was no nobility in any of his actions and his beloved NK has moved on and forgotten him! NK will disentangle herself, from this mess and will move on. It's likely that she will one day marry, and have children of her own. She may make more bad decisions in the future, because she is vain and selfish. Or perhaps she's learned, and she will live a peaceful and positive life.

CW caused death and destruction. He's a heartless monster. To some degree, NK abetted him and his monstrosity. The death that CW caused includes the death of, all of who and what he was, for the rest of his existence. The destruction CW has caused includes the destruction of his life as anything more than a prisoner. NK has an opportunity to move forward and atone. IMHO, she's off to a bad start, but there will be time and opportunity. If we hear from, or about her, again, it will likely mean she's failed.

Meanwhile the rest of us will continue on with our lives, perhaps follow this story or others, and try to understand; why?

Chris Watts' Alleged Gay Lover Reveals Details of Their 10-Month Affair: Netflix, Meeting the Girls and More
A man who claims to have had a 10-month affair with convicted killer Chris Watts is opening up exclusively to Inside Edition about their relationship.

Bolte claims he's still haunted by some of the comments Watts made about his family during their relationship, saying that Watts frequently spoke about getting rid of Shan'ann.

Days before the murders of Shan'ann, who was 15 weeks pregnant, and Bella and Celeste, Bolte said he received a long text message from Watts.

"Chris said that he was in love with me," Bolte recalled. "He said he had never been so comfortable with someone. He said he felt like he could actually be himself around me."

News of Watts' arrest shortly afterward came as a "complete shock," Bolte said.

"I got ill," Bolte said. "... I wish I had never met him."

Does Inside Edition verify their guests before their appearance on the show/taping?

Should we believe this Trent Bolte or just another person wanting their 15 minutes of fame?

Did LE find this “long text message” that Trent claims CW sent him?

Chris Watts' Alleged Gay Lover Reveals Details of Their 10-Month Affair: Netflix, Meeting the Girls and More
A man who claims to have had a 10-month affair with convicted killer Chris Watts is opening up exclusively to Inside Edition about their relationship.

Bolte claims he's still haunted by some of the comments Watts made about his family during their relationship, saying that Watts frequently spoke about getting rid of Shan'ann.

Days before the murders of Shan'ann, who was 15 weeks pregnant, and Bella and Celeste, Bolte said he received a long text message from Watts.

"Chris said that he was in love with me," Bolte recalled. "He said he had never been so comfortable with someone. He said he felt like he could actually be himself around me."

News of Watts' arrest shortly afterward came as a "complete shock," Bolte said.

"I got ill," Bolte said. "... I wish I had never met him."
Good job. I would like to see some evidence.

Does Inside Edition verify their guests before their appearance on the show/taping?

Should we believe this Trent Bolte or just another person wanting their 15 minutes of fame?

Did LE find this “long text message” that Trent claims CW sent him?
The interview. :rolleyes: It is pretty obvious to me the FBI doesn‘t believe a single word he’s saying:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
telecrushxx