Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #95

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder whether IE is actually heading towards suggesting Suzanne made the searches in an effort to make BM look bad once she had ‘disappeared herself’.

I can see the suggestion from defense that SM did the searches herself to point the finger at BM cheating. IIRC defense seems focused on SM's accusations of BM. IMO

This was shot down on further questioning. The Range Rover in question was completely different. Something about a roof rack if I recall.

No one is hiding anything, but the defense is sure trying to mislead people. Fortunately it all seems to fall apart with the full context.

Just gotta listen to the whole thing, and not simply hear what you want to hear.

This would be easy to back up with her RR data as well. We haven't heard that yet, but I suspect the only activity on that RR on Saturday is trunk opening and maybe a door open and close.

I can see the suggestion from defense that SM did the searches herself to point the finger at BM cheating. IIRC defense seems focused on SM's accusations of BM. IMO
Looks like BM claimed SM was framing him.
March 2021 interview. Page 91 of AA

Attachments

• 5B046B2F-3558-4BC4-AF7E-9A47EE4BD781.jpeg
    5B046B2F-3558-4BC4-AF7E-9A47EE4BD781.jpeg
    31.1 KB · Views: 53
Here's a snippet from article linked <snipped>

A long list of motions remained at the end of a full day of motions hearing: among the most important D-25 and D-33, both related to the extensive evidence files, including more than 40 hours of defendant interviews going back to May, 2020.

Among next steps:

The discovery defense supplement is due March 4 and a final Motions hearing is set for 9:30 a.m. March 4.

A notice of those who will be called to testify is due March 25, 2022

A request was made by the defense to extend the trial days and the court set the trial to run from May 2 through June 3, 2022.

Morphew Murder Trial Motions Hearing Continues, Judge Orders Potential Testimony of Domestic Abuse Excluded - by Jan Wondra - Ark Valley Voice

Looks like BM claimed SM was framing him.
March 2021 interview. Page 91 of AA
That's too funny! He says he NEVER went to a *advertiser censored* site then, wait for it...
Have I looked at a naked woman on one of those sites? I have before.
Well bust my buttons!
And then, of course, it was Suzanne framing him for looking for women. Maybe he has DID? Temporary insanity at any given time during questioning? Um, yeah, I mean no. I'm confused. Someone is using my wife for sex, ffs! We had SEX all the time! I don't recall. Who gives a damn about pizza! I don't even like pizza! Where's my teddy bear... did you take my teddy bear?!
(sorry, I pictured a meltdown and couldn't stop) :oops:

A long list of motions remained at the end of a full day of motions hearing: among the most important D-25 and D-33, both related to the extensive evidence files, including more than 40 hours of defendant interviews going back to May, 2020.

Among next steps:

The discovery defense supplement is due March 4 and a final Motions hearing is set for 9:30 a.m. March 4.

A request was made by the defense to extend the trial days and the court set the trial to run from May 2 through June 3, 2022.

Morphew Murder Trial Motions Hearing Continues, Judge Orders Potential Testimony of Domestic Abuse Excluded - by Jan Wondra - Ark Valley Voice
Wow thanks, that is about the most complete info we have seen from the prior hearing. Hopefully this newspaper reports on today.

Last edited:
That's too funny! He says he NEVER went to a *advertiser censored* site then, wait for it...
Well bust my buttons!
And then, of course, it was Suzanne framing him for looking for women. Maybe he has DID? Temporary insanity at any given time during questioning? Um, yeah, I mean no. I'm confused. Someone is using my wife for sex, ffs! We had SEX all the time! I don't recall. Who gives a damn about pizza! I don't even like pizza! Where's my teddy bear... did you take my teddy bear?!

Oh sounds about right...

I never hit my wife.... but once I clipped her a weird reflex thing

I never used the tranquillizer in Colorado but I did tranquilize that deer in April to take the horns

I set my alarm and woke up.. drove right to Broomfield.... but wait my prostate causes me issues so I was up to pee and didn't wake up to the alarm and then I did turn left to follow that elk..

I went home to have that veggie soup and sunbathe with my wife.. but wait really I was hunting for that week old turkey my daughter shot..

I didn't kill my wife... but I did suck the life out of her while she was alive so basically I killed her. I'd love to hear him admit that on the stand.

Among next steps:

This article has some interesting details about the motions and rulings. This part and the quote from the judge was particularly enlightening about the DNA:

"The elephant in the room regarding evidence remained the DNA evidence that the defense had accused the prosecution of not getting to them in a timely manner (motion D-36), and the prosecution had responded that they didn’t have it by the time the defense said they had it. Prosecuting Attorney Edwards said “we will be filing a motion to exclude alternate suspect evidence as we understand it — other suspects with a tenuous connection to the case.

The Judge disagreed, saying that “there is nothing speculative or remote at the crime scene – it is relevant and its not tenuous or speculative. We’ll make a ruling NOT excluding this evidence. The question is, what happens if some other evidence is introduced during trial that we don’t know, haven’t considered now? The People are given leave to reverse the motion, but at the juncture won’t require the defense to file anything. The foreign matter DNA is relevant.”"

Well bust my buttons!
More often he seems to forget about things, he doesn't like and doesn't do and even hates. The thing with McDonald and Granola bar from his truck - hilariously funny. Idiot.

I wonder whether IE is actually heading towards suggesting Suzanne made the searches in an effort to make BM look bad once she had ‘disappeared herself’.
I won’t be surprised by anything the Defense attempts. IMO they don’t have much to work with and a lot to overcome thanks to their chatty client.

Just about all they can do is question the collection, handling and processing of the State’s evidence and LE/DA interpretation of it. They’ll likely go through a lot of the tips in an attempt to show that LE was so focused on Barry that they didn’t investigate properly.

I expect to hear a lot of SODDI, Suzanne bashing and LE trashing, along with a whole mess of time-wasting argument.

Well bust my buttons!
I am laughing so hard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BAM!

Oh sounds about right...

I never hit my wife.... but once I clipped her a weird reflex thing

I never used the tranquillizer in Colorado but I did tranquilize that deer in April to take the horns

I set my alarm and woke up.. drove right to Broomfield.... but wait my prostate causes me issues so I was up to pee and didn't wake up to the alarm and then I did turn left to follow that elk..

I went home to have that veggie soup and sunbathe with my wife.. but wait really I was hunting for that week old turkey my daughter shot..

I didn't kill my wife... but I did suck the life out of her while she was alive so basically I killed her. I'd love to hear him admit that on the stand.
These are funny!!
I know these are supposed to be serious threads. But this is so funny and it alleviates the stress! Bam!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharlafields