Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 #100 *Case dismissed w/o Prejudice*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm livid, they simply took something said in court months ago, and identified it as the location. This is the Daily Mail making this claim as fact, when it doesn't appear to be so.

They say this: "The remote Garfield Mine where police believe the remains of Suzanne Morphew could be hidden."

Then say this:

"The spot could be close to the remote Garfield Mine which was mentioned in prosecution arguments during a pre-trial hearing in September 2021."
Daily mail usually gets facts wrong. Let’s hope that’s the case and prosecution has their eye on the right place.

He should have conducted an interrogation of a murder suspect, not go to Barry's house for dinner and act friendly
He didn't go to his house for a friendly dinner---you got your agents mixed up.

I don't understand why you have such disdain for Agent Grusing. He is one of the best, most brilliant agents in Colorado, as evidenced by his stellar career, and his success in many murder cases.

The current circumstances in this case are not Grusing's fault at all. He gave the DA a lot of ammunition for the trial. The problem is, they need the expert trial witnesses to lay out that evidence for the jurors. And the defense attorneys blocked that successfully.

Last edited:
He didn't go to his house for a friendly dinner---you got your agents mixed up.

I don't understand why you have such disdain for Agent Grusing. He is one of the best, most brilliant agents in Colorado, as evidenced by his stellar career, and his success in many murder cases.

The current circumstances in this case are not Grusing's fault at all. He gave the DA a lot of ammunition for the trial. The problem is, they needed the expert trial witnesses to lay out that evidence for there jurors. And the defense attorneys blocked that successfully.
He was perfect for this, and he squeezed every drop he could out of Barry.

I mean, there are lots of people who don't like him though, you know, people like double wife killer Harold Henthorn, and child killer Mark Redwine.

Barry isn't a fan either; I can't imagine many murderers are.

He was perfect for this, and he squeezed every drop he could out of Barry.

I mean, there are lots of people who don't like him though, you know, people like double wife killer Harold Henthorn, and child killer Mark Redwine.

Barry isn't a fan either; I can't imagine many murderers are.
Also, Patrick 'Cowboy' Frazee----since Grusing was the one who sniffed out his murder accomplice, after one phone call with her, asking her why she was visiting Frazee from Idaho. They may have gotten away with it if not for Agent Grusing's stealth interviews.

I wrote:

"Barry retains all of the rights previously granted by the court in previous filings."

What does this mean?

I have been absorbed in Johnny Depp's trial which has aggravated my PTSD due to the actions involved that are similar in nature to those I endured from a malignant narcissist. Hence, I read the DA's motion in haste this morning. Therefore, did not leave a link or further explanation and for that I apologize.
Please let me know if I misunderstand the legalese. TIA

Page 9 Section B:

"The Defendant’s bond would be discharged, and the case would be a nullity. In the event the case is refiled, the Defendant retains all of his rights to further litigation, and perhaps collateral estoppel on issues already decided. As such, the Defendant’s position would be no worse, and perhaps even stronger, should the case ever be refiled."

https://www.courts.state.co.us/user...49-34 Motion to Dismiss Without Prejudice.pdf

estoppel: a legal bar to alleging or denying a fact because of one's own previous actions or words to the contrary

I have not been keeping up with this case, so the fact that this was dismissed is shocking news to me! I'm sure there's so much I don't know, though.

It's reminding me of when the Moorers were let off the hook for the murder of Heather Elvis but then arrested and convicted of her kidnapping.
YES. Let's keep this image in our minds!

It's reminding me of when the Moorers were let off the hook for the murder of Heather Elvis but then arrested and convicted of her kidnapping.

Apologies if this line of thinking has already been posted. LE thinks they are close to finding the body but it’s buried under 5ft of snow.

So a potential body is under 5ft of snow on April 19, 2022.

SM was murdered May 12th (or 11th) 2020.

So wouldn’t it stand to reason that in May 2020 this same location would be under a substantial amount of snow?
Not necessarily.

THAT seems a losing proposition. I guess they didn't like that she didn't accept and run with reporting on their documents pre-filing as other more defense-cooperative reporters did, but instead waited until any motions or responses were formalized with actual, well... filing.

LS was professional throughout and has done nothing wrong.

Can I just say that, should I learn that BM reverts to form and skunks his attorneys on any currently outstanding bills, I probably would not be able to resist enjoying it. And he is likely foolish enough to do it.
I think he will pay them because he knows this is not done. He still needs them.

I do not like this defense attorney at all.
The prosecution has definitely not presented a stellar case, but she is making a lot of false accusations here.
She’s back to harping on the CODDIS hit.
She is making it sound as if LE never followed up on whether SM might have left the country, which is a lie.
She is stating that LE never followed up on any leads, which is a lie.
She is basically blaming LS for the reason people think BM is guilty.
If the family is grieving so badly, why are they skipping and laughing into court each day?
Truthfully, I couldn’t watch the whole thing.
The reason IE is out there screaming like a banshee is because she’s ticked she’s losing out on all those billable hours during the trial. In actuality she should be happy that she gets to do this whole dance again when they rearrest BM for First Degree Murder.
To me, it seems like she is poking the bear. I can imagine how riled up she is getting the Sheriff and all the investigators as well as the DA's office. She is just making them even more inspired to keep this case alive and active.

I’m skeptical that prosecution thinks they have found human remains. I think they are bluffing. However, let them get their act together and refile the case.

In the meantime, I predict a few vacations to Mexico or elsewhere will be upcoming.
The prosecution didn't say the 'found' human remains, did they?

I thought she just said they have an idea where the remains could be, but there is still too much snow to recover them.

To me, it seems like she is poking the bear. I can imagine how riled up she is getting the Sheriff and all the investigators as well as the DA's office. She is just making them even more inspired to keep this case alive and active.
IE is still an officer of the court. And as such, her conduct (like that of DA LS) could result in sanctions. But maybe not at this juncture in the proceedings. Darn it.

Officer of the court - Wikipedia

JMO

No matter what happens form here.

The stigma that people know you killed her Barry.

Is good with me.

I think this is a good call.
Time is now going to be on LE side to get it done.

Barry better hope that his relationship with SD stays strong. I mean, how many cases have come together because of a scorned lover out for revenge.

Barry better hope that his relationship with SD stays strong. I mean, how many cases have come together because of a scorned lover out for revenge.
What do you believe about the DA’s statement saying they believe they know where the body is? Just asking for more time or actual belief that they know?

Spezze feels confident in Barry’s guilt, as we at Websleuths do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member