Kentucky - Judge killed, sheriff arrested in Letcher County courthouse shooting - Sep. 19, 2024

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed that Stamper, the lead investigator, used the term dinner for the mid day meal which is usually referred to as lunch these days. This may seem insignificant to most people but it reveals something about his upbringing.

I'm old. My grandmother was born in 1888. She was a huge part of my upbringing. Dinner time was the main meal of the day. There was a dinner bell in the yard to ring to call people to dinner. Supper was the last meal of the day.

IMO Stamper is old school in his value system. That says a lot about his nonchalance on the stand. He wasn't forthcoming at all. He wasn't upset or emotional. He like a lot of old people have a code of conduct that supersedes the present day expectations of litigating problems .

All my opinion, but justice can be elusive sometimes. Especially when it involves friends and families in small historically insulated communities.

Hang on to your hat! It's gonna be a wild ride!

But what else would they do? They're not going to sit on the prosecution side of the courtroom, and they aren't going to stay home - think of the rumors that either of those actions would initiate. It's a very small town.
I am flummoxed by this one, don't know what to think....

I cannot imagine a 17 year old showing her face in such a high profile situation if your elderly lover was just shot by her father. On the other hand I also cannot imagine what else could make a man give up his whole life and shoot his longtime friend so coldly.

I noticed that Stamper, the lead investigator, used the term dinner for the mid day meal which is usually referred to as lunch these days. This may seem insignificant to most people but it reveals something about his upbringing.

I'm old. My grandmother was born in 1888. She was a huge part of my upbringing. Dinner time was the main meal of the day. There was a dinner bell in the yard to ring to call people to dinner. Supper was the last meal of the day.

IMO Stamper is old school in his value system. That says a lot about his nonchalance on the stand. He wasn't forthcoming at all. He wasn't upset or emotional. He like a lot of old people have a code of conduct that supersedes the present day expectations of litigating problems .

All my opinion, but justice can be elusive sometimes. Especially when it involves friends and families in small historically insulated communities.

Hang on to your hat! It's gonna be a wild ride!

I take it as a southern thing, when i heard him say that I thought of Sara at my job in Georgia, she would holler “dinner time” for lunch.

Dinner time meal was supper.

Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members