Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #84

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Andy's search was the following September. I do not believe that is the Cushman's primary residence, but a vacation spot/rental, like the earlier cleaning lady had told Lauren. It is my understanding those type of lots/communities often have more than one house on the property.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Morphew's didn't know Shoshona from back in 2018.

@Scootie98 :):):) ITWHOM
Did the Morphews have '"someone" clean their home or did Suzanne do it?

Attachments

• D46BE18E-69E8-4DD1-BC17-680B2132FA80.jpeg
    D46BE18E-69E8-4DD1-BC17-680B2132FA80.jpeg
    38 KB · Views: 113
No doubt the defense team and their investigator(s) are learning or have learned all about SD's place, her ex etc. in the investigation. The prosecution might not be as interested as they may not want to illuminate any alternative suspects.
IMO Au contraire... I suspect the defense may not want any "illumination" on anything to do with SD... I sense the prosecution knows way more than we do about SD/FB. We will just have to wait until it all becomes clear - imo

Thanks for the interesting post @fcavanaugh
You know, the current situation w/SD&BM is almost comical
IMO we did not see Sho at the PM hearing because BM’s legal gals really hoped to keep BM and SD’s relationship/ shacking up situation, on the down low
And now…a dumb little thing like making a poor choice for Sho to retrieve that package at the BM’s former residence, has blown the relationship wide open in a very public way
and all the little details are beginning to drip,drp,drip out …
It has to unnerving for the defense

IMO

BBM above.
I am pleased further problems are now created. :):):)
Imagine the changing ridiculous stories, BM would utter if speaking to LE.
Now the Defence will have this pleasure, with more money 'down the drain'.
I want this pitiful Creep, continually worrying about his dwindling money, due to his murderous actions.
More and more, drip, drip, drip to come......:D

I managed vacation property rentals in Colorado. Housekeepers still clean houses on Sundays.
That said, I’m not attempting to defend any of SD’s actions. Just wanted to say she could still claim that she had a “legitimate” reason to be there.

And this specific Sunday was Mother's Day so why was she cleaning that day of all days also?

IMO Au contraire... I suspect the defense may not want any "illumination" on anything to do with SD... I sense the prosecution knows way more than we do about SD/FB. We will just have to wait until it all becomes clear - imo

SA Grusing interrupted with Barry's earlier reference to King David's affair. Barry was told that Agents see bad things about people in investigations like this all the time, adding this was an intimate partner investigation from the beginning.
AA page 89

Ummm, I’d like to know exactly when BM started paying rent at this Salida residence where SD lives, snipped from article at link below and BBM:

In her filing, Stanley points out that Barry Morphew currently pays rent at a residence in Salida, Colorado, which is near the courthouse, and also where Shoshona Darke lives.

So we know BM moved out of the PP residence and into the condo in Poncha Springs fairly quickly imo after SM went “missing”, and that he was still living in the PS condo when he got arrested and was sitting in jail ever since his arrest until his release on bond a couple weeks ago. And we now know that since he got released, he’s been living in his old neighborhood at the Cushman’s place likely for free, imo. So my question is, WHY would BM the self described tight-wad who was too cheap to pay for his community trash services, be paying rent at a residence in Salida where SD lives that he himself didn’t/doesn’t even live at either prior to his arrest or since his release from jail?!

I assume SD was already residing at this residence in Salida when BM got arrested and where I assume he must have told the court he’d be living after he got released, and perhaps produced a check made out for rent for that address as “proof” that’s where he was going to be living. If so, he lied about where he was going to be living (surprise, not!) as we now know he was living in his old neighborhood at the Cushman’s place, which imo he deliberately went to live at Cushman’s for a few reasons, to keep an eye on his former PP residence (observe if any hidden evidence got moved, potentially further tamper with evidence), intimidate the Ritter’s by moving in basically right next door to them, and now we know his ankle monitor also didn’t track him well there due to poor reception in the area, and he most definitely knew about the poor reception in the PP area. How he thought he wouldn’t get caught living where he wasn’t supposed to be living is beyond me but then again, this is entitled BM we’re talking about, no one’s gonna tell him what to do, thinks he’s smarter than everyone else, that rules and laws don’t apply to him and obviously thinks nothing of brazenly breaking them.

At any rate, it would be helpful to know whose name is on the Salida residence lease. I assume it’s in BM’s name but regardless, more importantly if he’s been paying rent for that place for a length of time prior to and since his arrest to present while obviously not/hasn’t lived there himself, then I’d have to assume the DA found out that he’s been paying the rent there for awhile and that’s where she prefers he lives for obvious reasons. IMO, there’s only one reason he’d be paying rent for a place he doesn’t even live at that SD lives at, and that’s because it must benefit HIM in some way, like oh I don’t know say some sort of “hush, hush” deal was made between him and SD. IOW, do what I ask, keep your mouth shut, and I’ll find/put you up in a nice place and pay your rent.

Ugh, I really hope between now and BM’s trial, LE/DA find out more about the mysterious 2nd device BM had because something tells me there’s potentially damning info/communications between BM and SD on that device. I mean, this woman SD who ‘supposedly’ met BM face to face for the first time at a DUMPSTER lol several months after the fact according to the lying liar BM, is the same woman that called in a tip about seeing a suspicious vehicle on PP area the day SM went missing, really?! I suppose I’m supposed to believe that’s just another ‘coincidence’ on top of the mountainous pile of other ‘coincidences’ in this case. Yeah rigghhttt. This is also the same woman who deleted stuff on her phone from BM in front of LE, pulled up in BM’s truck and harassed a woman in front of the woman’s children and accused her of being BM’s enemy, trespassed on private property to grab a package off the porch of BM’s former residence, so I can’t help but wonder what else has SD done for, and to protect BM. I think that 2nd device might answer those questions so hopefully LE/DA are able to figure that all out too before trial.

All things considered, I’m thinking quite possibly BM & SD met/became involved before SM went “missing” and that SD knows a lot more than she’s saying and possibly even involved in some aspect/s of at the very least, the coverup. IMO, BM and SD are cut from the same cloth, two peas in a pod, and deserve each other. SMDH. I hope she turns on him and starts singing like a canary sooner rather than later.

Barry Morphew: Court docs reveal issues with GPS monitor, daughter's 'social relationship' with probation rep

All of the above IMHOO

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne

Your sentence, above, about 'entitled BM', sums up BM.
He, no longer, is Mr Importance, getting away with 'whatever he chooses'.
We all are seeing Mr Sly clearly now.:D
The more that is revealed, the better, and 'bail' has just started.

I managed vacation property rentals in Colorado. Housekeepers still clean houses on Sundays.
That said, I’m not attempting to defend any of SD’s actions. Just wanted to say she could still claim that she had a “legitimate” reason to be there.
The cleaning lady, SM and BM met during their evening walk at the dumpster on Wednesday, told them about Corona and that she had to clean more thoroughly because of that (food, trash etc.), because of the preliminary stop of rental to vacationers. So I remember.

Corona has given people a lot of excusations, what they were doing and what they weren't doing. ;):(

The cleaning lady, SM and BM met during their evening walk at the dumpster on Wednesday, told them about Corona and that she had to clean more thoroughly because of that (food, trash etc.), because of the preliminary stop of rental to vacationers. So I remember.

Corona has given people a lot of excusations, what they were doing and what they weren't doing. ;):(
Quoting: Lauren
Bridget Bulker (housekeeper)
"I went there (dumpster) it was late up in the evening and when I throw the thing over, she and her husband came to see who was throwing trash in there and I had like seven bags to throw in. They didn't know who I was. They asked why I was dumping? I said I manage properties up the road and they said oh okay! Now that we know who you are.

When I heard that she went missing, I said dang, I just talked to her a couple of days ago. People come and camp and they put things in the dumpster, so they were wondering if that was the case. That's all it is. They were going for a walk, on an evening walk."

When I asked if I could do an interview on camera she said NO I'm a mess... I've been cleaning. Can I report what you've said she replied yes.

"I think it was a Wednesday afternoon before she went missing. I had some guests that were here that had to leave because of corona. But then I came up here to take out all of the food that was inside, to take everything out. I was throwing things out because I didn't know so that's why I was there.

Those two is rental properties and their house and around here there are two people who live there. All of the people who live in this area are friendly. They'll talk to you because they all know each other. As I said, the dumpster they all pay for it. So it is a community. They all know each other."
End Quote.
There is no media link to post.

And this specific Sunday was Mother's Day so why was she cleaning that day of all days also?
If anyone was cleaning short term rentals it is because either the rental schedule required it, the homeowner asked for it or it fit the cleaning person's schedule. I'm not sure if you are referring to the fact that it was a Sunday or that some families make a big to-do about Mothers Day. But perhaps the home owners don't care when it is cleaned as long as it is cleaned quickly after renters leave....to get any left over food and garbage out and as a double check that everything is shut off, closed etc. It really isn't very mysterious in my mind.

Agree except I don’t think BM met SD at a dumpster. Wasn’t that BM/Suzanne evening stroll to the HOA dumpster a chit chat with an older gal? Please correct me if I’m incorrect.

Anyway, I too hope SD was looked at closely. And her vehicle. And the second cell device. Is she some older financially-desperate gal who was roped in earlier than Oct 2020?

Pages 92, 93 BM asserts he did not meet SD until Oct 25, 2020. “God answered his prayer of ‘Please give me something.’”

As of the April 5 2021 interview, BM states “There’s nothing sexual going on with her and I…”

Yet BM and SD are at The Antlers Hotel Feb 2021 in a single room.

So pffffft.

I’ve read the AA several times and am just overwhelmed with BM’s excuses, hyperbole, God excuses, victim blaming, tight rules, sneaky behavior, wildlife blaming, and God complex.

IMHO, clearly the DA needs to pull in several psychologists and psychiatrists to give a narrative about how BM’s mind works.

cattlekate, I agree with your last 2 sentences.
It would be great to read Psychiatrists reports about this specimen, 'blaming' so many in his path.

It's odd, then, if Barry were casting aspersions at Sho's former boyfriend....wasn't it also the case that the former boyfriend also called in a suspicious vehicle sighting on the same date that Sho did? Is he friend or foe?

It does seem a bit strange, and come trial we'll probably learn more about the veracity and circumstances of the BF's statement. I wouldn't be surprised if the truth is that Barry and SD were together and collaborating (co-conspiring?) a lot earlier than either claims. And that the boyfriend was unwittingly manipulated at the time he made the statement. (as an aside, was the BF's statement actually in the AA? I haven't looked at it in a while)

There's some backstory drama between SD and her boyfriend/fiancee. I could see SD and Barry jointly deciding to point fingers at him.

Last edited by a moderator:
SODDI might just turn out to be:
SOLDI - Some other lion did it, or
SOCDI - Some other chipmunk did it, or
SOTDI - Some other turkey did it, or....well, you get the idea. OTOH....could be that:
ITWHOM - I think we have our man.

I hate to type this but don't forget...
SOSDI
some other sibling did it

Barry is so despicable

It occurs to me that an empty AirBnB that you have access to would be a great place to hook-up, if you were so inclined.

MOO

SD's AA pg 7. Pinon Real Estate Group manages the "Cushman" vacation rental and it's likely that their agreement includes property check in addition to cleaning services. Given the remote location of PP, I can see this as service the owner would require. I agree that SD would probably have knowledge of the property as well as the occupancy schedule. MOO

https://www.fox21news.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/37/2021/09/21M351-Darke-Redacted-Affidavit.pdf

We don't know if FB and SD were still in a relationship on May 10 but it seems to me that their reports about seeing a vehicle looking out of place were independent of each other:

FB reported seeing a vehicle looking out of place on the bike TRAIL -- not Puma Path Rd. From the video linked below, FB gives no indication that he knows the victim and/or where SM lived. His account is specifically about the bike trail.

Authorities cordon off home of missing Chaffee County woman | FOX31 Denver

From the AA, SD stated that she reported seeing a suspicious vehicle in the PP subdivision while cleaning.

Take note that the "Cushman" house is listed in Airbnb and not occupied fulltime by owner. It would not be unusual for this home to be cleaned on Sunday as a guest rental home. SM's brother Andy also stayed at the "Cushman house" when he was town. This information conveyed during his interviews on Profiling Evil youtube (PE).
I think in that same conversation with PE, AM said BM was staying over across the river. I always thought that he stayed with the Ritters in the first few days after SM disappeared before he moved up to GD’s house.
I also thought that perhaps JR or MR overheard or saw something in those early days which they relayed to LE. Why do they need a no contact order if they were good friends and BM asked them to call LE when he couldn’t reach SM? Doesn’t seem like anything threatening there………. IMO

Quoting: Lauren
Bridget Bulker (housekeeper)
"I went there (dumpster) it was late up in the evening and when I throw the thing over, she and her husband came to see who was throwing trash in there and I had like seven bags to throw in. They didn't know who I was. They asked why I was dumping? I said I manage properties up the road and they said oh okay! Now that we know who you are.

When I heard that she went missing, I said dang, I just talked to her a couple of days ago. People come and camp and they put things in the dumpster, so they were wondering if that was the case. That's all it is. They were going for a walk, on an evening walk."

When I asked if I could do an interview on camera she said NO I'm a mess... I've been cleaning. Can I report what you've said she replied yes.

"I think it was a Wednesday afternoon before she went missing. I had some guests that were here that had to leave because of corona. But then I came up here to take out all of the food that was inside, to take everything out. I was throwing things out because I didn't know so that's why I was there.

Those two is rental properties and their house and around here there are two people who live there. All of the people who live in this area are friendly. They'll talk to you because they all know each other. As I said, the dumpster they all pay for it. So it is a community. They all know each other."
End Quote.
There is no media link to post.
Amazing how campers come and put things in the dumpster so close to home, but Barry had to drive 3 hours to throw away trash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ty1220