CO - Shannan Watts & Daughters Bella & CeCe Murdered By Chris Watts - *LWOP* #74

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So the gist is, Shanann was a "control freak" + she spent too much time doing the MLM Thrive stuff, it was very demanding of her time and attention.

"Nikki was everything my wife wasn't"
Now, I'm not a NK hater like I know a lot of people are. But based on her interviews, she herself is a rather controlling personality. She was monitoring his weight and food intake. She knew almost everything about his finances. She was trying help him find an apartment. And so on. Had Chris left SW and settled down with NK he'd probably have grown to hate her, too, in time.

It's so sad. This article takes me back to reading the discovery files years ago. Shanann begged coward Chris for weeks to just tell her what was wrong, and he wouldn't. Shanann struggled to figure it out for herself, and right before her death she told one friend that she knows she has "control issues" and wants to work on it. And she told another friend (Thrive friend) that she really needed to dial it back and spend more time with her family. Despite CW's stonewalling, she intuited why Chris might be dissatisfied with the marriage and was determined to work on herself and please him. :(

Of course, Chris was already cheating by that time. But my point is, all Chris had to do was tell Shanann what he wanted and why he was unhappy, and I think she would've been amenable to change and compromise. Her texts in the discovery are proof of that. But CW was too much of a coward to tell her anything, because if he'd complained, he'd no longer be the perfect husband, the perfect nice guy. It was easier for Chris to say nothing, and kill them all. He's such a broken person.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak
Back