Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #84

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This whole thing should be dismissed. It is just their way of trying to intimidate Barry. I received notice that my packages were delivered and went outside and they weren't there. I saw them on my neighbors front door and went over and saw my name and took them. They were mine. I never thought for one second I was trespassing. Barry authorized her to get it and that should be the end. The whole thing is petty IMO![/
Attached is a photo from the AA. This is why it isn’t petty.
Affidavit: Woman linked to Barry Morphew arrested after allegedly trespassing on former Morphew property

Attachments

• 760EE886-12A0-4B3A-A1EE-A49C8FEF6010.jpeg
    760EE886-12A0-4B3A-A1EE-A49C8FEF6010.jpeg
    376.9 KB · Views: 143
I did not realize this. Very interesting. For instance in the Chris Watts case the dogs wouldn't have been much help I supposed since he killed Shannan and got rid of her in under 6 hours. So a dog wouldn't have picked up the scent from the house or the truck used to take her to the burial site, am I understanding this correctly?

Thank you for this info, I have wondered and when I googled it the responses vary so I didn't know. Oh and you are right, it totally doesn't make sense.

Someone else replied that they used search and rescue dogs trying to find Suzanne's scent which totally makes sense.

I can't believe that anybody is questioning the long-distance owners from protecting their $1.7M real estate investment from trespassers.

Colorado Criminal “Trespassing” Laws. The Colorado crime of criminal trespass is when a person unlawfully enters or remains on someone else's property. Penalties for criminal trespass in Colorado range from as little as a fine and probation to as much as three (3) years in prison and a $100,000 fine.

A Guide To Colorado "Trespassing Laws" - Definition, Penalties, Defenses.

This whole thing should be dismissed. It is just their way of trying to intimidate Barry. I received notice that my packages were delivered and went outside and they weren't there. I saw them on my neighbors front door and went over and saw my name and took them. They were mine. I never thought for one second I was trespassing. Barry authorized her to get it and that should be the end. The whole thing is petty IMO!
I never thought for one second that those NO Trespassing signs applied to me.

This whole thing should be dismissed. It is just their way of trying to intimidate Barry. I received notice that my packages were delivered and went outside and they weren't there. I saw them on my neighbors front door and went over and saw my name and took them. They were mine. I never thought for one second I was trespassing. Barry authorized her to get it and that should be the end. The whole thing is petty IMO!
We don’t know that BM authorized her.
We don’t know that the package was addressed to him.
We don’t know anything about the package because this is not about the package.
She was not charged with theft of a package.
She was charged with trespassing which she clearly was.
The property has one entrance/exit via the driveway and is clearly marked with signs warning that violators will be prosecuted.
JMO

Attachments

• 067167C7-B628-48F2-9772-B5A9A98854C8.jpeg
    067167C7-B628-48F2-9772-B5A9A98854C8.jpeg
    574 KB · Views: 16
I can't believe that anybody is questioning the long-distance owners from protecting their $1.7M real estate investment from trespassers.

Colorado Criminal “Trespassing” Laws. The Colorado crime of criminal trespass is when a person unlawfully enters or remains on someone else's property. Penalties for criminal trespass in Colorado range from as little as a fine and probation to as much as three (3) years in prison and a $100,000 fine.

A Guide To Colorado "Trespassing Laws" - Definition, Penalties, Defenses.
SD took a package off the porch that wasnt the new owners. These people are so rich that they have a $1.8M (rounded up) house that they dont even live in and they're worried about a package that isn't even theirs, arresting a harmless disabled woman, just seems petty.

Last edited by a moderator:
Off the wall question - when is BM considered no longer legally married to SM and free to remarry?
Interesting question. I would guess she would have to be declared legally dead through the courts, which I understand takes years. Hopefully he'll be in prison in nine months and not free to find another victim, er I mean wife ...

Shoshona took a package off the porch that wasnt the new owners. These people are so rich that they have a $1.8M (rounded up) house that they dont even live in and they're worried about a package that isn't even theirs, just seems petty.
It’s not about the package. No trespassing means no trespassing. I’d have a word with FedEx too if I were the owner.

We don't know if the package was misdelivered, or if Barry intentionally did not change the address with the vendor. Depending on who it was. With Amazon, changing residence is two seconds, but any firearms place would need more, I assume.

I think Barry was ordering from the place where changing an address is more difficult. Not necessarily a gun vendor, BTW, I think, rather, some bank where he was previously registered under a different address.

I’m pretty sure that a firearm or ammunition can’t be left on a porch, so highly unlikely that it was a firearm or ammunition, IMO.

I tend to think it was intentional in order to get a peek at the property, JMHO.

Shoshona took a package off the porch that wasnt the new owners. These people are so rich that they have a $1.8M (rounded up) house that they dont even live in and they're worried about a package that isn't even theirs, just seems petty.

It's not petty in my opinion, however, your comment got me to thinking. I get a notification when receiving a UPS, FedEx or Amazon package to either my phone or email. Perhaps (forgive me if this was previously an "ahha" moment mentioned) BM or Morphew household was notified of a package delivery and this package was sent on purpose hoping it would be an attempted pickup by "someone else" to land that person back behind bars.

Shoshona took a package off the porch that wasnt the new owners. These people are so rich that they have a $1.8M (rounded up) house that they dont even live in and they're worried about a package that isn't even theirs, arresting a harmless disabled woman, just seems petty.
Perhaps her court appearance relating to a restraining order raised concerns for them? Just a thought.

Shoshona took a package off the porch that wasnt the new owners. These people are so rich that they have a $1.8M (rounded up) house that they dont even live in and they're worried about a package that isn't even theirs, arresting a harmless disabled woman, just seems petty.
Honestly can’t determine if you are being facetious or not.
Moo

The end of the day, a stranger to them, clearly trespassed onto their property, don't think they worried bout the package, she had no lawful right to be there. I don't have issue with it, part of me hopes, that the new owner, like most of us here, wish Suzanne to have justice, maybe they feel this could help in some small way, idk .

Also it's another of those damn coincidences that just keep on happening to BM, he has the darndest luck in the world :rolleyes:

Chaffee County is large enough that BM didn’t need to move within walking distance of his former house. That was his choice, and the choice of the neighbors that allowed him to stay there.
It was absolutely his choice to stay there. And I have a feeling it was ‘their’ choice that SD go to the former home to grab a package. And that was a dumb choice.

It’s not just you. :) He will say he thought it was ok, everyone else does it. Would not surprise me if he mailed the package addressed to Suzanne’s name. “You mean. I can’t order on behalf of my missing wife? I’m sure she’d really want this product.”
Yeah that, and maybe not just ordered the package in Suzanne’s name, sent SD over to do the grab and run porch pirate thing, knowing full well there were now working surveillance cameras at PP to be able to say, “see I told you, Suzanne is alive! She ordered something and snuck back to PP to pick up the package!!” You know, because SD looks like Suzanne and all:rolleyes:, thought he/they could pull a fast one thinking the LE wouldn’t be able to trace the order back to him nor recognize SD on “grainy” surveillance (think reasonable doubt). Might be far-fetched but then again, this is BMoron we are talking about who seemingly and in typical narc fashion, thinks he’s the smartest one in the room, thought he could outsmart the FBI, brilliant SA Grusing et al, lololol.:D

At any rate, let’s just say that nothing this poor excuse of a human and husband does/says/thinks he can get away with would surprise me at this point.

Justice is coming dear Suzanne.

IMHOO

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne

Last edited:

Barry is out on bail for first degree murder. If I was a new neighbor, I would feel very intimidated by his presence within walking distance of the very home where he is accused of murdering his wife. He has absolutely no right to send packages there, nor send his friends to pick up packages from the doorstep. He should have canceled and reordered when he realized the mix-up - if it was just a mix-up - of which I am not convinced.

I waited patiently on a package from Fedex some weeks ago. It never came but I saw a Fedex driver place a package on my neighbors porch who lives across the street from me. That neighbor works during the day. I did NOT go look at the package or try to retrieve it. I waited until my neighbor came home and he actually walked it over to me. Point is, it didn't occur to me to "take" the package off his porch. People have cameras and it would have looked like i was stealing. Neither Barry nor his girlfriend live there and there was NO REASON to take the package without contacting the owner first. They knew what they were doing was wrong.

Thing is, Barry never thought the new owner had cameras watching.

Totally agree with you.

And to add another level of WTH to this crazy story, why would Shoshanna go, all alone, to a home where her bf's wife was possibly abducted and sold into sex trafficking or maimed by a crazed mountain lion? And why would Barry put his "bff" in that position, if it was he who sent her over there? I thought the whole reason for selling PP was that they were so scared of that place!

Make it make sense.

He did say he was selling the property because someone took SM from there and the girls feared for their lives. He's onlying when his lips move. He is a lying liar that lies.

You are correct, it is his choice and his friends choice. He's free to live where he wants as long as it is Chaffee county. I don't begrudge people who just can't stand how the legal system works, but it is what it is. The judge could have approved him living in Gunnison...but didn't. The package pickup has not an iota of important in Barry's case. Could have been anyone's package technically and legally. The decision was on law enforcement to actually make an arrest versus mitigate the situation with a warning. Who knows maybe there are happy people in Chaffee county that now know if they catch someone on their property the police will track the person down and throw them in the slammer immediately no questions asked. Black and white case closed boom boom done. I'm no fan of that type of policing but heh it happened.

RSBM > “I don't begrudge people who just can't stand how the legal system works, but it is what it is.”

^Are you addressing that statement to me? I assure you that I do respect the legal system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
extremevertigo