GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #68

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to agree...if this new interview was about credibly pulling anyone else into this crime or any other for that matter, I can’t fathom it would be going public...it would be part of a new or reopened investigation. Things might leak...but recordings and reports wouldn’t be officially available for public consumption anytime soon like this.

exactly.

NK isn't getting prosecuted guys

I guess that conspiracy just won't die

I would have said the same a few days ago, but why is someone from the Frederick Police Department flying to Wisconsin to speak to him now?

If it’s some kind of behavioral analysis of family annihilators, Frederick Police wouldn’t be involved in that. I just can’t figure it out. We’ll know soon enough I guess, but it’s perplexing!

Finally that horrible YouTube account Plunder has been terminated. I think these are the next steps the family is talking about. I think their lawyers are sending cease and desist letters to YouTube to stop all these people saying horrible things and making money off their families deaths.

I generally avoid YouTube videos on this case like the plague, since so many provide false information and sensationalize the case like its all for entertainment rather than real peoples lives.

But I did watch one today by a retired NYPD Detective of 22 years that made me think more about this interview, and NK.

He said there’s no way they went up there just for a chat. It would have had a real purpose. CW’s case is done, he’s never getting out of prison (sorry to disappoint his fans, there’s no coercion, there will be no reduction in his sentence, it’s over, he’s never going home). So that leaves something else.

One thing he mentioned is what struck me the most, because it had left me scratching my head at the time. It’s when the DA indicated he wasn’t too happy with NK, saying that her deletion of messages and emails slowed or hindered the investigation. This detective said it’s not uncommon for LE to participate in some deception (perfectly legal) in order to make someone feel comfortable, or feel that they may have gotten away with something. This could be one example, because there is NO WAY those messages and emails were not retrievable. They most definitely had/have them all.

You would need to be a high tech hacker with special equipment to truly wipe a phone clean. Restoring to factory settings, deleting, erasing, whatever - it’s all still there, and they will get it. Every message, every search - everything. So why say that, except to make NK think “phew! They’ll never see them”?

And now they’re up there interviewing CW, whose case is done and dusted. There’s no legal out for him. But perhaps he sits there day in and day out, thinking why am I here and she is not?

NK was always a bit of a non entity to me, just a generic mistress. But, the KB case shows us what a mistress is capable of, even when she’s not the instigator.

I know lots of people have thought NK was involved all along, but I’ve honestly never really considered it. Yet now it feels like the only thing that could fit with this latest interview. I just can’t think what else it’s all about.

People also wondered why they released certain embarrassing information about her when it didn’t seem necessary. Perhaps this too was considered and deliberate.

CW himself wouldn’t make a credible or reliable witness. But if he’s able to point them to physical or other substantial evidence of someone else’s involvement, it would be well worth their time going up there.

Just pondering, all IMO. So many twists and turns, even when you think it’s all over

I can't stand watching that guy. I tried just to see what all the hoopla was but he is just so irritating to watch imo. I think hes just making videos that will get the most hits and make him the most money. For sure implicating NK will get tons of views.

I don't buy into his theory at all. If that were true; the information would not have been released until they arrested her.

IMO he admitted that the whole thing was planned so that he could start over with NK with no debt, child support and life ins payout. I also think he will admit the girls were dead before SW got home. And that he killed SW after she went to bed. I don't think SW ever saw it coming.

I pray for her family that this will be the end of this nightmare

I generally avoid YouTube videos on this case like the plague, since so many provide false information and sensationalize the case like its all for entertainment rather than real peoples lives.

But I did watch one today by a retired NYPD Detective of 22 years that made me think more about this interview, and NK.

He said there’s no way they went up there just for a chat. It would have had a real purpose. CW’s case is done, he’s never getting out of prison (sorry to disappoint his fans, there’s no coercion, there will be no reduction in his sentence, it’s over, he’s never going home). So that leaves something else.

One thing he mentioned is what struck me the most, because it had left me scratching my head at the time. It’s when the DA indicated he wasn’t too happy with NK, saying that her deletion of messages and emails slowed or hindered the investigation. This detective said it’s not uncommon for LE to participate in some deception (perfectly legal) in order to make someone feel comfortable, or feel that they may have gotten away with something. This could be one example, because there is NO WAY those messages and emails were not retrievable. They most definitely had/have them all.

You would need to be a high tech hacker with special equipment to truly wipe a phone clean. Restoring to factory settings, deleting, erasing, whatever - it’s all still there, and they will get it. Every message, every search - everything. So why say that, except to make NK think “phew! They’ll never see them”?

And now they’re up there interviewing CW, whose case is done and dusted. There’s no legal out for him. But perhaps he sits there day in and day out, thinking why am I here and she is not?

NK was always a bit of a non entity to me, just a generic mistress. But, the KB case shows us what a mistress is capable of, even when she’s not the instigator.

I know lots of people have thought NK was involved all along, but I’ve honestly never really considered it. Yet now it feels like the only thing that could fit with this latest interview. I just can’t think what else it’s all about.

People also wondered why they released certain embarrassing information about her when it didn’t seem necessary. Perhaps this too was considered and deliberate.

CW himself wouldn’t make a credible or reliable witness. But if he’s able to point them to physical or other substantial evidence of someone else’s involvement, it would be well worth their time going up there.

Just pondering, all IMO. So many twists and turns, even when you think it’s all over
I wonder if the detectives ever asked her if she knew why the Lexus was frequently parked way down the street. If so, they didn't include that question in the interviews they released.

Finally that horrible YouTube account Plunder has been terminated. I think these are the next steps the family is talking about. I think their lawyers are sending cease and desist letters to YouTube to stop all these people saying horrible things and making money off their families deaths.
I've always wondered how that site (on youtube) got away with using all of SW's videos, chopping them up, and placing suggestive one liners on them for click bait.

Last edited:
I've seen some chatter about the possible application of "Rule 35" but not having any law background, I don't know if it would even apply to the type of conviction he received. It was a state conviction (?)
  1. Federal Rules of Criminal ProcedureTITLE VII. POST-CONVICTION PROCEDURES › Rule 35. Correcting or Reducing a Sentence
Rule 35. Correcting or Reducing a Sentence

(b) Reducing a Sentence for Substantial Assistance
(1) In General. Upon the government's motion made within one year of sentencing, the court may reduce a sentence if the defendant, after sentencing, provided substantial assistance in investigating or prosecuting another person.

Last edited:
I can't stand watching that guy. I tried just to see what all the hoopla was but he is just so irritating to watch imo. I think hes just making videos that will get the most hits and make him the most money. For sure implicating NK will get tons of views.

I don't buy into his theory at all. If that were true; the information would not have been released until they arrested her.

IMO he admitted that the whole thing was planned so that he could start over with NK with no debt, child support and life ins payout. I also think he will admit the girls were dead before SW got home. And that he killed SW after she went to bed. I don't think SW ever saw it coming.

I pray for her family that this will be the end of this nightmare

Ah, see this is the first I’ve seen of him, I usually avoid videos on the subject (except official press conferences or actual footage etc), maybe I should stick to that..!

I also don’t think SW saw it coming. Completely blindsided. It breaks my heart to think about how upset she was at how cold he was being and the prospect of her marriage ending, only for it to be a billion times worse than she could have ever imagined. Something so unimaginable.

Ah, see this is the first I’ve seen of him, I usually avoid videos on the subject (except official press conferences or actual footage etc), maybe I should stick to that..!

I also don’t think SW saw it coming. Completely blindsided. It breaks my heart to think about how upset she was at how cold he was being and the prospect of her marriage ending, only for it to be a billion times worse than she could have ever imagined. Something so unimaginable.
It seems like everyone (CW & family that is) were oh so aware that the marriage was breaking up for a long time. Everyone forgot to tell the wife.

CW is a pathological liar, so why has he decided less than 4 months after sentencing to tell the truth about what happened and why on that fateful night. Other murderers have confessed after serving years in prison, but it’s usually many, many years after they’ve had a long time to reflect on what they’ve done. With multiple life sentences and no prospect of ever leaving prison, I can see no reason why he would decide to confess.

It will be interesting to hear what he’s had to say, but I don’t for one moment believe it’s because he feels remorse for what he’s done. He’s a covert narcissist and must have felt immense shame when his mask was ripped off in front of his parents, but that’s about it. His so-called love for his girls was also a lie. Narcissists don’t know how to love. He even had to Google “What do you feel when someone tells you they love you”. This says it all.

As for finding God and knowing the bible, it’s a pity he didn’t recall Thou Shalt Not Kill before embarking on his murderous rampage. Narcissists are experts in manipulating people, and I believe his turning to the church is just another example of trying to do precisely that. There will be some empathic people who believe he seeks forgiveness and redemption. Call me cynical but I’m not buying it. He never shed a single tear for his wife, daughters or unborn child, but was able to force out a tear in court before he was sentenced. A tear for himself.

Unfortunately, I think it's back under a slightly different name.

Oh gosh that stinks! Sad this lady who runs it can make money off of murders.
I'd think there would be some automatic copyright on FB videos posted to your own page, even remaining there after your death. And a penalty for misuse of them. IE chopping them up to show snippets portraying a victim (still the owner of the videos, if only her estate) as bossy, as a ball breaker, whatever they feel like saying about her if she asked Chris to move over a bit before snapping a pic or one of her kids starting crying because they couldn't eat the chocolate chips before the cookies were made. God forbid that any kid in the world might throw a mini tantrum having been temporarily refused sweets... we all know that would result from child abuse. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:. But I still don't understand why her family did/does not shut it down. Maybe they are now, with ppl opening new YT channels with the same content under alternative names.

Last edited:
I'd think there would be some automatic copyright on FB videos posted to your own page, even remaining there after your death. And a penalty for misuse of them. IE chopping them up to show how a victim (still the owner of the videos, if only her estate) is bossy, a ball breaker, whatever they feel like saying about her if she asked Chris to move over a bit before snapping a pic or one of her kids starting crying because they couldn't eat the chocolate chips before the cookies were made. God forbid that any kid in the world might throw a mini tantrum having been temporarily refused sweets. But I still don't understand why her family did/does not shut it down. Maybe they are now, with ppl opening new YT channels with the same content under alternative names.

I think it must be like "whack a mole" as soon as they shut one down; another pops up. I hope they can get them all shut down. It is sickening the amount of money that is being made off their murdered family members

I think it must be like "whack a mole" as soon as they shut one down; another pops up. I hope they can get them all shut down. It is sickening the amount of money that is being made off their murdered family members

I'll admit that I have watched some of those videos and the ones I saw didn't have ads. The only way a YT video can make money is if there are ads attached to it. YT has pretty strict policies about what videos can have ads. If something is considered controversial or talks about subjects that are red listed in the TOS, they're not suitable for ads. A video can have 1 million views but without some kind of upsale, it's not making anything. So at least there's that. If you DO watch a video about SW or anything else and you think it's inappropriate then report it to YT. They may not remove it, but they may remove the advertisements and then at least the channel isn't making any money.

Wow suddenly this thread had 30 new pages. I just want to point out a few things from a prosecutors point of view.

CW was not coerced into his plea. He even said as much as part of his plea. He was not coerced. Everyone repeat: he was NOT coerced.

If he even felt he was coerced, that’s something he and his lawyer (whoever that is now) would be addressing through a motion. They would not send the alleged coercers to interview the person claiming he was coerced by them. That is illogical.

He was not coerced.

CW is not negotiating anything. He isn’t getting parole at any point, he isn’t getting out ever, he isn’t going to get pizza delivered to his cell in exchange for the truth.

NK is not going to be prosecuted. This remains a fantasy for many, and I understand the disdain for her. She is a terrible person. But she was not involved in the murders. Period.

If NK was getting prosecuted, the DAs office would NOT be releasing information on 3/7. Prosecutions and the investigations that go into them are kept under wraps for the integrity of the case. Basic stuff we all know.

If CWs parents genuinely believed their son was innocent, they would be yelling and screaming from the rooftops, mortgaging their home to pay for his defense. They are fully aware; delusional, but aware. They know what he did. That’s why they want it to be “done and over”. This is pretty obvious from Ronnie’s statement.

I’m sure some of this has been addressed by others in previous pages, but I just wanted to clarify. My personal opinion is that he’s had a come to Jesus moment, not unlike others brutal killers have had in prison. No way these guys took the time to go to Wisconsin for no reason. Shananns family possibly getting some answers IS reason and is good enough. I would have gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member