Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #82

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a standard operating procedure for combing through AAs here on Websleuths? While I presume the AA will be heavily redacted, it will still contain a lot of info. Do we have folks who start at page 10, 20, etc., read for 10 pages and post the most interesting bits?

STUPID QUESTION ALERT!! (Still not well, and brain exceptionally fuzzy today, took the leek and potato soup into the bathroom to put in fridge, then I realised the fridge doesn't live there o_O)

BM waiving his right to a speedy trial, am assuming this is under advisement of his defence team, I imagine that BM himself would prefer 'this whole thing' that's probably the 2nd 'worst thing to have happened' to him to be over and done with pretty quickly and 'no questions asked' as he probably 'can't recall'.
Could this indicate that the defence has a HUGE amount of work to do to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that BM is (not (moo) ) innocent - or, is this typical in a trial, for speedy trial to be waived?

Thanks for your patience with me - it's very much appreciated :)
NOT a stupid question! Defendants have a right to a trial within 6 months after they enter a plea of not guilty. That would mean the trial would have to start no later than mid-April, 2022. The actual start date is less than a month later; May 3, 2022. Morphew did not cede much of his speedy trial right.

I speculate that the parties had discussions beforehand about the trial's expected duration and the calendars of the court, the attorneys, and perhaps some key witnesses. BM was persuaded by his attorneys that the (small) waiver was in his best interest. MOO.

I don't think Lauren will be in Chafee today. It wouldn't surprise me if she's a little frightened, to be honest. BM's sister made it clear they blame her (absurd.).
Au contraire....it wouldn't surprise me if she is there 1st in line with a mic, asking: "Mr. Morphew, how are you feeling today? Would you like to make a statement?"

She's pretty intrepid in my view.

People v. Morphew: For those of you asking/wondering, aside from setting the bond amount and time it may be posted (today at noon), the Court does not have anything to do with the bonded release of the defendant. The timing of the release is up to @ChaffeeSheriff
https://twitter.com/cocourts/status/1439981613186650117?s=21

People v. Morphew: The affidavit in this case is still scheduled to be released at noon today. A link from this feed will be distributed once the affidavit is posted.

https://twitter.com/cocourts/status/1439981902446821379?s=21
hey mg I wonder how much of the AA will be redacted ,I think we are going to be learning alot, to me it seemed like the closing argument was mostly about AA stuff , I really hope Barry has a hard time coming up with the cash his lawyers must be costing a pretty penny, I think with him having to stay in chaffee and the public will be seeing and talking about the AA he's not going to find much work ,whose going to rent to him ,I hope his life in chaffee county is a living hell but just moo

NOT a stupid question! Defendants have a right to a trial within 6 months after they enter a plea of not guilty. That would mean the trial would have to start no later than mid-April, 2022. The actual start date is less than a month later; May 3, 2022. Morphew did not cede much of his speedy trial right.

I speculate that the parties had discussions beforehand about the trial's expected duration and the calendars of the court, the attorneys, and perhaps some key witnesses. BM was persuaded by his attorneys that the (small) waiver was in his best interest. MOO.

Thank you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member