Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
RBBM

Yes. But unfortunately Search Teams have only so much time and funding.

Hopefully, more funding can be raised in the near future.

JMVHO.
Might have been nice if Barry spent that fundraising money looking for Suzanne. If only! Not to mention he had cleared himself a large sum of cash but no he decided it was earmarked for his many other needs. IMO

What color were the biking shorts he suggested to LE initially? Perhaps he dropped the other biking clothes elsewhere and was disappointed they too weren’t located? IMO
EBM for additional thought. Maybe Barry continued to dispense clothing and other materials in hopes to muddy the investigation especially a couple of days after when he surely knew LE wasn’t buying his BS. IMO
AM swore that helmet couldn’t have been where it was found on the day his team searched that very area. This leaves open the possibility that BM was planting items several days later. Question is, where did he have them stashed?

(Possible Second Device for Barry)
On June 11, 2020, your affiant received information from FBI SA Grusing and Computer Scientist Brian Turner that while reviewing the data from the cell phone extraction of Barry’s iPhone, they found a second device, User ID: 2BD073C4-EFD5-413C-92AC-351DD5B43C11, identifier: REDACTED was associated with Barry’s iPhone with an SMS at 03:43:44 PM MST on May 8th, 2020.

This user ID is separate from the primary User ID: D2AAE6DB-8F77-4583-B5D4-B966F3D23F70, identifier: REDACTED

This second device was first used on November 30,2019 and was associated with Barry’s iPhone 91 times since then, compared to 1,701 associations with the primary User ID since November 2019.

Dates this device was associated with Barry’s iPhone since May 5, 2020:

05/05/2020 12:48:34 PM (UTC-6)
05/10/2020 08:47:28 AM (UTC -6)
05110/2020 11:50:52 AM (UTC -6)
05/11/2020 07:54:50 AM (UTC -6)
05/11/2020 08:14:29 AM (UTC -6)
05/11/2020 05:44;42 PM (UTC -6)
05/12/2020 05:58:11 PM (UTC -6)
^^rsbbm

I'm beginning to think that the information about an unidentified phone associated with BM's iPhone (PH defense exhibit report) might have been premature, and the association has since been worked -- most likely identified from the family shared plan.

For example, I think it's possible that the 2nd device SMS dated 5/8/20 associated with BM's iPhone is actually linked to MM2.

I find it odd how a second paragraph for associations after May 5, 2020, excludes the May 8 SMS activity.

2nd device associations designated after May 5, 2020, are represented as a block of 7 entries but the report fails to identify the type of activity. Calls? SMS? iMsg??

Given the details or lack of, I'm inclined to believe the only valid association here was the SMS dated May 8, where more details were made available.

I think it's important to note during the period that the 2nd device is associated with BM's iPhone, it just happens to correlate with the dates the daughters were on a road trip.

And if you continue following the PH defense Exhibit, all BM's communication including incoming/outgoing calls, SMS, and iMessages, are linked to what's identified in the report as MM2's phone/Ident number.

MOO

https://www.courts.state.co.us/user...est/21CR78/Defense Prelim Hearing Ex Rest.pdf

Why would he be reaching for a receipt to write a note on before he knew anyone was inside the market? They were already closed for the day.
A worker spotted BM digging through the trash after they had closed. He went out and asked BM what he was doing. BM said his wife was missing and he was looking for her helmet. The worker went back inside.
BM went to the door and knocked. He went in and explained the circumstances. One of the workers asked him for a description of his wife. That’s when BM wrote his note:
Baby blue bike
helmet

Biking clothes

If you were really trying to help someone find your missing wife based on your description, is this what you would write?

He was digging in the trash before they asked him for a description.

View attachment 333535

No description, no hair color, no height, no weight.
Didn't the manager say in her TV interview with LS that her store clerk that spotted BM in the trash, gave him the pen/register slip to write the note?

RBBM

Yes. But unfortunately Search Teams have only so much time and funding.

Hopefully, more funding can be raised in the near future.

JMVHO.
Might have been nice if Barry spent that fundraising money looking for Suzanne. If only! Not to mention he had cleared himself a large sum of cash but no he decided it was earmarked for his many other needs. IMO
AM swore that helmet couldn’t have been where it was found on the day his team searched that very area. This leaves open the possibility that BM was planting items several days later. Question is, where did he have them stashed?
my bet is Cushman’s property or beneath a rock near on on his PP property, which I wish Barry would be a gentleman and hide beneath as well. IMO

I believe AM. Was it George who was supposedly supporting the search that day and disappeared?

Suzanne's phone last pinged in the near vicinity of Puma Path.

I keep going back to what he said.

When Agents tell Barry they don’t have her phone, he says, “Nobody found her phone?” and then, “I figured you guys had to have it.” He then says, “See, that’s, that’s, that’s really weird, because I thought from day one you guys had the phone.”

When Barry was asked where he would look for the phone knowing where the bike and the helmet were, he said, “In between.” (Page 79 of 129)

It's got to be somewhere along US 50 between Maysville and the Garfield turn. Right? That was the staging, someone carried her off west.

As for Poncha Market ...

May 12, 2020 – 20:00 – Barry found digging in the trash at Poncha Market
“He went to write down a description of maybe what she was wearing,” Butala said. “I just thought it was weird because he didn’t explain what the color of her eyes were or her hair or anything about her, like how tall she was or anything.”

(Possible Second Device for Barry)
On June 11, 2020, your affiant received information from FBI SA Grusing and Computer Scientist Brian Turner that while reviewing the data from the cell phone extraction of Barry’s iPhone, they found a second device, User ID: 2BD073C4-EFD5-413C-92AC-351DD5B43C11, identifier: REDACTED was associated with Barry’s iPhone with an SMS at 03:43:44 PM MST on May 8th, 2020.

This user ID is separate from the primary User ID: D2AAE6DB-8F77-4583-B5D4-B966F3D23F70, identifier: REDACTED

This second device was first used on November 30,2019 and was associated with Barry’s iPhone 91 times since then, compared to 1,701 associations with the primary User ID since November 2019.

Dates this device was associated with Barry’s iPhone since May 5, 2020:

05/05/2020 12:48:34 PM (UTC-6)
05/10/2020 08:47:28 AM (UTC -6)
05110/2020 11:50:52 AM (UTC -6)
05/11/2020 07:54:50 AM (UTC -6)
05/11/2020 08:14:29 AM (UTC -6)
05/11/2020 05:44;42 PM (UTC -6)
05/12/2020 05:58:11 PM (UTC -6)

Barry had two minutes between being seen on camera at the US 50 junction and the next camera up the highway. I never could locate the next camera on street view, but Grusing didn't indicate that he thought Barry did anything but go directly to Broomfield after the Garfield turn around.
BBM and JMO

FWIW I just noticed something about the use of the second device. When it connected on 5/11 and 5/12 (weekdays), the times that it connected are on either side of normal working hours.. Perhaps Barry was in contact with someone (SD?) before her work day started and then again after it ended. Was he instructing someone (SD?) to call in the sighting of a suspicious vehicle?

You know when you want to say something but you’re having trouble articulating it? That’s me right now so bear with me. Barry sounds genuinely surprised to learn that LE did not have Suzanne’s phone.

Let’s say Barry left her phone in a spot where he was confidant LE would find it. Probably within throwing distance of the helmet. He continued to text Suzanne after he knew she was dead because he wanted LE to see him as a caring husband who was worried sick about his missing wife. But if he did toss the phone, why take the charger too?

Well, he probably knew that even without the actual phone, LE would subpoena the records.He wanted it to look like Suzanne took off with her new boyfriend and, in that case, she’d take the phone and charger with her. He’d then have to destroy the phone.

I suppose it’s also possible that he wanted it to look like a sex maniac kidnapper riding a mountain lion, while shooting chipmunks, abducted Suzanne. He’d have to destroy the phone in that case too.

He makes a predictable attempt at staging but then he goes one step, or fifty steps, further and adds things to the scenario that make absolutely no sense. As the evidence rolls in, he’s modifying. He was overthinking everything and it’s giving me a headache trying to figure him out.

I am still puzzled about the coolers. It seems everyone thinks that BM must have had some. Would they be made of metal, plastic, polystyrene, or what? In other words, could they have been chopped up and put into garbage bins and dumpsters? And if they weren't, then don't they have to be with Suzanne?

I am still puzzled about the coolers. It seems everyone thinks that BM must have had some. Would they be made of metal, plastic, polystyrene, or what? In other words, could they have been chopped up and put into garbage bins and dumpsters? And if they weren't, then don't they have to be with Suzanne?
Unanswered question. We heard about it from Andy, but they have not been mentioned since (AA and prelim).

It makes sense to me, as it would be a perfect way to transport a body. We saw this in the Berreth case with Patrick Frazee's infamous black tote (box).

We'll have to wait for trial to see if there may be anything to this.

BBM and JMO

FWIW I just noticed something about the use of the second device. When it connected on 5/11 and 5/12 (weekdays), the times that it connected are on either side of normal working hours.. Perhaps Barry was in contact with someone (SD?) before her work day started and then again after it ended. Was he instructing someone (SD?) to call in the sighting of a suspicious vehicle?

You know when you want to say something but you’re having trouble articulating it? That’s me right now so bear with me. Barry sounds genuinely surprised to learn that LE did not have Suzanne’s phone.

Let’s say Barry left her phone in a spot where he was confidant LE would find it. Probably within throwing distance of the helmet. He continued to text Suzanne after he knew she was dead because he wanted LE to see him as a caring husband who was worried sick about his missing wife. But if he did toss the phone, why take the charger too?

Well, he probably knew that even without the actual phone, LE would subpoena the records.He wanted it to look like Suzanne took off with her new boyfriend and, in that case, she’d take the phone and charger with her. He’d then have to destroy the phone.

I suppose it’s also possible that he wanted it to look like a sex maniac kidnapper riding a mountain lion, while shooting chipmunks, abducted Suzanne. He’d have to destroy the phone in that case too.

He makes a predictable attempt at staging but then he goes one step, or fifty steps, further and adds things to the scenario that make absolutely no sense. As the evidence rolls in, he’s modifying. He was overthinking everything and it’s giving me a headache trying to figure him out.
Hmm many of us have pondered if one of the reasons he may have tranqued her was to keep her alive in order to gain access to her phone and it’s entire history. My kids and husband have known my passcode for years until hubby started ordering Christmas gifts last year so I changed it. If I shut down my phone now I must enter the numerical code or it won’t let me in. Despite my thumbprint. Others have suggested that Barry took the phone with the charger because he wanted to view everything. Not sure what model mine is but will find out tomorrow. What if Suzanne was able to shut her phone down eliminating Barry’s chances at a free for all as he likes to say on her phone? Made him even more insane no matter how smart and conniving he considers himself to be? IMO

Hmm many of us have pondered if one of the reasons he may have tranqued her was to keep her alive in order to gain access to her phone and it’s entire history. My kids and husband have known my passcode for years until hubby started ordering Christmas gifts last year so I changed it. If I shut down my phone now I must enter the numerical code or it won’t let me in. Despite my thumbprint. Others have suggested that Barry took the phone with the charger because he wanted to view everything. Not sure what model mine is but will find out tomorrow. What if Suzanne was able to shut her phone down eliminating Barry’s chances at a free for all as he likes to say on her phone? Made him even more insane no matter how smart and conniving he considers himself to be? IMO
Her phone apparently showed no activity after he arrived home, so I think it's a safe bet that he either didn't attempt to access it, or wasn't able to.

He had bigger fish to fry at that point anyway.

I think he believed that the tranquilizer was the perfect crime. If not for modern technology, and Barry not understanding how dryers work, he might have been right.

Unanswered question. We heard about it from Andy, but they have not been mentioned since (AA and prelim).

It makes sense to me, as it would be a perfect way to transport a body. We saw this in the Berreth case with Patrick Frazee's infamous black tote (box).

We'll have to wait for trial to see if there may be anything to this.
If Barry had moved a boulder away from a mine opening earlier in the week, could he have merely positioned his truck in such a way that he could electronically open the tail and dispose of a cooler in a mine site? I don’t know but it seems his truck would have had all the bells and whistles. Find an off camera spot drive uphill open the tail and bye. Creepy also to think that he might have known the cameras everywhere on public roads and the timeframe to work within. More premeditation?

I firmly believe she's in one of the three shafts behind Puma Path. He told Grusing there were only two.
Google Earth
Here are a couple relief maps to help with your thought, not much for tailings in the lower or northern 'mine' of those 3 you marked. The Bureau has no registered claims on file for these 3 mines or any files(claims) recorded for these 'mines', the earliest records in the area dated back to 1930. The zig zag "trail" measured ~1.5 miles from the Southern edge of the campground to the end mine at the end of the trail with a 1,300' increase in elevation. The Northern mine that has the single trail leading to it is ~0.9 miles from the campground with an elevation gain of ~700'.
Also attached is a satellite image looking South, from 2005, of the area that has a better view(IMO) of the zig zag trail, this was prior to the PP House being built.

Attachments

• Relief_Map.JPG
    Relief_Map.JPG
    44.8 KB · Views: 43
  • Relief_Map2.JPG
    Relief_Map2.JPG
    82.6 KB · Views: 47
  • 2005_Sat_Mays.JPG
    2005_Sat_Mays.JPG
    171.4 KB · Views: 40
If Barry had moved a boulder away from a mine opening earlier in the week, could he have merely positioned his truck in such a way that he could electronically open the tail and dispose of a cooler in a mine site? I don’t know but it seems his truck would have had all the bells and whistles. Find an off camera spot drive uphill open the tail and bye. Creepy also to think that he might have known the cameras everywhere on public roads and the timeframe to work within. More premeditation?

His truck is not a good mountain trail truck. It is pretty long to make it through the switchback's on the trail heading up to the mines south of the PP house. Altho, an older RR is a perfect mountain trail vehicle.

A few questions that've been bugging me.

Daughter's boyfriend apparently commented that SM wouldn't have gone for a bike ride at the location where the bike was found, because it was too challenging/steep a gradient for her.

Would he have been referring to County Road 225, the road to the Puma Path home? Or is there also a separate trail?

And do we have any sense of SM's purpose in her bike rides? What I mean is, was she riding for exercise/fitness (wasn't there some talk that she was considering trying to become a personal trainer?) or was she riding for the fun/adventure/bike skills/adrenaline/outdoors experience? I don't think we've seen anything specifically elaborating on this, but I'm curious what folks think.

Another irk: if she rode every day, why would she ask BM to take her bike off/out of her vehicle that weekend? Wouldn't it just stay on/in the vehicle unless she was driving somewhere unusual like an out of town trip? But on days she stayed home or in the Salida area, wouldn't it stay with the car so as to be ready for that day's or the following day's ride?

In fact, why would she ask him to remove it even when it DID need to be removed? If she normally drove to her rides, she clearly removed the bike from the vehicle at the trailhead in order to ride, and then returned it to the car for the drive home. So it's not like it was too heavy for her or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AtroRed